Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm in shock. So so disappointed with this news. Superman deserves better than to just dump him in this mediocre network that has disrespected him beyond belief. Worst news ever.

If this means we won't have another Superman film in a long time well.. ugh. I don't see how the CW is going to make more Superman fans with this. We are screwed for now it seems. Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman get big screen movies while Superman gets dumped in the CW where is known for bad writing. Wow, no thanks, WB. Way to treat the original superhero. I deserve better.
    God, now this is what I call overdramatic.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    They're described as Parents so does that mean it'll have Jon in it?
    Or has he already been introduced? I lost track of the CW shows bar Black Lightning.
    Lois was pregnant .anyways, jon was rumored for the crisis. I remember jurgens thanking the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    At least the stupid Superdad and Son idea is being done in the worst possible place. Maybe one day we'll actually get Superman on an actual good network.

Its actually for the best. This gives time for 5G to successfully kill the idea of the son so fully that in the future we won't have to deal with this family ****. One bad show on one bad network to ignore. I'll take that trade.
    Young justice will be having jon as well.i rather get superdad than a character that has ambiguous characterisation and no vision.

It's kinda funny how disconnected people here seem to be with both the popularity of the CW shows in general and Hoechlin's Superman in particular.

One show probably brings in more money for WB's than the entire comic division combined and CW's Superman in general appears to be extremely popular to the point where he's been given major focus in two of the crossovers.

BANNED

At least the stupid Superdad and Son idea is being done in the worst possible place. Maybe one day we'll actually get Superman on an actual good network.

Its actually for the best. This gives time for 5G to successfully kill the idea of the son so fully that in the future we won't have to deal with this family ****. One bad show on one bad network to ignore. I'll take that trade.
    This sounds like Joe Quesada's train of thought when he thought up OMD.

I'm not disconnected, I know it has its fanbase. But in the larger scheme of things it really isn't that big. Its best ratings would be cancel-worthy on the bigger networks. Its been that way for its whole existence. Even shows I liked back in the WB days can only be considered cult.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-28-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Good point. The CW is so forgettable in the big picture, this doesn't have a chance to really matter enough in the grand scheme of things and the legacy of the character. They know this show and team aren't worth for something bigger that actually matters and has an impact.

I don't even hate the kid, but I have big issues with this network that has done nothing for Superman, on the contrary, it only makes him look bad. He's not even Earth's champion lol... what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's kinda funny how disconnected people here seem to be with both the popularity of the CW shows in general and Hoechlin's Superman in particular.

One show probably brings in more money for WB's than the entire comic division combined and CW's Superman in general appears to be extremely popular to the point where he's been given major focus in two of the crossovers.
    and he has done nothing just get his butt kicked and save Lois. He gets constantly disrespected and put down in favor of his cousin. And those are the facts, he doesn't really matter in this verse. He is not special or epic.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    But Superman first and foremost focus in life was to fighting injustice not to leading a normal life or whatever. The Supergirl Superman was a pretty trash Superman without the kid in tow, how in the world is he going to manage with even more things on his back?
    Well, his normal life is fighting crime. Now he just has a kid who can crush diamonds alongside. He is essentially in pa kents place now.Jon is basically an unknown. He might even have hybrid vigour. Jon is superman's first proper sidekick ever in main continuity(not counting jimmy) .

and he has done nothing just get his butt kicked and save Lois. He gets constantly disrespected and put down in favor of his cousin. And those are the facts, he doesn't really matter in this verse. He is not special or epic.
    Yes, so much so they are giving them their own show.

Well, he's not going to be meant to be epic in the first place, most likely. If it takes inspiration from the comics and its version of the father and son dynamic, its going to be all about the son anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Yeah I mean there's always this segment of Superman's fanbase that actually seemed repulsed when the guy does anything vaguely impressive in terms of Superheroics and actively want the character to do less. These are the same people that shirk at the Champion of the Oppressed saga of the character and seem to be in favor of "normalizing" the guy. The guy hasn't done anything from what we've seen besides get whooped on admit to his own inferiority.

You would have never caught Joe and Jerry writing something like that in a million years because the guy they wrote actually stood for something.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yes, so much so they are giving them their own show.
    It's the CW... yay what an achievement. I'm sure the masses are suddenly going to pay attention and watch the new Superman and family show..

Well, he's not going to be meant to be epic in the first place, most likely. If it takes inspiration from the comics and its version of the father and son dynamic, its going to be all about the son anyway.
    that story could be good and hearfelt and also epic with good writers that respect the character. Not in the CW of course.

It's the CW... yay what an achievement. I'm sure the masses are suddenly going to pay attention and watch the new Superman and family show..
    It was either this or an animated series. A Superman family series was bound to happen. Personally, i would have liked the animated series.