Page 41 of 149 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Where did you read that Garfin is 12? From his bio, he appears to be 14/15 ("As a 5 year old, Alex had an uncredited but important role in the movie, Salt (2010)"): https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3476372/
    When you google him it says 12. But maybe that’s wrong? Let’s hope so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I love Jon Kent, I really do but I have a soft spot for nerds so this Jordan kid may just win me over before the show even airs.
    If you look at his Instagram, the kid is extremely well spoken and I like him already. He seems sweet.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I love Jon Kent, I really do but I have a soft spot for nerds so this Jordan kid may just win me over before the show even airs.
    I have to imagine that's why Jordan was created. Jon, as we've known him in comics, makes his bread and butter off the fact that he actually is as kind, earnest, and good as you'd imagine Superman's kid would be. And his main issue boils down to "am I good enough to live up to the world's best person?" And it works really well for him.

But CW drama's aren't really built off just that, right? So they basically made an original character that takes the basic concpet of Jon, but then downplays and amplifies aspects till they have something new, and something that speaks to a different crowd of people.

Honestly I'm not the least bit surprised, and I'm looking forward to how the approach Jordan alongside Jon.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-05-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    When you google him it says 12. But maybe that’s wrong? Let’s hope so.
    Googling him, it says "Alexander was born on 2005 in Manhattan, New York USA..Alexander is one of the famous and trending celeb who is popular for being a Actor. As of 2018 Alexander Garfin is 12 years years old"

His age wasn't updated.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-05-2020 at 01:57 PM.

So these boys are 15 and 19... I wonder if they're playing two years younger than their actual ages? That would match the comics. Jon's 17, and Damian, whose role Jordan seems to be taking, is 13.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Whatever they do i hope the don't change jon to fit with the cw show. Then again, adult jon isn't that enjoyable. So, they woukd only be ruining something that's been dragged through the mud. Hey! At the very least they publishing stuff with kid jon. He is in as much demand as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So these boys are 15 and 19... I wonder if they're playing two years younger than their actual ages? That would match the comics. Jon's 17, and Damian, whose role Jordan seems to be taking, is 13.
    I think the casting call says that they're both playing around 14.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I keep hoping that Jordan will be revealed to be Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The official announcement says they are "believed" to be twins. Which is kinda a weird way to announce them.
    Maybe Clark and Lois try to pass them off as siblings to hide Jordan's true parentage.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Clark and Lois try to pass them off as siblings to hide Jordan's true parentage.
    That would be a twist. If that is what's happening. Then i think jordan might be lex's son.

You know, if Jordan ends up being Zod's son then it should be noted that in the CW's universe Clark legitimately killed the boy's biological father.

That in and of itself is a pretty easy lay up for some story (and angst for the already moody Jordan), but it's also an opportunity for the CW DCU show's favorite pass-time: critiquing the DCEU using it's most commonly expressed shortcomings. They'd be able essentially devote a whole arc to Clark's stance on what he had to do, and what he now feels about it.

And on Jordan's part, there's room to maybe even play with the idea of Phantom Zone based powers similar to what Lor-Zod had pre-new52. I just personally find it very unlikely that we'll have three powered up kryptonians on the show as regulars. And if it's not some variation of powers like TK or something, then I could see Jordan being a super genius.

I'd be surprised if the CW could resist having Clark have the adoption talk with one of his sons.

Whatever the case is with Jordan, I'm getting a sense that they may want to somewhat recreate aspects of a fairly traditional kid Clark/kid Lex dynamic. But likely with a happier ending for the bothers in question. I wouldn't at all be surprised if a plot point is that there's a possible future where Jordan is Jon's greatest foe.

Astonishing Member

I hope they do a variation of powers. Jon can keep his typical Kryptonian set. Jordan has to occupy his own space and the show could at least play down the competitiveness between the siblings by not having the other son literally be the lesser of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe after Crisis Mehcad Brooks became John Henry Irons ?
    I think Mehcad Brooks is pretty much done with the CW.

Some fraternal twins don't look alike at all, so this wouldn't be outside of realism.
    On The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon, Sheldon and Missy Cooper are twins and they look nothing alike.

Anyone else think that there's a strong possibility that this show will be getting to Superman outing himself as Clark Kent?

I just found it really interesting that we start with Clark out of work and being a stay-at-home dad. To me, that feels like it could somewhat mirror a combination of Lois and Clark's POVs in Action 1004 and Superman 17 and 18. By that I mean, how Lois had that moment where she was like "for the first time in a really long time my kid doesn't need me", and Clark in 17 and 18 thinking about what he needed as a young man vs what he needs now as an older one. And this would be the age where the boys are really starting to form into their own people independent of their parents. Note: I'm not guessing this will happen in the very near future, but rather that it'll just happen at some point. And I'm also not saying that he does this out of the blue or without talking to his family. The season would have to be set up for it.

I mean, the way I see it, we've had both parts of this at different times with Lois & Clark and Smallville, and the Supergirl show is unfortunately picking all of the recognizable milestones that a Superman show would normally have clean. Getting to a point where Superman outs himself and then having the show run from there would most certainly separate this distinguish this show from Supergirl, Smallville, and L&C.

Plus, it would give Clark his own thing in this show separate from being a dad or husband. It would also be a well of potential stories for the rest of the cast, and it wouldn't spill over into Supergirl because her civilian identity isn't related to Clark's. She specifically says that she knows him through Jimmy.

And if they idea is to leave the reporting aspects of the myth to Lois (because again, they insisted on having Kara be the Super reporter of the family) then maybe some version of "President Superman" or the United Planets can be a thing as the second job Clark has?

Only thing I want this show or any future superman adaptation to take from Bendis’s run is for Rogol Zar to make a 20 second cameo, in which he rants about destroying krypton and being the bestest most important villain ever. Only to get shot in the back of the head by Jon Cryer’s Lex Luthor and die.
    Clark endangering his friends and family just to “get something off his chest” hell no. At least not how the current comic’s are doing it.

Well, I really dig how it's being done in the comics, so guess I disagree. But anyways, Bendis did say that this new normal was a "forever thing", and that the choice has been backed directly by the big heads at WB. So what better way to make this the standard for Superman than to showcase it on prime-time TV?

Hell, the show's even called "Superman & Lois" already.