Page 112 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2229
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

How quickly people forget that Hoechlin Supes has some sauce to him. Old image I'm being back.

It's worth mentioning that neither of the Metallos in the season 2 premiere of SG survived their battle with Kara, Clark, Alex and J'onn. Supergirl's Zod is dead too. Killed by the man himself, you know who.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    How quickly people forget that Hoechlin Supes has some sauce to him. Old image I'm being back.

It's worth mentioning that neither of the Metallos in the season 2 premiere of SG survived their battle with Kara, Clark, Alex and J'onn. Supergirl's Zod is dead too. Killed by the man himself, you know who.
    That quote shows how opposite their world views are, CW Super shows restraint he's not a pacifist while Snyder Superman acts like a leg breaker from the mob. Sure Superman can kill, it's how he kills that changes the context. That's an extreme event for CW, Cavill's is defined by killing his enemies on the big screen and threatening people with death. Humans, at that. CW Superman values life, you can have several criminals use heavy military ordinance shooting up populated areas and Cavill's pretends they don't exist to focus on Batman, and he'll never think about t hem again until they interfere with his life. This ins't about spunk, this is about Superman not acting like a psychopath with bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    looks promising Clark should reach out to Cisco over at Flash, pretty sure he can find a way to get drunk.
    He already has found a way to get Barry drunk, so the same thing should work for Clark.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'll just add that Cryer's simply the most complete Lex Luthor we've ever had in live action. Consider the following:

Hackman: American nightmare business mogul (kind of, he is kind of a prototype for it. This fits more than the other archetype, mad scientist, but he predates the American nightmare reinvention from Byrne). Camp.
    Shea: American nightmare business mogul. Semi camp.
    Spacey: American nightmare business mogul (kind of, he evokes it). Very faint moments of camp, otherwise brutally sinister.
    Eisenberg: lol

Rosenbaum is the only actual contender for a better Lex Luthor representation, but it's his formative years and I'll admit I haven't seen a ton of Smallville, but I'll bet with what I did remember he did a great job with some very hit-or-miss material.

I never watched the Superboy live action show, so no idea how he was portrayed there.

I think Cryer shows the most dimensions to Lex. Mad scientist? Check. Camp? Check. American nightmare business mogul? Check. Super genius? Check. Sinister? Check.

It comes down to Cryer or Rosenbaum. I can't speak to Rosenbaum, but what I've seen of Cryer was some great Lex Luthor.
    I'm not talking about the writing here. I'm talking about the actor. And while I do admit he is less ridiculous than I thought, I still don't find him quite intimidating and certainly not memorable. I would say that every single actor that has played Lex has been more intimidating than him (except for Eisenberg, but he never tried to be intimidating)

I disagree, I think Cryer is hands down the most badass and scary live action Luthor we've had so far. But in almost like a Rick Sanchez way in that he's supposed to be absurdly smart and resourceful that he doesn't have to look intimidating to be intimidating. I don't much like the Supergirl show, even by CW standards, but It'll suck if their Lex is not used in this show.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-23-2021 at 09:09 AM.

I think the Metallo's were shut down, from what I remember. Corben appeared at Lillian's trial later in the season and then blew himself up.

I don't think Zod's actually dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Metallo's were shut down, from what I remember. Corben appeared at Lillian's trial later in the season and then blew himself up.

I don't think Zod's actually dead.
    I think they did have Hoechlin kill Zod (why I don’t know) but with the Crisis they can always undo Zod’s death and bring him back. I wouldn’t mind Zod showing up (they never casted an actor for him Pre-Crisis right?) but only if it’s Zod and Kal teaming up against Brainiac. I do enjoy the mural enmity between Brainiac and Zod as portrayed by Johns.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

With COIE they can technically bring back whoever they want. I just thought of something: What if one of the sons had a crush on Supergirl? That means that technically they were ogglling their second cousin.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think they did have Hoechlin kill Zod (why I don’t know) but with the Crisis they can always undo Zod’s death and bring him back. I wouldn’t mind Zod showing up (they never casted an actor for him Pre-Crisis right?) but only if it’s Zod and Kal teaming up against Brainiac. I do enjoy the mural enmity between Brainiac and Zod as portrayed by Johns.
    They did. We showed brief flashes during the Clark vs. Kara fight of what Clark was seeing, and he saw Kara as Zod in the flesh.

But, Crisis, so...recast .
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    With COIE they can technically bring back whoever they want. I just thought of something: What if one of the sons had a crush on Supergirl? That means that technically they were ogglling their second cousin.
    Oh lord, that'd be weird .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That quote shows how opposite their world views are, CW Super shows restraint he's not a pacifist while Snyder Superman acts like a leg breaker from the mob. Sure Superman can kill, it's how he kills that changes the context. That's an extreme event for CW, Cavill's is defined by killing his enemies on the big screen and threatening people with death. Humans, at that. CW Superman values life, you can have several criminals use heavy military ordinance shooting up populated areas and Cavill's pretends they don't exist to focus on Batman, and he'll never think about t hem again until they interfere with his life. This ins't about spunk, this is about Superman not acting like a psychopath with bloodlust.
    And the quote is wrong.Just look at the lip movement.If you want to **** on something use the truth.
    He says"i will take you in without breaking you.which is more than you deserve"
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-23-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    And the quote is wrong.Just look at the lip movement.If you want to **** on something use the truth.
    He says"i will take you in without breaking you.which is more than you deserve"
    In the clip where Superman nearly burns Lex alive minutes after meeting him. What a hero!

In the clip where Superman nearly burns Lex alive minutes after meeting him. What a hero!
    Yeah!yeah! he burned him to a crisp and had him for dinner.Being the son of satan that he is.
    Hey!did you actually look at that pic?It says "Match the quote".Tyler hoechlin superman is the one who said "You make a move.we'll incinerate you"
    pardon me for being rude.I am bit sick of snyder discussions.sheesh!people see what they want to see.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I know right?

After Luthor hired KGBeast to murder those people in Africa, frame Superman for murder, blow up the Capitol building and murder dozens, throw Lois off a building, order KGBeast to kidnap Martha with intent of murder and provoke Batman into killing Superman. Clark still has it in his character to save Luthor from his own mad scientist machinations and attempt to officiate an arrest for his aforementioned crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!yeah! he burned him to a crisp and had him for dinner.Being the son of satan that he is.
    Hey!did you actually look at that pic?It says "Match the quote".Tyler hoechlin superman is the one who said "You make a move.we'll incinerate you"
    pardon me for being rude.I am bit sick of snyder discussions.sheesh!people see what they want to see.
    It's enough to make a person pick up drinking, am I right?

Last edited by Doctor Know; 01-23-2021 at 11:26 PM.

It's enough to make a person pick up drinking, am I right?

l am not gonna say that i am particulary well understood or have great awareness of things.I am not particularly fond of snyder superman.The movies are boring for me.And people can have opinions about the character.I like characters with larger than life personas,personality and ideals,whether they be good or bad.That's why i am looking forward to blackadam.But the thing is,there isn't a defence which i noticed.It ain't two equal guys going at it(which i love).I value a fair debate.Anti crowd is in majority here.And elsewhere it might be reverse like twitter or whatnot.Yet,this battle rages on.Why?who knows?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-23-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Discussion of the Snyder films doesn't tend to generate the most nuanced debate, unfortunately. I neither love them nor hate them, but it's undeniable that a great deal of craft and thought went into the choices made in those films, even if I may disagree with a lot of them.