Page 147 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I believe they said they named both boys after Clark's fathers, in the case of Jordan, something skin to Jor.
    Nice. Hope they talk about it in an episode.

S&L billboard in West Hollywood. Let's hope the show gets strong ratings, and keeps them (if it's actually good).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Nice. Hope they talk about it in an episode.

S&L billboard in West Hollywood. Let's hope the show gets strong ratings, and keeps them (if it's actually good).
    I'm certain that going to be at the top of his priority list not long after the premier. They should be curious to know about their heritage once they get over the initial hurt of being lied to.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm certain that going to be at the top of his priority list not long after the premier. They should be curious to know about their heritage once they get over the initial hurt of being lied to.
    It can be a good excuse to see the Fortress again, if Clark takes them there. I hope so!

GREGORY SMITH (“EVERWOOD”) DIRECTS THE EPISODE – Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) shares some of his Kryptonian history with Jordan (Alex Garfin) and Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) during a family breakfast. Meanwhile, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Chrissy (guest star Sofia Hasmik) dig deeper to uncover the truth about Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner). Erik Valdez, Inde Navarrette, Wole Parks and Dylan Walsh also star. (#103). The episode was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Gregory Smith. Original airdate 3/9/2021. Every episode of SUPERMAN & LOIS will be available to stream on The CW App and CWTV.com the day after broadcast for free and without subscription, log-in or authentication required.
    http://www.kryptonsite.com/superman-...eleased/?amp=1

I read a review of the pilot in my local paper, and I have to admit, I’m kind of discouraged by it. Without going into detail, they say that the kids are the most interesting thing about it, and Lois is the real journalist, while Clark is kind of nieve and too trusting of things. Overly optimistic equals too trusting. And lana’s husband is anti political, and this just adds onto his overall unlikeability. I don’t think Superman is going to shine too much in this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I read a review of the pilot in my local paper, and I have to admit, I’m kind of discouraged by it. Without going into detail, they say that the kids are the most interesting thing about it, and Lois is the real journalist, while Clark is kind of nieve and too trusting of things. Overly optimistic equals too trusting. And lana’s husband is anti political, and this just adds onto his overall unlikeability. I don’t think Superman is going to shine too much in this one.
    Literally every other review has signaled that Tyler is the star of the show and the one who carried the entire emotional weight of the premiere with the most to work with.

If anything, the most consistent critique has been that while Elizabeth Tulloch is extremely good as Lois Lane and the chemistry between them is very good, that LOIS is the one completely shafted and not given equal status. Not Clark.

As for the kids being great....guys....you can’t have it both ways. You can’t complain about how the kids will obviously suck and be boring (as many people have and did) but then be mad when the show subverts expectations and creates teens who people actually love. It’s a GOOD thing if these kids are a draw. If they are a turn off and not interesting, it hurts the show.

There is zero indication that Clark himself isn’t going to shine on this show. On the contrary, the consistent concern backed up by a writer literally getting FIRED for fighting back against it is that Lois is the one the showrunner isn’t doing right by.

Superman will be fine. The white male lead on a show run by a white man using him as an admitted self-insert is not the one you have to worry about being shafted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Literally every other review has signaled that Tyler is the star of the show and the one who carried the entire emotional weight of the premiere with the most to work with.

If anything, the most consistent critique has been that while Elizabeth Tulloch is extremely good as Lois Lane and the chemistry between them is very good, that LOIS is the one completely shafted and not given equal status. Not Clark.

As for the kids being great....guys....you can’t have it both ways. You can’t complain about how the kids will obviously suck and be boring (as many people have and did) but then be mad when the show subverts expectations and creates teens who people actually love. It’s a GOOD thing if these kids are a draw. If they are a turn off and not interesting, it hurts the show.

There is zero indication that Clark himself isn’t going to shine on this show. On the contrary, the consistent concern backed up by a writer literally getting FIRED for fighting back against it is that Lois is the one the showrunner isn’t doing right by.

Superman will be fine. The white male lead on a show run by a white man using him as an admitted self-insert is not the one you have to worry about being shafted.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I just realized Jordan name starts like Jor El. I like that. Wonder if it was intentional or a coincidence.
    Intentional I assume, probably a nod to Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow? where Superman gives himself a new identity named Jordan Elliot as a nod to Jor-El,
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Intentional I assume, probably a nod to Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow? where Superman gives himself a new identity named Jordan Elliot as a nod to Jor-El,
    Ah, forgot about that.

I feel so down today. Hopefully this show makes up for not having Superman in movies.

Any guesses what kind of ratings this show can get? The Flash kind of ratings or Supergirl's in the beginning. I have no idea, but I see lots of fans getting excited.

It’s the #1 show on iTunes so I assume it will do well. Right now it’s at 85% on RT so if it stays within that range I think you’ll see a lot of people take an interest. This is already set up to be the big Superman outside media project so I think it’s going to attract attention.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s the #1 show on iTunes so I assume it will do well. Right now it’s at 85% on RT so if it stays within that range I think you’ll see a lot of people take an interest. This is already set up to be the big Superman outside media project so I think it’s going to attract attention.
    I think it really depends on the quality and tone of the show that will make it or break it.

Dan Romer (Beasts of the Southern Wild, Maniac, Beasts of No Nation, Wendy) is the composer for Superman & Lois.

I never heard of him before. Really hope the music in the show is good. I want an intro theme. Krypton didn't have one. I like intro themes for shows I like.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I wonder what he'll tell them about Krypton. Just give them the basic rundown of what happened as he knows it or some kind of Kryptonian proverb he's learned to help teach them?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what he'll tell them about Krypton. Just give them the basic rundown of what happened as he knows it or some kind of Kryptonian proverb he's learned to help teach them?
    Maybe he'll tell them that ancient Kryptonian proverb: "Only Nixon could go to China."

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

There's a Daily Planet section of the LA Times today:

(Also confirmation that Superman is back to being the first costumed public super-powered hero post-Crisis after the bit at the end of Crisis left that in doubt)
    Buh-bye