Page 136 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how they'd do Brainaic compared to Krypton.
    They should use the same Brainiac from Krypton, actually, they should steal as many things from the their production as they can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    These are pretty nice posters.

They are gorgeous. These are the kinds of posters that if you are the actor you want this framed for eternity on your wall. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    They should use the same Brainiac from Krypton, actually, they should steal as many things from the their production as they can.
    Colin Salmon as Zod, anyone ?

Colin Salmon as Zod, anyone ?
    He was already on Arrow, so probably not.

But I would be down to Ann Ogbomo showing up as Jayna Zod, and Wallis Day and Cameron Cuffe also making a appearance. That show was o good.

Spectacular Member

I know the character is overused and a lot of us are probably sick of him, but what are the chances of seeing Zod as a season long big bad? I think he could work, sending monsters from the phantom zone to fight Superman or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    I know the character is overused and a lot of us are probably sick of him, but what are the chances of seeing Zod as a season long big bad? I think he could work, sending monsters from the phantom zone to fight Superman or something.
    I’d be surprised if he didn’t show up, ditto for Brainiac. You could definitely tell some interesting stories with Zod if you went the Rebirth route, where he’s got his own evil version of the Superfamily, with Lor-Zod to play off against Jon and Jordan. Given they’re using Subjekt, I’m going to hope they use Xa-Du as the maniacally evil Kryptonian who sends PZ ghosts after Clark. Also they should totally adapt that Smallville horror story Greg Pak wrote starring the Ultra-Humanite.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d be surprised if he didn’t show up, ditto for Brainiac. You could definitely tell some interesting stories with Zod if you went the Rebirth route, where he’s got his own evil version of the Superfamily, with Lor-Zod to play off against Jon and Jordan. Given they’re using Subjekt, I’m going to hope they use Xa-Du as the maniacally evil Kryptonian who sends PZ ghosts after Clark. Also they should totally adapt that Smallville horror story Greg Pak wrote starring the Ultra-Humanite.
    Any use of the rogues is a must. Superman has a good rogues gallery and adaptations criminally underuse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    Any use of the rogues is a must. Superman has a good rogues gallery and adaptations criminally underuse them.
    Given they used Mxy for Kara, I hope they use Vyn for Clark. Superman vs. the Devil is a fun story, would be great to get an adaption of something like Miracle Monday with Vyn as the demonic entity going up against Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If you are so against those stories, What other stories do you propose for this show?

The story I'm really against is turning Superman evil because Lois died and he can't handle it like a mature man.
    One of the stories they’re telling which I’m pleased they’re doing, is the death of small town Middle America. In the real world you’re seeing a lot of people move to cities, the reverse of how it’s been for the last 50 years where people moved from the cities to the suburbs. Superman is perfect to talk about that through the context of supervillains, monsters, and other punchable stuff, by having said threats related to how Smallville as a community is dying.

Stories about fatherhood and motherhood, about marriage and the joys/sorrows that come with it.

Stories about journalism, how that industry is struggling right now, how Lois & Clark feel about that.

And stories about the world in general. We are living in interesting times, tons of source material to draw on for Superman stories.

Also? Just plain fun stuff. Supervillains out to cause havoc for their own amusement. Small town holding big secrets that Clark and Lois will have to dig up. Horror stories involving the Phantom Zone. Stories about Kryptonian artifacts and lore with Clark teaching the kids about their heritage. Team ups with the Legion of Superheroes. spoilers:
    And given Alternate Lex’s involvement, maybe stories about the Multiverse?
    end of spoilers

There’s tons of stuff I can think of and would like to see.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Okay, I watched the video, and while I appreciate it, I don't understand how that's Superman. It does illustrate perfectly Black Adam from an heroic perspective, since he used to be a slave but was blessed with powers and decided to free his people from slavery. But Clark didn't grow up in ancient Egypt. Most of the problems around him couldn't be fixed with a punch. Regardless of that tho, where does Lois Lane fit? What is the purpose of the Clark Kent identity? Is Clark Kent just a burden? Why is he a journalist? Couldn't he just be Superman and still tell everyone what he does and why he does it?

These are things that my own personal take on Superman totally justify, I don't understand how your take on him justifies these things. I know you think Clark shouldn't have a secret identity anymore, and you've said that it has to do with the immigranr metaphor, but do you think him being Clark Kent was ever a good thing? And why does he choose to be with Lois Lane instead of Wonder Woman?
    He doesn't need to be.It called an allegory.Is batman really a dark knight or a ronin?no he isn't.Yeah!Clark didn't need to punch.Superman being a vigilante had no problem punching,using intimidation or scaring people provided they won't listen to reason from clark.Clark was working class dude fight on behalf of the common folks in the depression.he was pennyless.He likes writing and he wants his experiences to be out there.So he is journalist (more of a writer).He wants truth to be exposed,so that it can set people free himself included.Clark Kent with glasses?it's a disguise.Someone he can understand.But, the glasses guy needs some rethinking. As for Lois,what about her?she does what she does.Is that a rule? Superman is supposed to choose wonder woman,If the real guy ain't Clark Kent that you are familiar with(the glasses guy).As for why Clark likes Lois? she is blunt,honest,courages...etc.Everything Clark wishes to be and working towards.Clark needs to break his shackles.wonder woman is all that.But,lois is a cynical city girl.Superman has to really put in to practice what's in his head(ideals and all that) and make it work regarding anything.To actually make her see.She's a great critique.WW doesn't do that.Besides,Clark is unruly.WW is the opposite and very much laid back in that sense.They are too different. WW is working towards being part of the society.Clark is suffocated by it.Lois ,Jimmy,Perry and the gang are as much misfits as Clark is. they provide different perspectives.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I hope they're gonna sell these in stores.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Given they used Mxy for Kara, I hope they use Vyn for Clark. Superman vs. the Devil is a fun story, would be great to get an adaption of something like Miracle Monday with Vyn as the demonic entity going up against Clark.
    I wouldn't mind the Thomas Lennon Mxy having some fun with the Kent family. He was pretty great in Supergirl's 100th episode.

I wouldn't mind the Thomas Lennon Mxy having some fun with the Kent family. He was pretty great in Supergirl's 100th episode.
    Given the tone the trailers give, would some as “zany” as Mxy have a place on the show I wonder?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Sold.

Stubble Superman Lives!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

By the way, Tyler has to wear a moustache at some point as his and Lois’s alternate secret identities

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This looks damn good.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"