Page 114 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2229
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Buh-bye

They seem to have finally figured out the marketing

Looks pretty good. I just realized Clark having a stubble is not something you see quite often, its quite distinguishable from the normal clean shaven look. I like it.

Good poster but Batman wants his facial hair back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Cool poster .

Jon looks a little too "all-american boy" for my taste but then Jordan is like a more moody, emotional, Jon from the comics. It's weird.

Can someone explain why they added a son to this show?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Your guess is as good as anyone else's. I do feel it's uncessary adding another one. This is still a CW show and they have a demographic to appeal to, so that might be it.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Your guess is as good as anyone else's. I do feel it's uncessary adding another one. This is still a CW show and they have a demographic to appeal to, so that might be it.

It looks like you got one kid Mr popular cool kid, and one emo and all about feelings, but only one has powers, is thst true? And does thst mean the other will become his brothers "lex"?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

It looks like you got one kid Mr popular cool kid, and one emo and all about feelings, but only one has powers, is thst true? And does thst mean the other will become his brothers "lex"?
    Based on the leaks for the pilot, yeah one will have powers. Though that doesn't necessarily mean the other will become bad. Heck, if I know these type of shows as well as I think I do, the other one will also develop powers eventually, might be a slow burn on that though.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

It's likely that due to the upscaling in plans regarding Jon across media they couldn't take as many risks with his image and characterization, so they basically transplanted an assortment of character aspects that the show runners originally thought of for him onto the new original character Jordan. Jordan is moody, described as having a "dark side", and requires medication for his social anxiety. Those aren't just one-off aspects to a character that can just be played off as "just another version" when the character's profile is being molded in the mass media.

So, the give him the Archie Andrews treatment, which is basically a fairly non threating teen heartthrob version of his character that can go on a coming of age journey.

Just read the casting call for the two of them. Jon: described as a "physical specimen," who is "Clean cut, modest and kind-hearted, with an aw-shucks attitude." He is also a three-sport athlete garnering attention from college and pro scouts.

Jordan: "a young Leonardo DiCaprio who has an inherent darkness to him." intelligent with a "mercurial temperament" and social anxieties who likes to spend his time playing video games over interacting with people.

Jon's supposed to be the "chip off the ol block" type in the sense that this is what one would expect the square jawed Superman's son to look and act like in a drama TV show. But the catch is that......

spoilers:
    Jon doesn't get his powers yet, but Jordan does, and for the first time Jon feels like the one left out. So it's likely him learning humility and the value of hard work in something he's not good at before he gets his powers too
    end of spoilers

At the end of the day they're grooming IPs/brand names, and they almost never forget that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Someone has to be a source of relationship drama, it’s still a CW show, and I’d rather not have Clark thinking about cheating on Lois lol.

Wasn’t it because the showrunner has two kids?

I figured it's just a common thing for the CW to do. They added Thea to Oliver, Sara to Laurel, Alex to Kara, and I think Mary to Kate. I don't think theres a particular reason besides mixing things up and rounding out the cast.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

To create drama. Brothers fighting with each other. I guess razors don't exist in the Arrow-verse. Ollie didn't shave either. Barry seems to be the only guy in the Arrow-verse with a razor. Maybe he found one on another Earth.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Looks pretty good. I just realized Clark having a stubble is not something you see quite often, its quite distinguishable from the normal clean shaven look. I like it.
    Raising kids is stressful, man.