Page 145 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Oh, the particulars of how jealousy would be portrayed would change for sure, but girls absolutely can be jealous of their brothers.
    Sure, but the point is that the central conflict would be much less effective.

Astonishing Member

With how different the two boys are, I have no issues they went in that direction. I have been interested in Jordan since I heard of the character. Not that it wouldn't have been great to have a girl but there's Supergirl to consider, many would resent her for replacing Melissa before her show is even over. They already resent the show as is, a girl would just add fuel to their fire if Jordan is a girl who struggles with adjusting to this new world, making her closer to her comic counterpart than Melissa.

And yes,there's greater conflict with two brothers than if it was a boy and girl. You have Marvel milking Thor and Loki for all it's worth. Even the Bible has tales of brothers in conflict because of jealousy, hopefully with these two, it won't be so strong it tears them apart for good. I'd like for them to subvert expectations in this regard.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 02-17-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I would have preferred a daughter & son as well, but I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen what the show is doing with the sons first.

apparently this is for some kind of larger promo special thing. Agreed that I hope Flash and Superman crossover more. I mean they probably have already interacted a fair amount at this point. But I imagine it'll be more promising now that Clark's a major character now and not just Supergirl's cousin. And I guess also Lois and Iris interacting though I'm not a fan of Iris (or Cisco honestly.) I think they made it 2 boys to contrast with the Black Lightning family.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    With how different the two boys are, I have no issues they went in that direction. I have been interested in Jordan since I heard of the character. Not that it wouldn't have been great to have a girl but there's Supergirl to consider, many would resent her for replacing Melissa before her show is even over. They already resent the show as is, a girl would just add fuel to their fire if Jordan is a girl who struggles with adjusting to this new world, making her closer to her comic counterpart than Melissa.

And yes,there's greater conflict with two brothers than if it was a boy and girl. You have Marvel milking Thor and Loki for all it's worth. Even the Bible has tales of brothers in conflict because of jealousy, hopefully with these two, it won't be so strong it tears them apart for good. I'd like for them to subvert expectations in this regard.
    I think i'll enjoy it better with two boys than one of each regardless of whether it's a loving family or a sibling rivalry. Once thing I learned from watching 15 years of Supernatural is that brotherly banter is amazing when done right. There's just something about the way brothers tease, insult, defend, and just relate to each other that's tough between brothers and sisters. Also, I've avoided spoilers, but I think one has power and one doesn't?? If that's the case having them both be boys SHOULD keep the SJW stuff to a minimum... After all if the sister has powers and the brother doesn't... then its' obviously a feminist agenda. If the boy has powers and the girl doesn't than it's obviously a sexist misogynistic 'damsal in distress' thing... But if both are boys than maybe we can get past that garbage.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! if you are talking about cain and abel.I would prefer them actually searching for something else to look for inspiration.As long as i have a guy i can root for in jon kent.I wouldn't mind him getting jealous and what not.It's human.right?But,what he does with those emotions is where i draw the line.Jon kent should be a badass and even if he doesn't get the power.Putting a dash of ambition in the character would be welcome.Certains takes in comics are removing that.Hopefully,the jon kent is jock thing from the hugo danner(yeah! doubt it.I mean,frank miller and john byrne aren't writing the character to know the character existed).
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think i'll enjoy it better with two boys than one of each regardless of whether it's a loving family or a sibling rivalry. Once thing I learned from watching 15 years of Supernatural is that brotherly banter is amazing when done right. There's just something about the way brothers tease, insult, defend, and just relate to each other that's tough between brothers and sisters. Also, I've avoided spoilers, but I think one has power and one doesn't?? If that's the case having them both be boys SHOULD keep the SJW stuff to a minimum... After all if the sister has powers and the brother doesn't... then its' obviously a feminist agenda. If the boy has powers and the girl doesn't than it's obviously a sexist misogynistic 'damsal in distress' thing... But if both are boys than maybe we can get past that garbage.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!

When it's done right, the rivalry will always be there and it's enjoyable. I'm just a little nervous about their endgame. I just hate the prospect of dividing the brothers permanently, like I've see theories that imply Jordan will go evil simply because the character description said he had "darkness" in him, which I imagine was a thoughtless shorthand for saying his anxiety was probably sever. They'll never be on the same page about everything but I want them to have a deep love for each other that doesn't get shaken even if they end up fighting over stuff (hopefully not over a girl). It's probably one of things that elevated the MCU Thor/Loki rivalry from the OG comic version that was just a hero vs villain stories. You could actually tell they did love one another despite the rift between them after their initial fall out in the first movie and the Avengers. That said, I don't want things to get that far between them since Loki (a favorite of mine between the brothers) eventually died.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

When it's done right, the rivalry will always be there and it's enjoyable. I'm just a little nervous about their endgame. I just hate the prospect of dividing the brothers permanently, like I've see theories that imply Jordan will go evil simply because the character description said he had "darkness" in him, which I imagine was a thoughtless shorthand for saying his anxiety was probably sever. They'll never be on the same page about everything but I want them to have a deep love for each other that doesn't get shaken even if they end up fighting over stuff (hopefully not over a girl). It's probably one of things that elevated the MCU Thor/Loki rivalry from the OG comic version that was just a hero vs villain stories. You could actually tell they did love one another despite the rift between them after their initial fall out in the first movie and the Avengers. That said, I don't want things to get that far between them since Loki (a favorite of mine between the brothers) eventually died.
    I agree with this. I hope it's a somewhat complicated relationship and I think it will be. Otherwise, what's the point of it. Just to get along like best friends? Nah, this deserves a better drama than just fighting for the same girl.. boring.

Even if Jordan turns out to not be his real brother, the love they have should be stronger at the end.

Astonishing Member

They've been saying they are twins but why do people somehow doubt they are biological brothers?

There are theories that Jordan might be Zod's son and Clark and Lois just adopted him,

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There are theories that Jordan might be Zod's son and Clark and Lois just adopted him,
    Ah, so a version or at least inspired by Chris Kent. I'd be down for that.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

They've been saying they are twins but why do people somehow doubt they are biological brothers?
    shows lie all the time.

Astonishing Member

They've been talked about as twins, I'm certain by the showrunner, pretty much since the beginning, what benefit is there in lying to the audience before the show even starts? If they kept it vague, I'd say it was a possibility that Jordan wasn't biologically Lois & Clark's but they have specified that they are twins who look different, with equally varying personalities, a springboard for some of the issues Clark needs to deal with after the developments of the premier.

BANNED

There is apparently a montage at the beginning of the pilot that shows scenes from Lois and Clark’s love story and includes the birth of their children.

Short of a literal live birth video which, as someone who has ::actually:: given birth I assume none of you want, I think it’s safe to assume that Lois gave birth to both of those boys.

Incredible Member

Anyway, if one of them were not their biological kid, I'd rather it be Jon (the "easy" kid that no one doubts is their parents' son) than Jor (the "problem" child that we're already theorizing may be the child of a supervillain).

But so far nothing at all indicates they're not exactly what we've been told they are.