Page 129 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2229
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I think we’re going to get a new Fortress of Solitude.
    i hope clark builds it.That too completes it with years and years of effort.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

From what I understand, Jon (the older one) basically has had an easy life. He’s popular, athletic, “cool”. Jordan (the younger one) meanwhile has struggled with mental health issues his whole life and has been a social outcast. So Jordan getting powers before Jon is the first time he’s beaten his brother at anything. The guess is that Jon’s arc is going to be learning some humility and dealing with something he wants being denied to him at first (his powers), while Jordan gets the attention he wants but at the risk of it increasing his mental issues.

In the end though Jon is totally going to get powers too I’d bet.
    So, interestingly enough, I actually read Jon’s character described in a review as “a kinder version of teenage Kevin in This is Us” and that description actually piqued my interest not only because I’ve long suspected that This is Us was an inspiration for this show (with Lois and Clark the “super” version of Jack and Rebecca) but because of Justin Hartley’s obvious connection to the Superman franchise.

Especially when they described him as a “kinder” version. So he’s not prone to being cruel as Kevin can be. But he’s beautiful and “privileged” and athletic and how that juxtaposes with his family.

Also a bunch of fans pointed out that Jon actually resembles Kara with his blond hair and blue eyes and ever since that was pointed out I’ve been oddly cool with them choosing to tell the actor to not dye his hair.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 02-10-2021 at 06:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Some good news: the reviewer of the pilot for Hypeable - they largely liked it - mentioned in a post on their Tumblr that they've also seen the second episode and they not only found it significantly better, but it focuses on Lois much more heavily.
    It’s definitely good to hear but I want to see her not just going on investigations but also actively get emotional POV with her husband and her own father before I stop being nervous.

I have a lingering fear that, sure, Lois is going to get a lot of “plot” and while that’s all well and good, plot is not character development. In order to be treated equally we don’t just need to see her chase stories. We need to see how she FEELS. And that second piece is the one that makes me most nervous under this showrunner given some of the comments he’s made, the way the pilot is structured and his track record with Iris west (which was poor) on The Flash. We know from Candice Patton’s own mouth that she often felt Todd didn’t hear her or listen when there were concerns and I believe Candice. Flash often gave the illusion of Iris being “badass” but we rarely really heard how she felt.

End of day, Friday Night Lights is a great inspiration but their biggest takeaway from that show should have been that Eric and Tammy were the rock the show was built on and both of them had equal POV. If we can’t connect with Lois emotionally, it won’t matter how many stories she breaks.

I’m sorry to be negative—I truly am not trying to squash your excitement. But those are my concerns and I do think they are valid.

Jon actually seem to me like a younger version of Jonathan from Smallville and Man of Steel. That's the type of Jonathan who was probably a football star in high school and was blonde, atractive and full of bravado.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm not going to spoil it, but that image has nothing to do with the fortress. It's just Clark doing a cool thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Jordan spoilers:
    doesn't even like Superman before Clark reveals the identity to him. He already had a strained relationship with his dad, I don't think he'll be bummed out if the Legion show up and proclaim Jonathan as a future Superman, unless they do a complete 180 on his character.
    end of spoilers
    I hear you on that, but I think that might change for Jordan especially now that his dad is paying more attention to him, and they have more in common. The possible Legion reveal may just reinforce his original feelings.

There's most certainly going to be a "my brother's keeper" aspect to their relationship. Jon shows that at nearly every turn in the pilot script, and I foresee that continuing down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    So, interestingly enough, I actually read Jon’s character described in a review as “a kinder version of teenage Kevin in This is Us” and that description actually piqued my interest not only because I’ve long suspected that This is Us was an inspiration for this show (with Lois and Clark the “super” version of Jack and Rebecca) but because of Justin Hartley’s obvious connection to the Superman franchise.

Especially when they described him as a “kinder” version. So he’s not prone to being cruel as Kevin can be. But he’s beautiful and “privileged” and athletic and how that juxtaposes with his family.

Also a bunch of fans pointed out that Jon actually resembles Kara with his blond hair and blue eyes and ever since that was pointed out I’ve been oddly cool with them choosing to tell the actor to not dye his hair..
    Hmm both are really interesting comparisons. The Kara one in particular is interesting because that would imply that the Jon takes after the El side of the family, and Jordan and Clark take after Lara and the Lor-Van side of the family (even though the actor cast as Jor-El has darker hair too). Though, I saw Jon's hair as a light brown and assumed the intent was to say he took after Lois' side of the family in that regard.

But my guess as to why they didn't have the actor dye his hair is because Jon's supposed to be the "chip off the ol block" type, and having him be that plus be the physically bigger son would too on the nose if he's still eventually the one to take on the role of Superman eventually. The name of the game seems to, in part, be subversion. Which is why what happens in the pilot happens.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Doesn't Clark (by extension, Jordan) take after Jor and not Lara in appearance, or is it different in this verse?

Doesn't Clark (by extension, Jordan) take after Jor and not Lara in appearance, or is it different in this verse?
    Going off of Jor El's actor who himself has dark hair, yeah Clark and Jordan take after Jor.

There aren't really hard and fast rules to it. But generally speaking, yeah, Clark usually takes after his father more. But since the guess was that Jon took after Kara, the only way for that to happen would be via Jor-El. But, I assume that the idea behind not pressing the actor to dye his hair was more so for the sake visual distinction between him and Clark, since Jon, in both character and physical build, resembles more of what you'd expect Superman's son to be (the casting call for the character saying that he has an "aw shucks" attitude that doesn't seem dated). So, if he's to be the next Superman like in the comics he'd be visually distinct from his darker haired father.

In story, I'm just gonna assume he takes after his mom. Come to think of it, that may even be why spoilers:
    he's a "late bloomer" with his powers
    end of spoilers and the hair is a representation of that. Even personality wise, outside of the "aw shucks" nature, physical build, and natural inclination to protect, he's got his mom's inherent confidence and effortless swagger. Jordan, in terms of being a natural outsider, is probably closer to a more extreme version of his dad when he was younger, and that's maybe the why of the hair? Granted, we don't know this Clark's childhood very well.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I would really love it if Jon did take after his mom more. I've been clamouring for the comics to at least mention it but alas.... We, as readers are connecting the dots sure but I wish they'd actually point it out at least and not leave it to the reader's imagination.

I do think Clark will at least (finally?) connect with Jordan because despite becoming Superman, he had a fairly awkward/isolated childhood (ugh, i'm not sure those are the right words, I can't think of something more apt atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    There aren't really hard and fast rules to it. But generally speaking, yeah, Clark usually takes after his father more. But since the guess was that Jon took after Kara, the only way for that to happen would be via Jor-El. But, I assume that the idea behind not pressing the actor to dye his hair was more so for the sake visual distinction between him and Clark, since Jon, in both character and physical build, resembles more of what you'd expect Superman's son to be (the casting call for the character saying that he has an "aw shucks" attitude that doesn't seem dated). So, if he's to be the next Superman like in the comics he'd be visually distinct from his darker haired father.

In story, I'm just gonna assume he takes after his mom. Come to think of it, that may even be why spoilers:
    he's a "late bloomer" with his powers
    end of spoilers and the hair is a representation of that. Even personality wise, outside of the "aw shucks" nature, physical build, and natural inclination to protect, he's got his mom's inherent confidence and effortless swagger. Jordan, in terms of being a natural outsider, is probably closer to a more extreme version of his dad when he was younger, and that's maybe the why of the hair? Granted, we don't know this Clark's childhood very well.
    Got to say Superlad, I love how you're already onto the whole Jon Superman thing. Though I'm not sure it'll be as inherently simple as it is in the comics, because unlike there, Jon actually has a brother who is as much his father's legacy as he is, so I don't think it will be as straightforward as only Jon being Superman like in the comics. If they both end up getting powers they could definitely split the duties of Superman and such. Though I expect we won't really know one way or another until we reach the near end of the show's run.

I would really love it if Jon did take after his mom more. I've been clamouring for the comics to at least mention it but alas.... We, as readers are connecting the dots sure but I wish they'd actually point it out at least and not leave it to the reader's imagination.

I do think Clark will at least (finally?) connect with Jordan because despite becoming Superman, he had a fairly awkward/isolated childhood (ugh, i'm not sure those are the right words, I can't think of something more apt atm).
    I do think they'll be more overt in the show than in the comics. I think Jon and his mom may even do some bonding due to "the situation" (I recall them sharing knowing look when going back to Smallville is brought up by Clark), and she may help him through the whole thing early on before it's changed. The whole learning to still be great without, so that you appreciate things even more when you do have something.

spoilers:
    that's one of the cool aspects with the show not being *just* about Jon. You get to build his character and progress in this "humble beginnings" sort of way while still having two other characters doing the conventionally super things for a while. Then when he does get his powers it's all the more gratifying for his character.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Got to say Superlad, I love how you're already onto the whole Jon Superman thing. Though I'm not sure it'll be as inherently simple as it is in the comics, because unlike there, Jon actually has a brother who is as much his father's legacy as he is, so I don't think it will be as straightforward as only Jon being Superman like in the comics. If they both end up getting powers they could definitely split the duties of Superman and such. Though I expect we won't really know one way or another until we reach the near end of the show's run.
    I don't know if you've read the pilot script or not, but there's a few bits in there along with Jordan's casting call (he's described as having an "inherent darkness") that seems to indicate that he may not ultimately be interested in being Superman. I'm foreseeing a situation where both are qualified in their own respects, but Jordan wants to do his own thing. Plus, I have to imagine that the comics wouldn't be pushing the Jon Kent IP to take on the "throne" solo after his dad if there was any push elsewhere for another IP to also share it. Plus, Jordan's an original character to the show, and I've long suspected that the reason he was created was to explore ideas regarding the son of Superman that WB/DC wouldn't be fully cool with letting fly with Jon. It's a similar situation to Alex from Supergirl I imagine. And because of that I think the idea of "what if Superman's son didn't grow up to be Superman" is likely because the "chip off the ol block" idea is something they seem to want to keep when it comes to Superman's direct heir.

But that's obviously not to say that Jordan won't and can't be a hero in his own right.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-10-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Lara sometimes is the source of the s-curl (which I prefer):

But otherwise yeah, Kal looks like Jor. I did just remember Lara is a blonde currently in canon, so if Lois’ mom was a blonde too that explain why Jon is a blonde:
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Lex has already infiltrated the Fortress, so it might be time to move.
    But otherwise yeah, Kal looks like Jor. I did just remember Lara is a blonde currently in canon, so if Lois’ mom was a blonde too that explain why Jon is a blonde
    I don't think we've seen Lara in the Arrowverse canon outside the statue in the Fortress. Ditto Lois' mom.

Neither of Kara's parents are blonde so it might just be a House of El gene that skips most kids.

I do wonder if Kara will show up at all. I mean, I know she's kind of a touchy subject in regards to Hoechlin's Superman, but it would be nice to see her meet Clark and Lois's kids. Although I don't think they're doing any crossovers at all thanks to COVID, but it might be harder to get Melissa Benoist back when she's officially done.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lex has already infiltrated the Fortress, so it might be time to move.

I don't think we've seen Lara in the Arrowverse canon outside the statue in the Fortress. Ditto Lois' mom.

Neither of Kara's parents are blonde so it might just be a House of El gene that skips most kids.

I do wonder if Kara will show up at all. I mean, I know she's kind of a touchy subject in regards to Hoechlin's Superman, but it would be nice to see her meet Clark and Lois's kids. Although I don't think they're doing any crossovers at all thanks to COVID, but it might be harder to get Melissa Benoist back when she's officially done.
    I’d love to see Kara show up, especially to see her and Kal fighting alongside each other on this show’s higher budget. But I’d save that for S2 or 3, first Lois, Clark, and the supporting cast need to be established.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'd like to see Jordan Kent join the comics. Superman's son being more challenging and distanced from him is such a great premise.