Page 125 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    review embargo for the pilot lifts tomorrow, here is a positive twitter review I saw: https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...73399024640000

I'll be so happy if we end up getting great reviews for this across the board!
    That's great to hear. If all goes well, we might have the best received Superman live action content we've had in a long while, depending on who you ask.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    review embargo for the pilot lifts tomorrow, here is a positive twitter review I saw: https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...73399024640000

I'll be so happy if we end up getting great reviews for this across the board!
    Isn't she one of those Youtubers who notoriously makes **** up?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yep, and she was talking about how bad the show looked up until now. However she has a large audience, freaking Zack Snyder sat down for an interview with her, and in this age of Twitch streamers, social media stars, and “influencers” I can buy that she’d get to see the pilot early before it’s debut to the public.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep, and she was talking about how bad the show looked up until now. However she has a large audience, freaking Zack Snyder sat down for an interview with her, and in this age of Twitch streamers, social media stars, and “influencers” I can buy that she’d get to see the pilot early before it’s debut to the public.
    She's pretty infamous in the Star Wars community for how much she made up about The Mandalorian.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

from what i know, snyder had discussions with people that didn't have much following too.So that doesn't make her stand out.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Bunch of bits of Superman & Lois news/commentary that came out of a Television Critics Association virtual panel tonight, haven't seen it myself but this is what assorted sites have reported on it:

* The pilot will be getting an encore broadcast on TNT 2/27.

* Hoechlin sees playing Superman as essentially *five* performances in one: the versions of Superman and Clark Kent the public knows, the versions of them he is when he's around those close to him but still sort of 'playing the parts', and "the one at the center that I really don’t have a name for. It’s just genuinely who he is, just as a person. It’s who he is. It doesn’t have a name, but it’s when he’s most comfortable, like with his family, and they know who he is. And he can be himself."

* The basic question when formulating the series was "How do we make Superman, in general, different?"

* The comments that the show 'looks like a movie' are the intended reaction - the cinematography and aspect ratio are meant to evoke a 'filmic' sense, as they're aware they're competing with streaming services and trying to offer something comparable.

* A lot of Lois's reporting will be about what capitalism has done to towns like Smallville.

* Alexander Garfin said of the writing for the kids "I was so happy to see intelligence written into the characters. We get into fights, and we can hate each other sometimes, but it’s built on a very deep and wide foundation of love."

* Once again, no, no love triangle with Lana. Per Chriqui: "Yes, they dated in high school, but besides that they’ve known each other since kindergarten. Lana certainly treats Clark as one of her closest friends, one of the people who knows her the best. There’s a lot of history there, but in this incarnation of the world, it’s not just based on their romance. It’s a very rich, long history.”

* (Also, she was never asked to dye her hair except by fans.)

* Chrissy, the reporter at the Smallville Gazette new to the series played by Sofia Hasmik, holds Lois up as her idol and is actively trying to make her proud.

* Wole Parks' the Stranger is a familiar character with a very different backstory, and is a "every villain is the hero of their own story" type of antagonist. Also, Parks isn't in the mech suit we see in the trailers, they tried fitting him in once but it didn't work out.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    * The pilot will be getting an encore broadcast on TNT 2/27.
    They're really trying to get the show out there .
    * Hoechlin sees playing Superman as essentially *five* performances in one: the versions of Superman and Clark Kent the public knows, the versions of them he is when he's around those close to him but still sort of 'playing the parts', and "the one at the center that I really don’t have a name for. It’s just genuinely who he is, just as a person. It’s who he is. It doesn’t have a name, but it’s when he’s most comfortable, like with his family, and they know who he is. And he can be himself."
    It's like Bruce and Clark are trying to outdo each other on the many masks they wear. At best other heroes just have two, if any.
    * The basic question when formulating the series was "How do we make Superman, in general, different?"
    Make him a dad, I guess?
    * The comments that the show 'looks like a movie' are the intended reaction - the cinematography and aspect ratio are meant to evoke a 'filmic' sense, as they're aware they're competing with streaming services and trying to offer something comparable.
    I hope that makes sure the quality and style remain consistent past the pilot.
    * A lot of Lois's reporting will be about what capitalism has done to towns like Smallville.
    In true Lois Lane fashion .
    * Alexander Garfin said of the writing for the kids "I was so happy to see intelligence written into the characters. We get into fights, and we can hate each other sometimes, but it’s built on a very deep and wide foundation of love."
    You want the kids to come off relatable and likeable.
    * Once again, no, no love triangle with Lana. Per Chriqui: "Yes, they dated in high school, but besides that they’ve known each other since kindergarten. Lana certainly treats Clark as one of her closest friends, one of the people who knows her the best. There’s a lot of history there, but in this incarnation of the world, it’s not just based on their romance. It’s a very rich, long history.”
    This will probably reassuring for those worried about more Clark/Lana drama.
    * (Also, she was never asked to dye her hair except by fans.)
    I wonder if any actors are actually asked to dye their hair for a role or they just do it of their own volition.
    * Chrissy, the reporter at the Smallville Gazette new to the series played by Sofia Hasmik, holds Lois up as her idol and is actively trying to make her proud.
    So Lois might get her own sidekick? Maybe even a Jimmy stand-in?
    * Wole Parks' the Stranger is a familiar character with a very different backstory, and is a "every villain is the hero of their own story" type of antagonist. Also, Parks isn't in the mech suit we see in the trailers, they tried fitting him in once but it didn't work out.
    Although I guess that confirms it's supposed to be him even though they couldn't fit the actor into the suit.

Thanks for the write up. Hoechlin’s info is perfect, that kind of stuff has been sorely missing with Superman given the DCEU didn’t care about Clark, and Smallville’s Clark didn’t become Superman until the end. The juggling of masks is a key part of the character and I’m glad to see it will be featured as part of Hoechlin’s take.

Guess that means The Stranger is the guy in the mech suit? spoilers:
    Still kind of disappointed that the first major villain is Lex yet again, even if it’s an alternate universe Lex, but again, we’ve never seen mech suit Lex and Superman actually go at it in live action so I’ll take it. I still would’ve preferred that been Metallo given Sam Lane’s apparent role in this series, I hope they’re not going to just have Superman working with the military without acknowledging how dicey that can get. You can’t really do that uncritically in a post The Boys world. Man of Steel of all things got this right by having Clark refuse to do their bidding.
    end of spoilers I hope this means Subjekt-11 will still get a big role to play, wonder if he’ll actually look like the Busiek version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're really trying to get the show out there .

It's like Bruce and Clark are trying to outdo each other on the many masks they wear. At best other heroes just have two, if any.
    That is one of the big reasons they’re able to connect with one another, or at least that’s what I’ve always thought. None of the others have the same identity issues (Diana’s issues are a whole other bag entirely imo).
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-08-2021 at 10:48 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Actually,no, she is not. She is hated on a lot for her actual connectedness. But of the YouTubers, she is the closest in practice to an actual journalist. She differentiates between objective fact, industry buzz, and what she has "heard" (unsubstantiated). Her track record speaks for itself.

The DCEU cared about Clark. He wasn't a performance, like Reeve's, but it showed him at home with his family and with Lois. We saw him in glasses get his job and throw gimself into it with a passion, standing up to Perry about the power of the press. For films with limited screen time compared to TV shows, it covered a lot and certainly more than any other cinematic Superman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Actually,no, she is not. She is hated on a lot for her actual connectedness. But of the YouTubers, she is the closest in practice to an actual journalist. She differentiates between objective fact, industry buzz, and what she has "heard" (unsubstantiated). Her track record speaks for itself.
    It must be my curated exposure but I usually see her videos shared here where she tries to pass some insider connection that ends up being wildly false. Honestly, I've learned to just not follow Youtubers for my news.

I have the soul of a boomer when it comes to my news preferences because I still prefer reading to watching or listening.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    The DCEU cared about Clark. He wasn't a performance, like Reeve's, but it showed him at home with his family and with Lois. We saw him in glasses get his job and throw gimself into it with a passion, standing up to Perry about the power of the press. For films with limited screen time compared to TV shows, it covered a lot and certainly more than any other cinematic Superman.
    It never mattered though. None of Clark’s journalism investigations mattered, Clark himself didn’t matter, only Superman and Superman’s power mattered. Lois was only important because of her connections to two men, Clark her husband whom she kept from going insane, and their kid that she will one day bare, with her planned death being a classic case of fridging. As a character in and of herself she didn’t matter either, her whole investigation was meaningless given Lex basically outed himself as responsible for everything by unleashing a LOTR troll onto the public.

This show looks like it’s going to be the first serious showcase of Clark and Lois as journalists since, damn, Smallville? Like Lois is going to actually get her own plots and stuff to do that isn’t just giving pep talks to Clark and being a mom (not that being a mom is somehow lesser, but I’ve been wanting some more serious journalistic investigation stuff for Lois for a while). It’s a massive step up for the two imo.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It never mattered though. None of Clark’s journalism investigations mattered, Clark himself didn’t matter, only Superman and Superman’s power mattered. Lois was only important because of her connections to two men, Clark her husband whom she kept from going insane, and their kid that she will one day bare, with her planned death being a classic case of fridging. As a character in and of herself she didn’t matter either, her whole investigation was meaningless given Lex basically outed himself as responsible for everything by unleashing a LOTR troll onto the public.

This show looks like it’s going to be the first serious showcase of Clark and Lois as journalists since, damn, Smallville? Like Lois is going to actually get her own plots and stuff to do that isn’t just giving pep talks to Clark and being a mom (not that being a mom is somehow lesser, but I’ve been wanting some more serious journalistic investigation stuff for Lois for a while). It’s a massive step up for the two imo.
    I actually thought BVS extended edition gave us a great Clark and Superman, given what started in Man of Steel. I would have liked to see a prope rconclusion in a final Superman film with a wedding storyline, but it is what it is.

Astonishing Member

I do think the extended BvS cut fleshes Clark a bit, too bad it's not what mainstream folks recall when talking about BvS. Snyder should have done that in the theater cut, a great main course of sorts while the extended cut should have been dessert (nice to have but not needed to enjoy a meal).

BANNED

I’m sorry to say this but I think a lot of people continue to mischaracterize the concerns about Lana on this show—-none of which are made better by the comments here.

The problem is that too many people only view infidelity and betrayal to one’s life partner as physical cheating. People act as if Clark is some hero because he doesn’t physically sleep with another woman but there is more than one way to be unfaithful.

A close, intimate relationship where you share something with a married man that you wouldn’t share with your own husband and that he can’t share with his wife is absolutely inappropriate, disrespectful and a form or being unfaithful. The fact that we even have to have this discussion about Lana regarding “no love triangle” on a show with MARRIED protagonists on a show with Lois’s name in the title is a problem, guys. It’s disrespectful and sexist. The very idea that this is even a question to bat around is sexist.

I’ve read the pilot script. There is still plenty of reason for women to be concerned about Lana’s role on this series if you understand that being unfaithful and disrespectful to your spouse is not limited to physical cheating.

Again, these are married 40 year olds with children. These are not 25 year olds hanging out at a bar. If you wouldn’t be ok with your wife and the mother of your children having a close, intimate relationship with another man—with wistful looks and feelings—/than you shouldn’t be ok with Clark doing it to Lois.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 02-09-2021 at 07:28 AM.