Page 32 of 149 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Nice! Hope this does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Superman & Lois has now been ordered straight-to-series rather than waiting on a pilot. (Along with Walker, Texas Ranger, so I guess also congrats to anybody here who was on pins and needles waiting for that one.)
    I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work, but can we just appreciate how amazing it is to have Superman and Supergirl both headlining their own shows on the same network?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work, but can we just appreciate how amazing it is to have Superman and Supergirl both headlining their own shows on the same network?
    Yep. It's pretty awesome. I like Tyler. I like Elizabeth. I love Cryer's Lex. A new updated version of Lois and Clark with a bit of the Rebirth vibe and more of the classic villains can work.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yep. It's pretty awesome. I like Tyler. I like Elizabeth. I love Cryer's Lex. A new updated version of Lois and Clark with a bit of the Rebirth vibe and more of the classic villains can work.
    Yeah, I need serial stalker Parasite in my life. He can be absolutely terrifying in the right hands and I think TV would be a great venue to reinvent the dude. He's one Superman villain I genuinely believe has untapped potential to be A-List.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

The big Superman status quo changes of relevance spinning out of Crisis:

spoilers:
    * Post-Crisis alterations to his world include Lex now being a respected public figure and owner of the DEO (though he's still a bastard behind the scenes because he remembers pre-Crisis), Superman and Supergirl being on the same Earth as Flash and company (though apparently Green Arrow was the first superhero), and rather than one baby, Clark and Lois have two sons.

* Superman's now part of the Justice League along with Supergirl, Flash, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Martian Manhunter, and White Canary, operating out of the Hall of Justice.

* Earth-96 not only survived the Crisis but has been at least slightly altered - Brandon Routh Superman is not only alive and therefore available for further appearances if so desired, but his costume has a yellow s-shield now, suggesting his history has changed and Lois and everybody else at the Planet will likely still be alive if he shows up again.
    end of spoilers
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The big Superman status quo changes of relevance spinning out of Crisis:

spoilers:
    rather than one baby, Clark and Lois have two sons.

end of spoilers
    This seemed like the most important reveal to me, I really wonder who this second kid will be. Is this their way of introducing conner/kon into the CW verse? Though when we first got casting details, wans't their another kid that sounded like he was damian wayne? I wonder if they are just going to make this damian wayne type character the other son they have, so they don't have to tie into the batman universe at all.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think, what they are going to do is focus on the kids and family aspect. People who want a genuine superman show might be disappointed. Supergirl is more likely that show.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think, what they are going to do is focus on the kids and family aspect. People who want a genuine superman show might be disappointed. Supergirl is more likely that show.
    It's a Superman show, it has Superman in the title and stars Superman. So obviously it's going to involve Superman doing Superman things, though obviously with focus on the family. I think Black Lightning is a good example of this, it does focus on Family things, and his kids, but also has a nice balance of heroics as well, which makes it enjoyable. I imagine this show will be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It's a Superman show, it has Superman in the title and stars Superman. So obviously it's going to involve Superman doing Superman things, though obviously with focus on the family. I think Black Lightning is a good example of this, it does focus on Family things, and his kids, but also has a nice balance of heroics as well, which makes it enjoyable. I imagine this show will be similar.
    Sure enough, superman will be saving people. But, the focus will be on parents-sons relationship and clois romance stuff.I need more than that to be a genuine superman show. Superman isn't protrayed as that much important as hero. The show wants you to be excited for the kids and lois. I abundantly got that from the crossover. This superman isn't something that excites me. I don't even feel like he is superman. Just a guy with powers like superman.You need more than that to impress me. I am genuinely intrigued by the kids, though . And that's their intention, they succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Sure enough, superman will be saving people. But, the focus will be on parents-sons relationship and clois romance stuff.I need more than that to be a genuine superman show. Superman isn't protrayed as that much important as hero. The show wants you to be excited for the kids and lois. I abundantly got that from the crossover. This superman isn't something that excites me. I don't even feel like he is superman. Just a guy with powers like superman.You need more than that to impress me. I am genuinely intrigued by the kids, though . And that's their intention, they succeeded.
    I thought focus on Family was something everyone enjoyed? Is that not why Rebirth Superman had such good reception, compared to New 52? is that not the status quo everyone wants back after Jon got aged up?

I also expect the heroics to play as big a part in this series as the family, since at the end of the day this isn't going to be a show about some regular family, this is Superman we're talking about. Obviously with a family but still Superman, there can definitely be a balance like Black Lightning, where you can focus on his family life, but not undermine the heroics. As for Hoechlin, I'm going to wait and see how he does in the series before writing him off as so many have. People seemingly forget he's been a guest star until now, so he hasn't had as much time with the character, compared to other live action versions, who have had way more screen time.
    Last edited by GSman; 01-15-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I thought focus on Family was something everyone enjoyed? Is that not why Rebirth Superman had such good reception, compared to New 52? is that not the status quo everyone wants back after Jon got aged up?

I also expect the heroics to play as big a part in this series as the family, since at the end of the day this isn't going to be a show about some regular family, this is Superman we're talking about. Obviously with a family but still Superman, there can definitely be a balance like Black Lightning, where you can focus on his family life, but not undermine the heroics. As for Hoechlin, I'm going to wait and see how he does in the series before writing him off as so many have. People seemingly forget he's been a guest star until now, so he hasn't had as much time with the character, compared to other live action versions, who have had way more screen time.
    It is. I loved that. But superman being mundane is not something that excites me at all. Superman being mentor to superkids is interesting premise. If that's how the show is then fine. And that scene with superman and the baby just sent the wrong message for me. But, i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This seemed like the most important reveal to me, I really wonder who this second kid will be. Is this their way of introducing conner/kon into the CW verse? Though when we first got casting details, wans't their another kid that sounded like he was damian wayne? I wonder if they are just going to make this damian wayne type character the other son they have, so they don't have to tie into the batman universe at all.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's some variant of Chris Kent/Lor-Zod, so he's adopted and they can do the reveal he's really Zod's son at some point.

I still think it’s more likely to be a take on Damian. They obviously are aiming for more interconnection between the shows now and with Bruce “missing” for years in Batwoman it gives them the out that Damian would end up with his closest friend (discounting Alfred and since there’s no other Robins that we’ve seen).

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I still think it’s more likely to be a take on Damian. They obviously are aiming for more interconnection between the shows now and with Bruce “missing” for years in Batwoman it gives them the out that Damian would end up with his closest friend (discounting Alfred and since there’s no other Robins that we’ve seen).
    Hadn't thought of the idea that they might make Damian Jon's actual adopted brother. That'd be a fascinating take on things. And that would sort of make Batman to this Superman show what Superman was to the Supergirl show. That leaves them a cross generational World's Finest sized thing to look forward to down the line. That'd be cool.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hadn't thought of the idea that they might make Damian Jon's actual adopted brother. That'd be a fascinating take on things. And that would sort of make Batman to this Superman show what Superman was to the Supergirl show. That leaves them a cross generational World's Finest sized thing to look forward to down the line. That'd be cool.
    If it happens. Then may god have mercy on Clark's soul, lol!!! Damian is a handful. How on earth is clark going to handle that?