Page 101 of 149 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2229
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That was...um...bad. I'm chalking it up to the pandemic putting them in a position where they have to slap something together at the last minute. Have no idea if that's the heat vision we'll see in the show.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's supposed to be deliberate with Jordan at least.
    It's giving Riverdale tease and I'm not fucking with it quite yet.

Astonishing Member

I am hopeful.
    I look forward with confidence to the post-"Superman & Lois" era, in 2 o 3 years.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That was...um...bad. I'm chalking it up to the pandemic putting them in a position where they have to slap something together at the last minute. Have no idea if that's the heat vision we'll see in the show.
    Yeah, I think it's a haphazard promo they had to work around because of COVID making filming more difficult.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Season Trailer:

That was somehow far worse than anything I could have expected. My expectations were already in the dumpster out back.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-29-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That really doesn't look good. That voiceover alone is embarrassing. Was that seriously the best take they got out of Tyler? We've seen him in enough stuff that we know he can act, but this certainly doesn't show this.

Hope this is not reflective of the level of quality the show is aiming for.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm getting a "first season of Superboy" vibe from this. Hope I'm wrong.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That was somehow far worse than anything I could have expected. My expectations were already in the dumpster out back.
    Between this and the new Spider-Man costume it's been a rough Tuesday Newsday. Jesus I expected garbage and was still let down.

Tyler just does not want to be Superman anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Season Trailer:

This narration sounds like something you'd here in a commercial for like athletic Nike shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Between this and the new Spider-Man costume it's been a rough Tuesday Newsday. Jesus I expected garbage and was still let down.

I'd hate to think the delivery in just one teaser would be indicative of that.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

This whole project seems soulless, but yeah he's really a terrible Superman. Takes courage to release something this bad though, I'll admit.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-29-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This whole project seems soulless, but yeah he's really a terrible Superman. Takes courage to release something this bad though, I'll admit.
    I think I've seen enough to say he's a good Superman even if the material lends to him playing second to Kara more often than not. I don't think a promo with chalky footage and voiceover is enough to decry his entire Superman before we even see him perform on the show.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I mean,it looks like a standard cw trailer.I don't get what's so bad about it?It's going back to the donnerisms and crystals.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I've seen enough to say he's a good Superman even if the material lends to him playing second to Kara more often than not. I don't think a promo with chalky footage and voiceover is enough to decry his entire Superman before we even see him perform on the show.
    Yeah this. Still CW’s marketing really sucks and they don’t seem to know how to portray Hoechlin at his best. I’ve never had any problems with his performance though and am baffled when people say he’s terrible. It’s kind of the same song and dance every time though, you got people who hated the guy who plays Barry because he wasn’t blonde and looked so young until the show actually started. Batffleck fanboys hate Battison and really have it out for him. Hopefully the show will be able to win people over when it’s actually out and running but until then the discourse will remain as heated as ever.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-29-2020 at 10:37 PM.

With the exception of what they did with Crisis and the yearly Legends trailers, CW marketing is always garbage. They have a solid special effects house on this series, so I'm not particularly concerned by one mediocre teaser.