Page 21 of 149 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Everyone kills on Titans, the body count in that show is insane. Dick Grayson is probably the worst offender with likely high double if not triple digits considering he blew up an entire evil hospital. Hawk and Dove kill in cold blood. Raven's killed, Starfire's repeatedly roasted people alive, Beast Boy ate a dude. Krypto and Conner are just trying to keep up. Yet they treated Batman's killing of the Joker in a dream world as some kind of line he crossed.

t's a decent show, but the writing isn't any better than CW's shows. The only consistently well written DC show so far has been Doom Patrol.
    How is writing, connected to no kill code? I like the second season. I was sort of effy of first season. Conner and eve mom-son relation is something i look forward to. I couldn't get through supergirl furst season. I just dropped it.anyways, titans is portraying vigilantism as a whole in bad light. Because it should also be. It is not white washing violence as something controllable and portraying Vigilantes as just heroes. When there is another side to what they do. An ugly side.
    As for batman, maybe it is because of it being like an execution. Maybe batman hadn't executed anyone till then. I don't know at the end of the day. It wasn't fleshed out. Seeing as batman is not the focus. It's forgivable.

"what were you gonna do to that guy?"
    "i was gonna make him leave his girlfriend alone"
    "how?Were you going to Throw him through a wall?"
    "maybe"
    "were you gonna kill him?"
    "i don't know!" with super scream.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-02-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Come up with a better name for the new show.

1. "Superman and Lois Lane"
    It's wordier, but gives equal weight to her name in the title.

2. "Clark & Lois"
    Simpler, and a nod to the 1990s Lois & Clark TV show.

3. "Lois & Kal"
    Another nod, but with a more Kryptonian twist.

Dang, this is harder than I thought.

Any other non-ironic non-controlling titles for this show?

It's tough, because the best ones are the ones that definitively have already been used - Adventures of Superman or Lois & Clark - and they may want to stay away from them to differentiate it.

I do think Superman and Lois Lane works far better than just Superman and Lois. Despite being longer, it definitely sounds better.

You could go with Mr. & Mrs. Superman after the old Superman Family book where they told the stories of Earth 2 where they married. It has a good ring to it, but that is definitely old fashioned sounding and wouldn't think that would fly now, even ironically.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the title they've floated - Superman and Lois, and the supposedly "secret" story line - could be a hint that they are going have Clark out himself in it like the comics? For one, the CW shows routinely pull and adapt fresh story lines from the comics - like Leviathan appearing now in Supergirl, Flash used GodSpeed, etc. And has little real use for secret identities, even if they play lip service to them. They've hinted at a little bit of tension already, with Clark commenting to Lois on the farm that there'd be questions if Lois wrote about her time on Argo with Superman.

Maybe the arc of the first season will be a loose adaptation of what Bendis is doing.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-02-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Secret life of the kent family.

It's tough, because the best ones are the ones that definitively have already been used - Adventures of Superman or Lois & Clark - and they may want to stay away from them to differentiate it.

I do think Superman and Lois Lane works far better than just Superman and Lois. Despite being longer, it definitely sounds better.

You could go with Mr. & Mrs. Superman after the old Superman Family book where they told the stories of Earth 2 where they married. It has a good ring to it, but that is definitely old fashioned sounding and wouldn't think that would fly now, even ironically.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the title they've floated - Superman and Lois, and the supposedly "secret" story line - could be a hint that they are going have Clark out himself in it like the comics? For one, the CW shows routinely pull and adapt fresh story lines from the comics - like Leviathan appearing now in Supergirl, Flash used GodSpeed, etc. And has little real use for secret identities, even if they play lip service to them. They've hinted at a little bit of tension already, with Clark commenting to Lois on the farm that there'd be questions if Lois wrote about her time on Argo with Superman.

Maybe the arc of the first season will be a loose adaptation of what Bendis is doing.
    I think they just want to emphasize Clark and Lois as co-leads rather then indicate an outing. The main heroes name is always in the title of the show but it's not necessarily a plain "Superman" show.

I don't think they would immediately do an outing storyline without getting to actually play around with Clark Kent for a while, and see how Hoechlin handles the duality in his own show.

I do think they refrained from using Lois and Clark, even though it flows better as a title, to not make it seem like a remake of the Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher show.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if most people just shorten it to "Superman."

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Watch this and tell me there's any hope that a Superman show on the CW won't be a trainwreck.

Well, Corridor Crew just crapped all over this scene. What perfect timing.

Everyone kills on Titans, the body count in that show is insane. Dick Grayson is probably the worst offender with likely high double if not triple digits considering he blew up an entire evil hospital. Hawk and Dove kill in cold blood. Raven's killed, Starfire's repeatedly roasted people alive, Beast Boy ate a dude. Krypto and Conner are just trying to keep up. Yet they treated Batman's killing of the Joker in a dream world as some kind of line he crossed.

It's a decent show, but the writing isn't any better than CW's shows. It's over dramatic in the same ways, just with higher production values. They spent an entire episode on Aqualad pining for Donna Troy. The only consistently well written DC show so far has been Doom Patrol.
    Dick was mentally tortured. Starfire, even in the comics, killed until reeled in. Raven was being controlled by her demonic side/father.

But Hank and Dawn? Yeah, they beat people up. Even cut them. But they were horrified when Dick saved them in season 1 with how far he went (didn't even kill anyone at that point). So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Dick was mentally tortured. Starfire, even in the comics, killed until reeled in. Raven was being controlled by her demonic side/father.

But Hank and Dawn? Yeah, they beat people up. Even cut them. But they were horrified when Dick saved them in season 1 with how far he went (didn't even kill anyone at that point). So, yeah.
    Didn't Hank and Dawn kill Hank's old coach after tracking him down? I mean, justified without a doubt. But I was just making the point that the series is exceptionally loose with the killing to the point were almost all the characters have killed.

Didn't Hank and Dawn kill Hank's old coach after tracking him down? I mean, justified without a doubt. But I was just making the point that the series is exceptionally loose with the killing to the point were almost all the characters have killed.
    I think it was ambiguous whether they killed him or not. But anyway I agree. Titans is good, not great. And the first season was pretty crappy. Overall about the same quality as the Arrowverse but with more F-bombs.
    Doom Patrol is on another level than any of them.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What i don't understand is why do this when animated series was possible? Why reject the pitch for the animated show with same premise that can pull of awesome fights without much budget?if budget is such a huge issue deterring superheroics. Then they should have gone for the animated series.
    Because an animated Superman series would be viewed by the studio as skewing towards a much younger audience, who might not be interested in the adventures of Superman & Lois as new parents. The very premise of this show is aimed more at young adults who are just starting their own families.

This isn't to say that an animated series focused on Lois, Clark & Jon wouldn't be a lot of fun, but it would be a very different kind of show than what this CW show seems to be going for, which could also be interesting if handled right. The investigative journalism angle of Lois & Clark is something that rarely gets touched. I'd love to see it get some more attention, particularly today. The Supergirl show has tried, but largely failed to do much with her being a reporter, mostly because the focus of the show has never been that, and whenever they try to make it that, they're out of their depth.

If Superman & Lois were to hire writers with genuine investigative journalist experience, who've also had to deal with juggling that life with marriage and young kids, they might have a great show on their hands that will be able to deal with the whole Superman mythos in a very new way than audiences have seen before.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I highly doubt this will be written by anyone with actual interest in how journalists live or what the profession looks like in 2019.

It'll just be Perry White yelling about stories like it's 1933. Which leans more into making Superman and his world dated and uninteresting.
    You're welcome to view this show with cynicism, but I think automatically assuming the worst isn't a particularly great way to approach Superman, whose entire shtick is about hope and optimism. Yes, it could certainly suck, but what's the harm is thinking that it might be good?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    You're welcome to view this show with cynicism, but I think automatically assuming the worst isn't a particularly great way to approach Superman, whose entire shtick is about hope and optimism. Yes, it could certainly suck, but what's the harm is thinking that it might be good?
    I think it comes down to "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me fifty-seven times..."

My particular doubt comes from the network. I just don't trust or like the CW much. They even made Archie an overly dramatic mess. I don't know, right now they're batting a 0 from me. I'll still give this a look, though. I'd always love to be wrong.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-02-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Because an animated Superman series would be viewed by the studio as skewing towards a much younger audience, who might not be interested in the adventures of Superman & Lois as new parents. The very premise of this show is aimed more at young adults who are just starting their own families.

This isn't to say that an animated series focused on Lois, Clark & Jon wouldn't be a lot of fun, but it would be a very different kind of show than what this CW show seems to be going for, which could also be interesting if handled right. The investigative journalism angle of Lois & Clark is something that rarely gets touched. I'd love to see it get some more attention, particularly today. The Supergirl show has tried, but largely failed to do much with her being a reporter, mostly because the focus of the show has never been that, and whenever they try to make it that, they're out of their depth.

If Superman & Lois were to hire writers with genuine investigative journalist experience, who've also had to deal with juggling that life with marriage and young kids, they might have a great show on their hands that will be able to deal with the whole Superman mythos in a very new way than audiences have seen before.
    I guess, the suits would think that given "animated properties are for kids" belief in America. It is a mistake in my opinion. I don't understand wouldn't they do market study and such before greenlighting things? . As i said, the problem isn't that though. As said earlier, Even if they did hire writers like you said. Will superman be seen as anything other than a superhero show for its audience by other audiences ? Would the stories be successful or well regarded as stories specifically designed for jourlism/famil drama ?
    This isn’t superman ip's main playing field. but, an added layer. Giving a layer more importance than the core is a mistake. Especially, in the current post-avengers world. I want superman to be seen as a cool kid of his class room, again. For that, Superhero audiences need to acknowledge him again. Right now, i think there is a section superhero audiences is indifferent to him.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Lol, Superman's altruism and hope doesn't extend to bad TV. The CW produces poor content on the cheap. I've seen enough to make an educated guess, this is even by the same production teams.

To be honest I think conflating Superman's moral compass for optimism about a television show has a lot to do with why the character is dwindling unfortunately.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-03-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think it comes down to "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me fifty-seven times..."

My particular doubt comes from the network. I just don't trust or like the CW much. They even made Archie an overly dramatic mess. I don't know, right now they're batting a 0 from me. I'll still give this a look, though. I'd always love to be wrong.
    Agreed about Archie. I read the showrunner for this show (Superman and Lois) was responsible for some of the bad The Flash seasons... At least get someone with a better track record. We went from Zack Snyder to something just as bad in a different way. Would love to be wrong, but the CW has a really bad record in my view. The writers very often have no idea what they are writing when it comes to actual reporting, politics or the law.