Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Just occurred to me that they boys are named after Clark's adopted father and his biological father

The show seems to essentially be splitting the comic version of Jon Kent in two, and then upscaling both parts.

Also, for those interested Jon's actor is 19 years old in real life, so that's like a 'soft' 13 on screen. I wouldn't be surprised if the show opens with them being closer to 15 or 16.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Just occurred to me that they boys are named after Clark's adopted father and his biological father

The show seems to essentially be splitting the comic version of Jon Kent in two, and then upscaling both parts.

Also, for those interested Jon's actor is 19 years old in real life, so that's like a 'soft' 13 on screen. I wouldn't be surprised if the show opens with them being closer to 15 or 16.
    Maybe it's a more literal split and they're going to adapt a version Reborn with Jor El coming in to reunify them. A "Crisis" did just make two where the was originally one Superkid.

BANNED

The one kid is 19 years old and way, way too old to convincingly play their son. The other kid is 12. They are supposed to be twins.

Not only does this make absolutely no sense at all but I’m honestly uncomfortable with asking a 12 year old—a legit child—to try and pretend to be the same age as a 19 year old.

I was so excited for this show and I’m trying hard to keep an open mind. But between this and the inclusion of Lana Lang as a series regular coupled with Clark being fired from the Planet....my enthusiasm for this show has plummeted.

Astonishing Member

19?!? That's too old!

BANNED

Right but the other kid is only 12. A 12 year old should not be trying to be 16 on screen.

Let’s really hope that they aren’t twins but this just does not work at all.

Astonishing Member

Does it say somewhere that the boys are actually twins or people just assumed?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    19?!? That's too old!
    Yeah. He’s too old. Way too old to be paired with a 12 year old.

This is a colossal misfire.

BANNED

Does it say somewhere that the boys are actually twins or people just assumed?
    I’m almost positive the leak said they were twins. I can’t fathom how that’s possible with these ages.

It’s extremely unfair to the actual 12 year old.

As someone who happens to have a twin, even if you're not identical, you'd probably have more resemblence to each other than that. Weird casting. Maybe there will be a twist where one turns out to be adopted.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Right but the other kid is only 12. A 12 year old should not be trying to be 16 on screen.

Let’s really hope that they aren’t twins but this just does not work at all.
    Then I guess that discretion was wrong, and they're not twins. Simple as that. Jordan was just born a little later.

Or maybe because Jon described as being "on his way to being a physical specimen", he actually is 13, and they're twins, but Jon's just huge for his age?

Makes sense with the brains and brawn dynamic they have going on.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Unless i missread, one article said Jon was 13 but about to start varsity football. I'm not American but that seems incorrect to me because one, he'd be too young. So perhaps Jon same age as he is in comics and Jordan is the 13yr old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    As someone who happens to have a twin, even if you're not identical, you'd probably have more resemblence to each other than that. Weird casting. Maybe there will be a twist where one turns out to be adopted.
    I keep hoping that Jordan will be revealed to be Chris.

BANNED

Unless i missread, one article said Jon was 13 but about to start varsity football. I'm not American but that seems incorrect to me because one, he'd be too young. So perhaps Jon same age as he is in comics and Jordan is the 13yr old.
    You can play varsity at the junior high level as an 8th grader. But it’s definitely middle school age.

The official announcement says they are "believed" to be twins. Which is kinda a weird way to announce them.

BANNED

Then I guess that discretion was wrong, and they're not twins. Simple as that. Jordan was just born a little later.

Or maybe because Jon described as being "on his way to being a physical specimen", he actually is 13, and they're twins, but Jon's just huge for his age?

Makes sense with the brains and brawn dynamic they have going on.
    Right but this isn’t just an issue of physicality.

A 12 year old is still a literal child. Not even in high school. Asking a 12 year old kid to play opposite a 19 year old presents all sorts of issues that are not remotely fair to him. This was not the way to establish that one of the boys is a “physical specimen.”

It sets a literal kid up as not measuring up against almost a grown man. That’s gross.