Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2229
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Batman showed up in costume for a dream sequence in the first season of Titans, so the rules are squishy...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Batman showed up in costume for a dream sequence in the first season of Titans, so the rules are squishy...
    But notice Bruce Wayne has never shown up AS Batman in the show. We never see him put on the costume. The rules were always squishy. Technically he wasn't even supposed to be in the Justice League cartoon.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can they have “Bruce Wayne” show up since I assume Fox still owns the TV rights? Does that mean Disney could put out a Batman TV show?
    There are rumors that a Batwoman/Superman crossover will happen this year with the search for the real Bruce Wayne being the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    There are rumors that a Batwoman/Superman crossover will happen this year with the search for the real Bruce Wayne being the storyline.
    Yep I heard that rumor too. I wonder if Covid put a damper on that though?

Spectacular Member

Does this show ever get confused with the prior one Lois & Clark? Seems like people might get confused and think they are downloading Superman & Lois and get Lois & Clark instead, the names are very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    Does this show ever get confused with the prior one Lois & Clark? Seems like people might get confused and think they are downloading Superman & Lois and get Lois & Clark instead, the names are very similar.
    That probably played a role in why Superman’s name came first this time

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep I heard that rumor too. I wonder if Covid put a damper on that though?
    I wonder if the change in Batwoman lead effected it too...although maybe I'm mis-remembering and the crossover was confirmed/rumored around the time they were setting up Ryan Wilder.

the crossovers are cancelled this year due to covid
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/bamsmac...rrowverse/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    No real loss. Clark teaming up with Bruce’s cousin is one thing, but teaming up with someone he never met who has zero relations to the Waynes is a harder sell. Might as well get the new Batwoman better established first.

Yeah, I didn't think there would be a sensible reason to crossover with Ryan Wilder anyways.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I mean, where do you go after doing COIE?
    Assassinate Putin!

Honestly, I find it a bit odd we're 1 month away from the premiere and we don't have a trailer yet, besides that teaser. Even Batwoman has one. I wonder why. Maybe special effects need more polishing? I'd assume that would be done for episode 1.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I mean, where do you go after doing COIE?
    Infinite Crisis? Zero Hour? Don't tempt them, they might try DC One Million.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Honestly, I find it a bit odd we're 1 month away from the premiere and we don't have a trailer yet, besides that teaser. Even Batwoman has one. I wonder why. Maybe special effects need more polishing? I'd assume that would be done for episode 1.
    The trailer might not have done well and they're hoping the pilot gets a good response anyway, so rather than tank interest they're going in blind and hoping the IP does the work for them.

To be honest, the audience the CW has cultivated doesn't strike me as hungry for Superman in particular, but I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-17-2021 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Infinite Crisis? Zero Hour? Don't tempt them, they might try DC One Million.
    I think they might have blown their load with COIE, even they know this. They'll probably stick to smaller scale crossovers between the shows like when Arrow and Flash crossed back in 2014 and 2015, I genuinely think those were some of the best crossovers of the CW verse. They'll probably stick to that until they're ready put an exclamation mark on the universe, which is when they'll likely go balls to the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The trailer might not have done well and they're hoping the pilot gets a good response anyway, so rather than tank interest they're going in blind and hoping the IP does the work for them.

To be honest, the audience the CW has cultivated doesn't strike me as hungry for Superman in particular, but I guess we'll see.
    I don't really see how any trailer they could have brought down much of any more criticism than the Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman trailers did. I don't think at this point they're worried about a negative response since they know how it works with these shows now, anyway.

As for Superman not interesting CW audiences, this is the same network where fans were willing to give Green Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and the team of c all the way to z listers the time of day, so I definitely think people will flock to a Superman show. Heck, I expect it to be their best show in ratings surpassing Flash. Smallville was a hit, and this in a way is a spiritual successor of that, so I have no doubt it'll do fine
    Last edited by GSman; 01-17-2021 at 01:19 AM.