Page 137 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2229
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    By the way, Tyler has to wear a moustache at some point as his and Lois’s alternate secret identities
    The return of Chaz?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Given the tone the trailers give, would some as “zany” as Mxy have a place on the show I wonder?
    I'm hoping for a variety in tone.

BANNED

Sold.

Stubble Superman Lives!
    Yeah. These two vibe extremely well together. Whatever my concerns are about this show, I can’t deny that.

I saw a reviewer who had seen the pilot wondering if the Covid impact had forced the cast to become even closer and maybe, who knows. But you can feel the actor’s affection for each other for sure.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 02-14-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

By the way, Tyler has to wear a moustache at some point as his and Lois’s alternate secret identities
    So they can CGI it out.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Stories about Superman, as a heroic character having adventures, punching bad guys and saving the world. But good.

Superman as a capable and experienced superhero that knows what he is doing and don't question every move he takes. Stories where Superman is a man with enough conviction and psychologically health that won't become a psychotic tyrant if Lois dies.

I've said it before, but sometimes it feels like most Superman writers should be writing essays about the character and not the comics. What Superman needs, imo, is a creative team that wants to tell stories about his adventures instead of answering metaphorical questions about the character.

What does Superman stands for? Does the world needs Superman? Is Superman still relevant? What should Superman do?
    I don't care, just tell me about that time he stoped Mongul from conquering the galaxy or the story where he fights a reality warping lovecrathian creature in a timeless dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    They should use the same Brainiac from Krypton, actually, they should steal as many things from the their production as they can.
    I agree, and the same actor for Zod. I mean, there was a Crisis on multiple Earths. I Loved what the Krypton show did with those characters. The actors did a great job too. Man, the Visuals in that show were good.

I really want to see the real Brainiac again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One of the stories they’re telling which I’m pleased they’re doing, is the death of small town Middle America. In the real world you’re seeing a lot of people move to cities, the reverse of how it’s been for the last 50 years where people moved from the cities to the suburbs. Superman is perfect to talk about that through the context of supervillains, monsters, and other punchable stuff, by having said threats related to how Smallville as a community is dying.

Stories about fatherhood and motherhood, about marriage and the joys/sorrows that come with it.

Stories about journalism, how that industry is struggling right now, how Lois & Clark feel about that.

And stories about the world in general. We are living in interesting times, tons of source material to draw on for Superman stories.

Also? Just plain fun stuff. Supervillains out to cause havoc for their own amusement. Small town holding big secrets that Clark and Lois will have to dig up. Horror stories involving the Phantom Zone. Stories about Kryptonian artifacts and lore with Clark teaching the kids about their heritage. Team ups with the Legion of Superheroes. spoilers:
    And given Alternate Lex’s involvement, maybe stories about the Multiverse?
    end of spoilers

There’s tons of stuff I can think of and would like to see.
    Those are good ideas for stories, but I also understand directors and writers who want to explore who Superman is and what he would do.

I also want to see how Superman uses his intelligence to beat the bad guys. I want to see his kids realize all the big responsibility that it means to be a superhero and to be a parent.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-14-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm hoping for a variety in tone.
    Me too. Superman can't be just drama all the time. It also needs some humor, joy, fun and plenty of action and Sci-Fi. I hope this is more a family show than just a teen show.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Me too. Superman can't be just drama all the time. It also needs some humor, joy, fun and plenty of action and Sci-Fi. I hope this is more a family show than just a teen show.
    Haw!Carefull now,punching stuff is beneath superman.Talking about good action is heresy.It's not like superman debuted in action comics and smashed a car for giggles in the first issue (Just poking fun)
    On a serious note,I don't expect quality action sequance.You would be wasting your time,expecting that.It's not because of lack of budget either.It isn't the thrust of trailer.The family was.I am hoping for some good dynamics on that front.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-15-2021 at 12:09 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The return of Chaz?
    Yesssss.

Also, Cavill needs to do the same if he ever gets another crack at bat.

Extraordinary Member

When does this premiere?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    When does this premiere?
    February 23

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Haw!Carefull now,punching stuff is beneath superman.Talking about good action is heresy.It's not like superman debuted in action comics and smashed a car for giggles in the first issue (Just poking fun)
    On a serious note,I don't expect quality action sequance.You would be wasting your time,expecting that.It's not because of lack of budget either.It isn't the thrust of trailer.The family was.I am hoping for some good dynamics on that front.
    There might be limits on how physical Superman can get because of COVID filming (fittingly the main villain of the pilot is covered head-to-toe in a suit).

It'd be nice if we could get like a Supergirl vs Reign level fight this season, but it probably depends what threats he fights across season 1.

I'm not expecting a lot of quality action sequences, but some decent ones. It's Superman after all. Of course, the drama and characters will be central, I hope.

I want to see Clark/Superman taking his kids to see the Fortress. It will be exciting I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm not expecting a lot of quality action sequences, but some decent ones. It's Superman after all. Of course, the drama and characters will be central, I hope.

I want to see Clark/Superman taking his kids to see the Fortress. It will be exciting I assume.
    Well, people will probably not all agree on the quality of the action scenes anyways...

While it's not obviously going to have DCEU like action, just seeing the little we did in the trailer, it's definitely going to be the best looking DC show we've gotten, or at least on par with Stargirl. The reviews do say the action is movie like, though that might just be for the pilot. It really does depend on what he'll be doing and what of his Superman exploits we see this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, people will probably not all agree on the quality of the action scenes anyways...
    The teenage drama will be all the action I need.