Page 131 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Thinking back on it, KC Superman was of absolute no importance. To the point where I wonder why he was even in Crisis. I mean hats off to Routh for giving a decent performance, but they gave him a whole lot of nothing.
    The same could be said of a lot of characters in Crisis.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's "both their moms are named Martha" levels of "are you seriously going to make this a big thing."

"They both have green hoods!"

"Guggenheim, you mad son of a bitch, you've done it again!"

I have no idea if he's actually responsible so don't take that as read.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    As I said previously, the parent angle is not a concept I can get behind to begin with and I've often enjoyed the CW shows when they focus on one main character but when they split into several, that's when the CW shows fall apart for me. I loved the arrow and the flash in the first two seasons but after that I just had to stop.
    OK, well I guess this show is not for you then. I can enjoy a show that focuses on several characters like Stargate SG1, which had at least 4 main actors, but it's about the kind of stories. All those characters had interesting ones, imo. It remains to be seen on this show. I love Superman, so I'll give it the time and chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From what I understand, Jon (the older one) basically has had an easy life. He’s popular, athletic, “cool”. Jordan (the younger one) meanwhile has struggled with mental health issues his whole life and has been a social outcast. So Jordan getting powers before Jon is the first time he’s beaten his brother at anything. The guess is that Jon’s arc is going to be learning some humility and dealing with something he wants being denied to him at first (his powers), while Jordan gets the attention he wants but at the risk of it increasing his mental issues.

In the end though Jon is totally going to get powers too I’d bet.

This reminds me of Jason from Superman Returns, he showed some super powers when under extreme stress, and he also had health problems. Maybe it's a psychological thing too.

I just really hope they focus more on great family drama than teen angst like love triangles ugh, I really don't enjoy that crap.

BTW, I'm happy to hear that Jor-El has been cast. I really want to see more Fortress, I love that place. Just hope Jor isn't a villain... The actor Angus Macfadyen even looks like Tyler's father. I hope he has a beard like Russell Crowe from Man of Steel hehe.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-11-2021 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The same could be said of a lot of characters in Crisis.
    Very true. I mean, what did Tyler really do? He wasn't even a paragon. At least Routh looked amazing in the suit. So much, many want him in his own Superman show.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They've recast almost all of the secondary characters that we already saw on Supergirl. Remember, there was a Jor-El and Lara in the first season opening of that too. This may be because they couldn't get the original actors back. But Superman had statues of the actors in his Fortress in that reality. It makes me wonder if they aren't trying to sort of distance themselves from the larger Arrowverse and play this like it's it's own stand alone universe. By downplaying the previous universe. Melissa Benoist has said she doesn't want to come back after the show is cancelled so she might be closing the door on any crossover or cameo. And we know the Superman/Batwoman crossover has already been cancelled. Every review I've read so far has said that the show looks like it's own thing that looks like it has no connection to the larger Arrowverse. And the pilot makes no reference to any other character. The Arrowverse Justice League is already off the table with Black Lightning now cancelled. I do wonder if going forward if they aren't going to downplay the shared universe element. We'll see if they can get Jenna Dewan to come back as Lucy.
    Personally, I don't want to see Supergirl in this show at all. I just don't care for the character and what the CW has done with it. So far, they haven't made me care for her. I get the sense that she is mostly used to show girls are better. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Supergirl fandom is already freaking out because they’ve started using the “hope” buzzword for Clark in advertising. I’m kind of amused at how upset some of them are.

I don’t know how stand-alone they’re planning for this to be, they were going to do a crossover so it’s clearly not something they’re adverse to doing, but honestly does anyone really want a crossover? I wouldn’t mind seeing Clark and Barry team up, and I guarantee they’re going to have Clark track down Bruce Wayne at some point, but otherwise I wouldn’t mind at all if this was totally self contained. God knows there’s plenty of areas of the Super-Mythos that haven’t been properly explored, the Legion of Superheroes alone is all the super team you need.
    Yeah.. amusing to say the least.. I saw a tweet yesterday saying, "Superman will never be Supergirl." WT..?!

Like Superman is trying to copy Supergirl, LOL, the ignorance. This is the kind of bad stuff the CW has done to Superman. I've also seen Supergirl fans tweeting that Supergirl is canonically stronger than Supes, and it gets many likes. Oh well, it's going to be 'fun' seeing their reactions to S&L...
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-11-2021 at 10:58 AM.

I only just realized now that the last Superman show ended with Clark moving on from Smallville and marrying Lois, while it's successor series is now about a married Lois and Clark...moving back to Smallville with their kids.

Funnily enough, I think it was implied in Crisis that Smallville Clark had two girls like the Kents have two boys here.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Very true. I mean, what did Tyler really do? He wasn't even a paragon. At least Routh looked amazing in the suit. So much, many want him in his own Superman show.

Personally, I don't want to see Supergirl in this show at all. I just don't care for the character and what the CW has done with it. So far, they haven't made me care for her. I get the sense that she is mostly used to show Superman girls are better. Meh.

Yeah.. amusing to say the least.. I saw a tweet yesterday saying, "Superman will never be Supergirl." WT..?!

Like Superman is trying to copy Supergirl, LOL, the ignorance. This is the kind of bad stuff the CW has done to Superman. I've also seen Supergirl fans tweeting that Supergirl is canonically stronger than Supes, and it gets many likes. Oh well, it's going to be 'fun' seeing their reactions to S&L...
    Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm remembering it two ways.

In one way, I thought it was revealed in the story where Kara was reintroduced to the comics (before the New52) that her body absorbs yellow sunlight faster than Clark, thus making her more powerful that he is. I think they also stated that she could fly faster than him.

BUT

I also seem to remember, in that same arc, that it was revealed that the reason Kara SEEMED more powerful than Clark was because Clark was always holding back, even as Superman. And that if he ever cut loose, he could beat her easily. In fact, he DOES beat her after Darkseid took control of her mind.

All that being said, I wish EVERYONE would give this argument a rest. Of course Kara would be shown to be more powerful than Clark on Supergirl. The show was ABOUT her; Clark only had an occasional guest spot. And I'm sure, if Kara ever guests on Superman and Lois, that Superman will be made to look more powerful, probably at the expense of Kara, because that's how these shows work.

I hope the show has a good intro theme. Superman is well known for its great music.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

In one way, I thought it was revealed in the story where Kara was reintroduced to the comics (before the New52) that her body absorbs yellow sunlight faster than Clark, thus making her more powerful that he is. I think they also stated that she could fly faster than him.

BUT

I also seem to remember, in that same arc, that it was revealed that the reason Kara SEEMED more powerful than Clark was because Clark was always holding back, even as Superman. And that if he ever cut loose, he could beat her easily. In fact, he DOES beat her after Darkseid took control of her mind.

All that being said, I wish EVERYONE would give this argument a rest. Of course Kara would be shown to be more powerful than Clark on Supergirl. The show was ABOUT her; Clark only had an occasional guest spot. And I'm sure, if Kara ever guests on Superman and Lois, that Superman will be made to look more powerful, probably at the expense of Kara, because that's how these shows work.
    I never read that comic, but it sounds accurate from what I've heard. But it seems like just lip service to Kara because most Superman fans don't buy it or support it. The vast majority still think of Superman as the most powerful superhero in DC and even in comics in general. He is iconic, Kara isn't. And it makes sense, he is the original and the first.

I don't like that kind of writing, especially to iconic characters like Superman. There are other more creative ways to show this is her show. But to each their own.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

BUT

One of the ways to avoid this would be to not mention her at all (beyond her interactions with the Kents as family, no talks about feats, or powers, none of that polarising nonsense) because I don't see this show overtly stating Supergirl's superiority over Superman if ever, like her show was prone to do every time he was on and spoilers:
    I see how some fans are hating how Kara is not even mentioned in the pilot. On that I say stuff it, let this show focus on the Kents, everything else can come in S2.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Completely agree, Supergirl turned Superman into "Superjobberman" andit was uncalled for and polarizing.

I'm actually hoping the casting of Jor-El leads into the Mr. Oz storyline. This show has a real opportunity to adapt some of the more recent storylines. Like how Superboy-Prime totally beat that Batman wannabe's behind!

Astonishing Member

What's the point of being more powerful than the person believed and shown to be the most powerful in the DCU then having nothing to show for it to support that claim? I'm not disbelieving the claim (though I don't buy it), I'm saying show me that Kara is as they say. Lip service is not enough. when all I see is Clark doing all the heavy lifting (that's probably because Kara generally has had bad writing but that's besides the point).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm actually hoping the casting of Jor-El leads into the Mr. Oz storyline. This show has a real opportunity to adapt some of the more recent storylines. Like how Superboy-Prime totally beat that Batman wannabe's behind!
    I am apprehensive about Mr Oz leading to people thinking Jor-El is a villain even after he saved his only son from certain death after failing to save his whole planet as a scientist whose evidence of pending planetary doom was rejected. I don't need Jor-El as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only just realized now that the last Superman show ended with Clark moving on from Smallville and marrying Lois, while it's successor series is now about a married Lois and Clark...moving back to Smallville with their kids.

Funnily enough, I think it was implied in Crisis that Smallville Clark had two girls like the Kents have two boys here.
    There's definitely a part of the show that is inspired by Smallville the TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There's definitely a part of the show that is inspired by Smallville the TV show
    Well definitely, it's reusing the farm and likely the same sets from Smallville as well. It's a spiritual successor.

Also in regards to Supergirl, I might be in the minority when I say they hold on having her appear for a while, if she ever does at all, until this show is established.