Page 132 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2229
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well definitely, it's reusing the farm and likely the same sets from Smallville as well. It's a spiritual successor.
    I'm not sure about them re-using old Smallville sets, they already changed the farm and have built up a new set for the town of Smallvlile but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm not sure about them re-using old Smallville sets, they already changed the farm and have built up a new set for the town of Smallvlile but we'll see.
    Interesting, I was under the impression it was the same farm from Smallville because they reused it in Elseworlds a few years back. Though, I imagine the town they're shooting in is the same one Smallville was filmed in, in Vancouver and all. So location will be sort of the same but with different sets, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Interesting, I was under the impression it was the same farm from Smallville because they reused it in Elseworlds a few years back. Though, I imagine the town they're shooting in is the same one Smallville was filmed in, in Vancouver and all. So location will be sort of the same but with different sets, cool.
    The old Smallville farm was outside Vancover where they were filming the Arrowverse shows and Crisis. My understanding is they are filming this show somewhere else. There's mention in one or two of the reviews that it's different "look" is in part because of the different shooting location.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only just realized now that the last Superman show ended with Clark moving on from Smallville and marrying Lois, while it's successor series is now about a married Lois and Clark...moving back to Smallville with their kids.

Funnily enough, I think it was implied in Crisis that Smallville Clark had two girls like the Kents have two boys here.
    Well definitely, it's reusing the farm and likely the same sets from Smallville as well. It's a spiritual successor.
    reminds me of how the Ang Lee Hulk movie ended with Banner hiding in South America and the MCU incredible Hulk reboot begins with their version of Banner also hiding in South America. Like yeah we don't want the baggage of being in the same universe as the other thing, but lets more or less pick things up where we last left off and go from there.

Also in regards to Supergirl, I might be in the minority when I say they hold on having her appear for a while, if she ever does at all, until this show is established.
    I wholeheartedly agree with that. In Supergirl, they did need to at least mention or talk to Clark on occasion, as he was integral to her story. For Superman and Lois, Kara isn't needed. So spend a season or two focusing just on Clark, Lois and the kids, then maybe in season 2 or 3 bring back Kara for a guest spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only just realized now that the last Superman show ended with Clark moving on from Smallville and marrying Lois, while it's successor series is now about a married Lois and Clark...moving back to Smallville with their kids.

Funnily enough, I think it was implied in Crisis that Smallville Clark had two girls like the Kents have two boys here.
    Yep both Hoechlin and Welling had twins (a nod to Busiek’s Secret Identity no doubt) with Welling having twin girls just like the Clark of Secret Identity and Hoechlin having twin boys.

Dispenser has an interesting theory that makes sense to me. Basically this show is trying to be the successor to all the pop culture conceptions of Superman while also moving him forward. He’s married to and co-lead with Lois like Lois & Clark. He’s living in Smallville like in Smallville. The darker aesthetics are an obvious nod to Man of Steel. The design of his costume is a merge of Cavill and Routh’s suits. It’s drawing on everything while still moving him forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep both Hoechlin and Welling had twins (a nod to Busiek’s Secret Identity no doubt) with Welling having twin girls just like the Clark of Secret Identity and Hoechlin having twin boys.

Dispenser has an interesting theory that makes sense to me. Basically this show is trying to be the successor to all the pop culture conceptions of Superman while also moving him forward. He’s married to and co-lead with Lois like Lois & Clark. He’s living in Smallville like in Smallville. The darker aesthetics are an obvious nod to Man of Steel. The design of his costume is a merge of Cavill and Routh’s suits. It’s drawing on everything while still moving him forward.
    A show that draws from all previous iterations is good in my book,

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heck, if you really want to go into the weeds with it, Returns was what introduced the idea of the Son of Superman in a big way, and it too had the kid unaware of his true heritage and with health problems, though physical rather than mental health. His first appearance back in 2016 pulled the wink from George Reeves, and Pa being out of the picture is from Donner (plus they had Tulloch audition with a scene from Superman II).
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

This is not as surprising to me as perhaps it is to others. I’ve thought for awhile now that the people so casually dismissing this show were severely underestimating the draw of a Superman and Lois show on TV again. The generation that grew up with Lois and Clark are the older millennials now and the millennials behind that grew up with Smallville. My experience is that the inner circle of comics fandom consistently downplays just how popular both of those shows were with the general public. There was no way this show was going to flop out of the gate. Whether they can maintain quality remains to be seen but I’m rooting for them.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 02-11-2021 at 04:27 PM.

BANNED

I can’t get the photo to post but maybe someone can help? I love the posters they released in the last 2 days for Superman and Lois. Superman as the “symbol of hope” and Lois as the crusader of “truth.” Very well done.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cwsuperma...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

not sure why so many go through the trouble of buying or pirating these shows. Just watch them legally for free on the CW App.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Seems to be well received critically so far from what I’ve seen too. God this really might be the most well received Superman media project that doesn’t have him evil in it since Smallville S10. It’s such a relief to actually look forward to Superman showing up outside Comics without dreading how badly they’re going to butcher him this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm actually hoping the casting of Jor-El leads into the Mr. Oz storyline. This show has a real opportunity to adapt some of the more recent storylines. Like how Superboy-Prime totally beat that Batman wannabe's behind!
    They adapted Bendis’ Leviathan story (although very loosely), we could see Jor-El pop up sometime down the line. I expect this show will mainly be drawing on the Johns/Busiek & Rebirth era based on what we’ve seen so far though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Grant Morrison created dc's Leviathan, and Supergirl's version was nothing like any version from the comics. And really the worst possible choice this show could make is to take any influence from Bendis, imo. Let him have the Naomi show.

Mr. Oz wasn't written by Bendis. It was in the Rebirth era, pretty sure the plotline was actually introduced in DC Universe: Rebirth #1.