Page 118 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2229

Nah Doom Patrol is the best DC tv show. And Daredevil season 2 is much better than season 1, although the last 2 episodes of S2 fell off. The only legitimately great episode of S1 was the one that introduced Claire and they had to rescue the kid from the wharehouse. There were some cool scenes along the way, but none of the characters worked for me, aside from Matt himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah Doom Patrol is the best DC tv show...
    Another one of my favorites.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Nah Doom Patrol is the best DC tv show. And Daredevil season 2 is much better than season 1, although the last 2 episodes of S2 fell off. The only legitimately great episode of S1 was the one that introduced Claire and they had to rescue the kid from the wharehouse. There were some cool scenes along the way, but none of the characters worked for me, aside from Matt himself.
    Goddamnit how could I forget Doom Patrol? Yeah that absolutely is the #1 superhero show imo. Perfectly captures the mind bending insanity of the Morrison run.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Goddamnit how could I forget Doom Patrol? Yeah that absolutely is the #1 superhero show imo. Perfectly captures the mind bending insanity of the Morrison run.
    Either they were that impressed by the new trailer or people really want to watch Superman. Or both .

Good for Black Lightning too, even in its final season...

The “best” of the superhero TV shows would be The Flash S1 and Daredevil S1 imo. That’s the bar. I also loved Smallville a lot but I’ll freely admit it was far too uneven to be called “great”.
    I love Daredevil, but c'mon... no real powers and no costume till the last episode? It's not the same genre. Talk about low budget. Flash and Smallville still count as CW.

Have not seen Doom Patrol, but again... these are shows that are not network televison and their seasons are embarassingly short. Its a whole different dynamic. And even then they still have the soap opera dynamic with SFX that arent' great. The same thing that people complain about being in the other shows... are in these as well.

Though I do agree DD season 2 was amazing. My favorite of the 4 season

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Doom Patrol is the best live action superhero show I've ever seen. Full stop.

I don't expect this to be at the level and it doesn't need to be. It just has to be a compelling show that positions the IP in an overall positive place in pop culture.

Nice! but people are looking forward to the Hannibal Lector show without Hannibal Lector?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Even my wife took one look at the poster and remarked that the actor playing Superman looked like a date rapist
    heh, I'm not sure if I see it, but to be fair Reeve is still my favorite and even I'll admit I'm not sure if I'd trust my sister alone with this guy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I figured it's just a common thing for the CW to do. They added Thea to Oliver, Sara to Laurel, Alex to Kara, and I think Mary to Kate. I don't think theres a particular reason besides mixing things up and rounding out the cast.
    Sara's a decomposite character. They split Laurel's mother in two. In the comics, Dinah Laurel Lance's mother Dinah Drake is the previous Black Canary. Alex has a comic counterpart too, but they're nothing alike, as the comic version of Kara's adoptive sibling was a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although at least Thea and Mary are based on actual established comic characters (Mia Dearden and Bette Kane respectively).
    Yeah - Dearden appears to be Moira Queen's middle name and Thea later uses the name Mia as an alias. Of course, they later introduced another Mia. Mary is indeed based on Flamebird and I won't be surprised if she eventually takes that identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why if they wanted to add a second kid they didn't go with a daughter instead. A second son around the same age no less (by the look of the actors) seems an especially odd decision.
    A daughter wouldn't actually be out of left field. Had Bendis not taken over the comics, I hear this was actually planned by Tomasi. Also, there's Cir-El, and Laurel Kent, and in pre-Crisis Earth-2, Power Girl was Lois and Clark's adopted daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It would also be problematic to cancel Supergirl and then introduce another... super girl especially to get rid of a legit comic character and create someone entirely new for the show... Not sure how that would play out.
    Yeah, I can see why they'd avoid it. Though if they ended the Supergirl series with a now 31 year old Kara rebranding as Superwoman, it would make the Supergirl name free for someone else.

I love Daredevil, but c'mon... no real powers and no costume till the last episode? It's not the same genre. Talk about low budget. Flash and Smallville still count as CW.
    Wasn't Smallville actually on The WB, one of the two channels that merged to form The CW?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-30-2021 at 04:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sara's a decomposite character. They split Laurel's mother in two. In the comics, Dinah Laurel Lance's mother Dinah Drake is the previous Black Canary. Alex has a comic counterpart too, but they're nothing alike, as the comic version of Kara's adoptive sibling was a baby!

Yeah - Dearden appears to be Moira Queen's middle name and Thea later uses the name Mia as an alias. Of course, they later introduced another Mia. Mary is indeed based on Flamebird and I won't be surprised if she eventually takes that identity.

A daughter wouldn't actually be out of left field. Had Bendis not taken over the comics, I hear this was actually planned by Tomasi. Also, there's Cir-El, and Laurel Kent, and in pre-Crisis Earth-2, Power Girl was Lois and Clark's adopted daughter.

Yeah, I can see why they'd avoid it. Though if they ended the Supergirl series with a now 31 year old Kara rebranding as Superwoman, it would make the Supergirl name free for someone else.

Wasn't Smallville actually on The WB, one of the two channels that merged to form The CW?
    The first five seasons were WB. The last five ended up on CW.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

But I think the real question is... what are you comparing it to?

Flash 1990? Birds of Prey? Nightman, Mantis, Incredible Hulk? Greatest American hero? Lois and Clark? Most of these never even hit a second season and all them have mediocre scripts and bad SFX. CW has a lot of flaws... but that's just the nature of Superheroes on Television regardless of the network airing it. Comic books have always had a serious soap-opera vibe to them. A comic book show without that would be pretty empty.

What even is 'par' for a Super hero show?? What's the standard?
    Yeah, can't argue with that

Hm. Conflicted on this. If they’ve actually got more story to tell, great! But I hope they avoid filler episodes.

starting to get really exited now, more i see, the more I like

Have not been this excited for a Superhero show since Flash Season 1. The 23d can't come soon enough.

Astonishing Member

I saw this and rather than excitement, I'm apprehensive like everyone else. I don't want random, filler episodes.