Page 135 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2229

I think people hold his later use in Supergirl against him a lot, which is why I think it's good that he finally has his own show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people hold his later use in Supergirl against him a lot, which is why I think it's good that he finally has his own show.
    Yes. I really hope he acts like the awe-inspiring Superman I like. Earth's protector. I don't expect him to be perfect. Nobody is really. He can be relatable and inspiring at the same time. Some flaw here and there is fine. Being the perfect father is never easy, especially when the kids turn into teens. They don't idolize you anymore.. Trying to balance work, superheroics and a family should be a challenge for Superman. No, he can't do everything all the time, but he tries. He also deserves a private family life.

Some people definitely wrote him off completely because he's not Henry Cavill. I just want what's best for the character.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sure, but he didn't write that role. He just played it as directed. I don't know that the CW can portray Superman well but I think Tyler has it in him with the right material and direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Sure, but he didn't write that role. He just played it as directed. I don't know that the CW can portray Superman well but I think Tyler has it in him with the right material and direction.
    He wouldn't be the first actor to take the brunt of complaints for how his character is written, despite that not being in his power at all, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Interesting idea, didn't think of that. Though it's already been mentioned that this Superman has taken on Doomsday, if he died in the encounter we don't know. I was thinking that iconic moment of Lois weeping over Clark after the fight might be in the opening montage showing Clark and Lois's history.(Funny enough they did a homage to that in Crisis with an Alt Superman). If it is in the montage, that might lower the chances of a DOS adaptation, though some other usage of Doomsday could definitely come into play.
    if they go that route, then there needs to be a scene where he has to explain old pictures of himself with a mullet to his sons.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    People here need to be more appreciative.I am never going to get my kinda superman.All i can get is filtered aspects of the character in various versions.heck! i have to get my kinda superman in black adam.if at all.Rock would have been a perfect superman.who would have thought?

Real or not
    Okay, I watched the video, and while I appreciate it, I don't understand how that's Superman. It does illustrate perfectly Black Adam from an heroic perspective, since he used to be a slave but was blessed with powers and decided to free his people from slavery. But Clark didn't grow up in ancient Egypt. Most of the problems around him couldn't be fixed with a punch. Regardless of that tho, where does Lois Lane fit? What is the purpose of the Clark Kent identity? Is Clark Kent just a burden? Why is he a journalist? Couldn't he just be Superman and still tell everyone what he does and why he does it?

These are things that my own personal take on Superman totally justify, I don't understand how your take on him justifies these things. I know you think Clark shouldn't have a secret identity anymore, and you've said that it has to do with the immigranr metaphor, but do you think him being Clark Kent was ever a good thing? And why does he choose to be with Lois Lane instead of Wonder Woman?

I also really like the look of their kids. I haven't seen them act, but there is something otherworldly about them. Even more than their father, IMO..

They look a lot like Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I can’t get the photo to post but maybe someone can help? I love the posters they released in the last 2 days for Superman and Lois. Superman as the “symbol of hope” and Lois as the crusader of “truth.” Very well done.
    These are pretty nice posters.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    love it or hate it, Death of Superman is more or less the character's biggest story. I'd be surprised if this show goes 4-8 seasons without adapting the big one some way or another. Its like Flashpoint for the Flash. Most notable iterations of Clark Kent will get snuffed by Doomsday at some point just as most future iterations of Barry Allen will screw up the timeline for his momma no matter how many times its been done already. Hopefully when it's Hoechlin's turn to temporarilly kick the bucket, it'll be after we've had time to be invested in him as a character and his importance to the wider universe. Which was part of the problem with BvS, they did it too soon. Likewise given the franchise's previous use of evil duplicates or evil multiverse dopplegangers I wouldn't be surprised if this show eventually has an evil Superman arc.
    I hope not, you just talked about two of the biggest problems with Superman in the past decades.
    If I had any power in WB, 4 kinds of story would be off the table to the character:

1) Evil Superman
    2) Death of Superman
    3) Origin
    4) Alternate, Elseworld takes

The last one could happen after the traditional take was well stablished.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I hope not, you just talked about two of the biggest problems with Superman in the past decades.
    If I had any power in WB, 4 kinds of story would be off the table to the character:

1) Evil Superman
    2) Death of Superman
    3) Origin

You forgot "does the world need a Superman?"

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You forgot "does the world need a Superman?"
    You're right, apparently every writer believes they have to answer it on their runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

1) Evil Superman
    2) Death of Superman
    3) Origin

If you are so against those stories, What other stories do you propose for this show?

The story I'm really against is turning Superman evil because Lois died and he can't handle it like a mature man.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If you are so against those stories, What other stories do you propose for this show?

The story I'm really against is turning Superman evil because Lois died and he can't handle it like a mature man.
    Stories about Superman, as a heroic character having adventures, punching bad guys and saving the world. But good.

Superman as a capable and experienced superhero that knows what he is doing and don't question every move he takes. Stories where Superman is a man with enough conviction and psychologically health that won't become a psychotic tyrant if Lois dies.

I've said it before, but sometimes it feels like most Superman writers should be writing essays about the character and not the comics. What Superman needs, imo, is a creative team that wants to tell stories about his adventures instead of answering metaphorical questions about the character.

What does Superman stands for? Does the world needs Superman? Is Superman still relevant? What should Superman do?
    I don't care, just tell me about that time he stoped Mongul from conquering the galaxy or the story where he fights a reality warping lovecrathian creature in a timeless dimension.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 02-13-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

The strange thing is that some of the most obvious ones are out of the way because of the tone this show is aiming at. Friday Nogt Lights crossed with Man of Steel, hard to fit Bizarro World in there or aspects of All Star Superman. But the new 52 version of Kryptonite Man could work very well. Domestic abuser who Superman stops and humiliates, gets radiation powers and strength to get revenge on Superman.

Plus Braniac is obviously gonna be a part of this. Hopefully they can do something more original with him. The standard stories with Braniac are kind of cliche at this point when you compare him to other villains in tv shows and superhero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The strange thing is that some of the most obvious ones are out of the way because of the tone this show is aiming at. Friday Nogt Lights crossed with Man of Steel, hard to fit Bizarro World in there or aspects of All Star Superman. But the new 52 version of Kryptonite Man could work very well. Domestic abuser who Superman stops and humiliates, gets radiation powers and strength to get revenge on Superman.

Plus Braniac is obviously gonna be a part of this. Hopefully they can do something more original with him. The standard stories with Braniac are kind of cliche at this point when you compare him to other villains in tv shows and superhero movies.
    I wonder how they'd do Brainaic compared to Krypton.