Page 24 of 149 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I don't have 'hope' with regards to any IP product. I love Superman quite a bit and feel he deserves to be quality, but I'm 100% going to say when he isn't. The 'hope' in the Superman character is about altruism and helping your fellow man, fighting the good fight with a better tomorrow in mind. That can't be applied to whether you're interested in a television show, or not.
    Why can't you apply hope and optimism to everything? I must have missed when that rule was established

Something to keep in mind is the Hoechlin Superman is the Cavill Superman 20 year later. So perhaps by then his attitude had changed, the worse was all behind him now. He had grown into the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Something to keep in mind is the Hoechlin Superman is the Cavill Superman 20 year later. So perhaps by then his attitude had changed, the worse was all behind him now. He had grown into the character.
    I haven’t really seen any evidence of that. You talking about him killing his Zod as well? Because that probably wasn’t his debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I haven’t really seen any evidence of that. You talking about him killing his Zod as well? Because that probably wasn’t his debut.
    I also think there was a mention that the public didn't immediately trust him at some point in season 1, but it was probably nowhere near the extent of Cavill's Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also think there was a mention that the public didn't immediately trust him at some point in season 1, but it was probably nowhere near the extent of Cavill's Superman.
    Interesting: I always thought that was a New52 reference (especially due to the N52 influences in the costume), not a DCEU reference.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Interesting: I always thought that was a New52 reference (especially due to the N52 influences in the costume), not a DCEU reference.
    Its a little bit of both.the Supergirl series was developed when DC/Warner's was leaning hard into the New 52/DCEU interpretation of Superman as being the general base version, so they borrowed the idea he killed Zod from the DCEU and that he was mistrusted at the beginning of his career from both N52 and DCEU. Of course at the time there were really no plans to fully feature him in the flesh on the show beyond a faceless cameo or a shot of his boots.

Oddly enough,in the few glimpses we saw of him in season one,it's pretty apparent he's wearing the classic suit,trunks and all.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Cavill's Superman was embraced pretty well at first. The reason for some of the tension in MOS was because his reveal was simultaneous with Zod's ultimatum, but he quickly won the military over and his first test as a hero resulted in the city of Metropolis building a monument to him. BvS is filled with references to the public's "love affair" with Superman, and the only people who initially mistrust him are people like Wallace, Bruce, and Lex. Their reasons for going after Superman are precisely because Superman is so beloved; they think the public's faith is misplaced and they want to kill him or expose him as a fraud, which are all fairly typical motivations for these characters. The public only starts to question Superman when Lex's plans are enacted in Africa, and even then the montage voice over and June Finch's actions portray the public as more introspective about how they interact with a being like Superman. A range of perspectives are represented with few, if any, being outright negative.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Cavill's Superman was embraced pretty well at first. The reason for some of the tension in MOS was because his reveal was simultaneous with Zod's ultimatum, but he quickly won the military over and his first test as a hero resulted in the city of Metropolis building a monument to him. BvS is filled with references to the public's "love affair" with Superman, and the only people who initially mistrust him are people like Wallace, Bruce, and Lex. Their reasons for going after Superman are precisely because Superman is so beloved; they think the public's faith is misplaced and they want to kill him or expose him as a fraud, which are all fairly typical motivations for these characters. The public only starts to question Superman when Lex's plans are enacted in Africa, and even then the montage voice over and June Finch's actions portray the public as more introspective about how they interact with a being like Superman. A range of perspectives are represented with few, if any, being outright negative.
    I dunno. Synder somehow always just makes everything seem so ambiguous, depressing, and melancholy to me even when there are references otherwise .

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Its a little bit of both.the Supergirl series was developed when DC/Warner's was leaning hard into the New 52/DCEU interpretation of Superman as being the general base version, so they borrowed the idea he killed Zod from the DCEU and that he was mistrusted at the beginning of his career from both N52 and DCEU. Of course at the time there were really no plans to fully feature him in the flesh on the show beyond a faceless cameo or a shot of his boots.

Oddly enough,in the few glimpses we saw of him in season one,it's pretty apparent he's wearing the classic suit,trunks and all.
    Oh, ok. And are you sure about the trunks? I did freeze-frame on the "blur" scenes when he comes in, and I saw a red belt, but no trunks.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I dunno. Synder somehow always just makes everything seem so ambiguous, depressing, and melancholy to me even when there are references otherwise .
    I think it's because all the stuff you listed is much more pervasive that even when the references are noticeable, it's like "oh god, who the hell cares?"

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Oh, ok. And are you sure about the trunks? I did freeze-frame on the "blur" scenes when he comes in, and I saw a red belt, but no trunks.
    Pretty sure you’re right. But in MOS1979’ defense it was mentioned at one point that he used to wear trunks in his early days.

This. Depressing, bleak and too melancholy and lacking enough joy is why Snyder's Superman was not very popular with the masses.

IMO, to most people Superman represents justice, kindness, power and yes lots of joy and positivity.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

From COEI.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

From COEI.
    Neat!! Thanks for sharing!

And I know it's just the lighting, but Tyler reminds me a lot of Jose Delgado in this shot.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

From COEI.
    Nice. Thanks for that.