Page 40 of 149 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Maybe it's a more literal split and they're going to adapt a version Reborn with Jor El coming in to reunify them. A "Crisis" did just make two where the was originally one Superkid.
    I can't really see that being the case. They're going for a pretty obvious brains/brawn dynamic with the boys, and that's a dichotomy that permeates the whole of the Superman myth from Krypton/Earth, Lex/Superman, and even Lois/Clark.

Like their parents, I'm guessing the idea/message is going to be that the Super Sons are stronger as a team. Check out the cartoon Gravity Falls for a very similar idea (it's also an excitement show that everyone should watch.)
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    As someone who happens to have a twin, even if you're not identical, you'd probably have more resemblence to each other than that. Weird casting. Maybe there will be a twist where one turns out to be adopted.
    Some fraternal twins don't look alike at all, so this wouldn't be outside of realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Right but this isn’t just an issue of physicality.
    They could just not be twins/the same age. Then he'd just be his little brother.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    They could just not be twins/the same age. Then he'd just be his little brother.
    I mean, let’s hope so? Asking a 12 year old and a 19 year old to play twins legitimately is gross to me as a Mom. It’s setting that kid up from the start with a disadvantage and i don’t care for that at all.

Astonishing Member

I can't really see that being the case. They're going for a pretty obvious brains/brawn dynamic with the boys, and that's a dichotomy that permeates the whole of the Superman myth from Krypton/Earth, Lex/Superman, and even Lois/Clark.

Like their parents, I'm guessing the idea/message is going to be that the Super Sons are stronger as a team. Check out the cartoon Gravity Falls for a very similar idea (it's also an excitement show that everyone should watch.)
    There might be a little friendly competition between the boys but i do believe they'll drive this particular point home

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Some fraternal twins don't look alike at all, so this wouldn't be outside of realism.
    mine's identical so he looks just like me, only ever so slightly less devilishly handsome. But from what I've seen of fraternal twins, and they aren't even always the same gender, but I think there's usually more resemblence than the average sibling.

BANNED

mine's identical so he looks just like me, only ever so slightly less devilishly handsome. But from what I've seen of fraternal twins, and they aren't even always the same gender, but I think there's usually more resemblence than the average sibling.
    Fraternal twins have no more genetically in common than any other set of brothers. They don’t share an egg. It’s two separate eggs.

It's a reach I'll admit. But with the possibility of Jor El being the "villain," the "believed to be twins" as part of their official announcement, the fact that he was actually 1 kid before a Universe reset, and the way CW shows mine general concepts from the comics, I'm not writing it off completely.

Gravity Falls is one piece of pop culture my kids actually introduced me to, they've binged it 4 or 5 times over the years and we all have watched together. It is fantastic. I tried to get a family Halloween theme with Grunkle Stan, Dipper, Mabel & Wendy last year.

I mean, let’s hope so? Asking a 12 year old and a 19 year old to play twins legitimately is gross to me as a Mom. It’s setting that kid up from the start with a disadvantage and i don’t care for that at all.
    Only reason anyone thought/said twins was because of the oddly worded leak. The older brother/younger brother dynamic is the most likely given us physically seeing the actors. But I agree, it'd be a really creepy move.

I'm also betting they went with two different ages for the two different versions of Jon Kent in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Yes there's some resemblance but for a TV show, they are really beholden to that. They sure could have cast actors with the similarly features but i don't think it's always a must. The contrast is likely intentional.

BANNED

I’ll say a positive....the younger kid is extremely well spoken and sweet on his instagram. Seems like a great kid.

The 19 year old seems....well....19. LOL. And I’ll leave it at that.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Where did you read that Garfin is 12? From his bio, he appears to be 14/15 ("As a 5 year old, Alex had an uncredited but important role in the movie, Salt (2010)"): https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3476372/

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    There might be a little friendly competition between the boys but i do believe they'll drive this particular point home
    I'm expecting full on envy on the part of Jordan, and the character arc being them coming together as brothers. I fully expect them to adapt some version of the Super Sons of Tomorrow arc using either Jordan or Jon in the place of comic Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's a reach I'll admit. But with the possibility of Jor El being the "villain," the "believed to be twins" as part of their official announcement, the fact that he was actually 1 kid before a Universe reset, and the way CW shows mine general concepts from the comics, I'm not writing it off completely.
    You're not even wrong. I'll keep a mental note of this.

Gravity Falls is one piece of pop culture my kids actually introduced me to, they've binged it 4 or 5 times over the years and we all have watched together. It is fantastic. I tried to get a family Halloween theme with Grunkle Stan, Dipper, Mabel & Wendy last year.
    Ha! That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Where did you read that Garfin is 12? From his bio, he appears to be 14/15 ("As a 5 year old, Alex had an uncredited but important role in the movie, Salt (2010)"): https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3476372/
    Huh. That makes more sense.

Astonishing Member

I love Jon Kent, I really do but I have a soft spot for nerds so this Jordan kid may just win me over before the show even airs.