Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Well there is Batwoman and there was Gotham show, Are/Where they better made than this or Smallville? I haven't heard very good things. Some hate it some like it.

What about Titans show?

I want to see what show gets better ratings, Supergirl or Superman and Lois.. It's the CW, so I'm not expecting great things or #s.
    TITANS has a much higher production value. I dont know what their budget looks like but overall that show is pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The problem is not even cgi. Call that a "fight" is the problem. That's not even a scuffle. If those are fights. Then this is clearly a drama and romance show. Meant for that audience.since, it's cw i don't think it will even be quality that kind of show.
    The show has had better fights.

Like, as infamous as it is, the actual fight between Supergirl and Superman was pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The show has had better fights.

Like, as infamous as it is, the actual fight between Supergirl and Superman was pretty darn good.
    It was pretty short, though, and she defeated him too easy, imo. TV budget and it showed. That said, Supergirl has had decent fights and VFX for TV. I don't watch the show anymore, but I don't expect movie quality for these shows, I just wish the writing was better and consistent.

It was pretty short, though, and she defeated him too easy, imo. TV budget and it showed. That said, Supergirl has had decent fights for TV. I don't watch the show anymore, but I don't expect movie quality for these shows, I just wish the writing was better and consistent.
    I don't think it was too easy, it was a slugfest and they were pounding on each other. She collapsed moments after he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it was too easy, it was a slugfest and they were pounding on each other. She collapsed moments after he did.
    It was too short and easy for me. It didn't really feel like a fight among Kryptonians. The pounding on each other was like watching a lower power meta to me. I rather watch the DCAU for action, or Man of Steel.

The fight with Reign was solid.

The fights on Titans aren't any better than the fights on Arrow. They haven't had a real metahuman fight there yet. Conner's battle against Luthor's goons was a little more polished than what you see on Supergirl. But Raven vs. Trigon was ridiculously cheap looking.

Here's Titans for comparison.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The fight with Reign was solid.

The fights on Titans aren't any better than the fights on Arrow. They haven't had a real metahuman fight there yet. Conner's battle against Luthor's goons was a little more polished than what you see on Supergirl. But Raven vs. Trigon was ridiculously cheap looking.
    This looks decent. It's got emotion. I can get behind something like this. But, the hand to hand is very weak. It's not very good to look at. But, sheild throw to laser beam was good at the end. I wish they made the punching effect and sound effect more impactful. But, i can definitely get behind something like this.
    Edit- yeah! Superman vs supergirl fight i don't think it worked for me. Their weak points technically were full on display. Fight just didn't connect with me emotionally
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-01-2019 at 10:35 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This would be something to look forward too. I hope we get this. Krypto kicking ass. There is nothing more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    CW Superman isn't my first choice, but...

I hope is 13 episode season, like Black Lighting, the writing will be better and it would allow them to make better fights and CGI.
    Fight are important, for that they need to give Superman chances to atual fight, so bring on Mongul, Brainiac, Despero, etc.
    If Krypton is really dead, I hope HBOMax suaves it, but if it is dead, they should take that Doomsday and Brainiac, they are só good.
    After the Supergirl show make sure to afirm that she was better, the Superman show should make sure that everyone knows Superman is awesome.
    On the Adventures of Superman George Reeves almost never fought anyone. He would just knock the bad guys heads together and knock them out. I don't recall Dean Cain's Superman getting in too many fist fights either.
    Supergirl seems to be the first one to punch people in the face on live action TV. Not sure why people have the idea less episodes translates into more money per episode. Seems like each episode gets a certain amount of
    money based on how much advertising they can sell. Less episodes means less advertising money. I don't think there is just a fixed pot of money that gets divied up over the episodes no matter how many or how few.
    And there are multiple writers so it's not like someone has to write a whole bunch of episodes as opposed to fewer episodes.

It was too short and easy for me. It didn't really feel like a fight among Kryptonians. The pounding on each other was like watching a lower power meta to me. I rather watch the DCAU for action, or Man of Steel.
    The fight between Superman and Supergirl lasted 6 minutes of a 42 minute show. That was a lot of time devoted to one fight considering they also had to deal with the Daximite invasion, Supergirl fighting Rhea later on,
    Supergirl sending Mon-El away, and launching Reign to Earth.

Incredible Member

Unless the premise changes to superman: the quest to retrieve his balls I don't see anything of interest in this. Plus it's by the same team that managed to break the arrow show into soap opera levels of drama and angst which is something that superman as a brand already has issues with.

If they can tell good stories and focus on why Superman does what he does and how the relationship works, I’ll be happy without tons of fights.

I'm interested to see where this series goes. Plus with Jon Kent in the picture, it looks to be fun. And, like Jefferson on Black Lightning, this Superman is already an experienced hero. Will there be drama? Most likely. But I also expect humor, fun, and action.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

This would be something to look forward too. I hope we get this. Krypto kicking ass. There is nothing more awesome.
    It'd be more awesome if Krypto wasn't killing soldiers (the one with the launcher - maybe he lived, I don't know), but that was definitely well-shot. In fact, I think certain bits could be cut even faster to maximize the impact of it for the viewer (and wouldn't hurt the budget, either).
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/