Page 142 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    The way we react to fiction informs real life. If your values cause you to judge any woman for who she sleeps with or how she dresses than your values are problematic and sexist. Period.

And AGAIN I ask that we please return to the topic.
    But you are also placing your own values on the character. We all do. I don't appreciate it when you tell me how we should think. You do it a lot. You are not a mod. ok I'm done.

I just rewatched the trailer and I just realized how hard it's gonna be to accept Tyler Hoechlin as the father of those two kids. They look very similar, but he is still looks so young when compared to them. He looks like an older brother. That shot where Jordan is saying "we've seen Superman" and we cut from the kids to him are the exact problem. It actually makes some sense considering the fact that he doesn't age at a normal rate, but it's still weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    If I'm remembering the leaks right, and I may not since it's been close to a year since I read them. Only Clark gets fired, which in hindsight is a very interesting decision. Like what will Clark be doing to support the family, while Lois works? Full time farmer?
    In the trailer it looked like both of them were taking their stuff away and I think they cast a sidekick for Lois at a Smallville paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I just rewatched the trailer and I just realized how hard it's gonna be to accept Tyler Hoechlin as the father of those two kids. They look very similar, but he is still looks so young when compared to them. He looks like an older brother. That shot where Jordan is saying "we've seen Superman" and we cut from the kids to him are the exact problem. It actually makes some sense considering the fact that he doesn't age at a normal rate, but it's still weird.
    very true

As I remember of Beverly Hills 90210 when growing up - "twentysomething kids and their thirtysomething parents".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    very true

As I remember of Beverly Hills 90210 when growing up - "twentysomething kids and their thirtysomething parents".
    I'm pretty sure Tom Welling and John Schneider also didn't match up in ages, but it kind of worked anyway. I think it's about the eyes and the hair. Tyler just looks too clean.

I'm pretty sure Tom Welling and John Schneider also didn't match up in ages, but it kind of worked anyway. I think it's about the eyes and the hair. Tyler just looks too clean.
    17 years difference between Tom Welling and John Schneider. And judging by the imdb page of the actor that plays Jordan, he is still 16/17, while Tyler Hoechlin is 33, so about as much of a difference as Smallville.

But everyone knew Clark was adopted, and it's not like there was a reason for the Kents to be older when they found Clark. But Clark is supposed to be the biological father of those two sons, and while I might be able to somewhat accept the Jordan, Jon is even harder to accept as the son of Tyler Hoechlin.

But again, those annoying kryptonian genes can be the handwave excuse. AHHHH so annoying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    But you are also placing your own values on the character. We all do. I don't appreciate it when you tell me how we should think. You do it a lot. You are not a mod. ok I'm done.
    Misogyny is not a value. Racism, white supremacy, homophobia are not “values.”

I’m not putting my values on anything because “values” that slut shame are a misogynist dog whistle. This is not some convo where we disagree over the size of a belt buckle. Shaming women for who they sleep with is dehumanizing garbage that is not defensible.

If your values are discriminatory than it goes beyond your personal preference or mine.

Extraordinary Member

My only problem with his look is that he's maybe too small, which is really only something I noticed when he was standing next to the other actors in COIE. A couple more inches height, and maybe twenty pounds more muscle....maybe he had time to work out hard before shooting?

Though now that you mention the age thing...

BANNED

Tom Welling did not in any way look 14 years old. I love him, I truly do. I think he was a fantastic, underrated Clark. But he did not look young enough to be the son of a man who was only 16 years older than him. We believed he was because of the acting.

I think this is one area where we have to wait and see and give the show time to establish Clark as a father.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    My only problem with his look is that he's maybe too small, which is really only something I noticed when he was standing next to the other actors in COIE. A couple more inches height, and maybe twenty pounds more muscle....maybe he had time to work out hard before shooting?

Though now that you mention the age thing...
    I never liked Superman to be particularly tall or wide so it doesn't bother me.

Tom Welling did not in any way look 14 years old. I love him, I truly do. I think he was a fantastic, underrated Clark. But he did not look young enough to be the son of a man who was only 16 years older than him. We believed he was because of the acting.

I think this is one area where we have to wait and see and give the show time to establish Clark as a father.
    Yeah true, but again, he was adopted. Everyone in the town knew that, so he didn't have to look like his son.

I'm pretty sure Schneider was double Welling's age. He's 60 years old now. At least 20 years of difference and it showed. Plus Welling had a very young face, imo. I think Tyler looks his age. The problem I see is the kids are teens now, and they grow fast and tall. Tyler isn't very tall either. But good acting can help. I think Tyler has a maturity about himself in the way he talks and moves, so that can help. It's going to be weird if his kids are his size too soon, but oh well, there are more important things here like story and acting.

BTW, maybe Clark is a freelance journalist for a while. With the internet, it can be done. My guess is he was finally fired because he wasn't there when Perry needed him haha.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-16-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the trailer it looked like both of them were taking their stuff away and I think they cast a sidekick for Lois at a Smallville paper.
    Interesting. Since in most descriptions of the show they mention Lois is at the planet, though that could be a misdirect for the show's purpose. Though looking back on it, I'm certain I read it was just Clark that was fired, I might have to give the leak a reread if I can find it again. So, let's say Lois is also fired and she works at the Smallville paper, what will Clark be doing workwise is my question. I guess farmer is definitely likely, kind of what Clark's job in the comics was for a while in the Rebirth era, before Superman Reborn retconned him back into a journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Schneider was double Welling's age. He's 60 years old now. At least 20 years of difference and it showed. Plus Welling had a very young face, imo. I think Tyler looks his age. The problem I see is the kids are teens now, and they grow fast and tall. Tyler isn't very tall either. But good acting can help. I think Tyler has a maturity about himself in the way he talks and moves, so that can help. It's going to be weird if his kids are his size too soon, but oh well, there are more important things here like story and acting.
    John Schneider was 40, Tom Welling was 23.

Misogyny is not a value. Racism, white supremacy, homophobia are not “values.”

I’m not putting my values on anything because “values” that slut shame are a misogynist dog whistle. This is not some convo where we disagree over the size of a belt buckle. Shaming women for who they sleep with is dehumanizing garbage that is not defensible.

If your values are discriminatory than it goes beyond your personal preference or mine.
    I think everyone has a right to be "wrong" if you will. Remember, Free Speech is there to protect offense speech, not popular speech. I'd gladly die for the concept of free speech any day (one of the few concepts I would die to protect). I might hate what you say but I want you to be free to say it, the same goes for freedom of belief.

Do I disagree with anything you wrote, not really. That said you shouldn't make assumptions about people's motives or how they feel about any given subject based upon generalizations.

But I digress this is not the place for such.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-16-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."