Page 5 of 149 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

We're really not gonna get a Superman movie now bruh.

This sucks. Whole premise feels like some wacky raising kids show with basic Superman trappings. A Superman show on paper would be dope but a 22 episode run on the CW? It's already over fam. This is an L

Edit: Ok I'll try to be more optimistic since I don't want to be a complete buzzkill. It's probably good that there is actually a Superman on TV since more exposure is good for the character. Not the kind of premise I care for at all but it's probably better than nothing. Really hope this doesn't kill dude's chance of returning to the big screen and tell the epic kind of stories he deserves. I dipped from CW shows around the start of Flash season 4 so I accept I'm not really the target audience for these shows.

But man, it is crazy how much Marvel is lapping DC in other media. DC is getting all these cheap shows when Marvel is getting ready to drop millions of dollars on big budget MCU limited series on Disney+. If it were something of that caliber, I'd be thrilled but again.. CW
    Last edited by The Kid; 10-28-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Lol we were never getting another Superman movie anytime soon. Cavill was done, only the die hards thought there was a chance in hell of him coming back. At least this way we’re getting some Superman content that will reach the mass market. I’ll take this, honestly this forum is way too negative about this iteration of Supes. Give it a chance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    We're really not gonna get a Superman movie now bruh.

This sucks. Whole premise feels like some wacky raising kids show with basic Superman trappings. A Superman show on paper would be dope but a 22 episode run on the CW? It's already over fam. This is an L
    Yeah, Superman is screwed. WB refuses to do the IP right. I'm so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol we were never getting another Superman movie anytime soon. Cavill was done, only the die hards thought there was a chance in hell of him coming back. At least this way we’re getting some Superman content that will reach the mass market. I’ll take this, honestly this forum is way too negative about this iteration of Supes. Give it a chance guys.
    Yeah I've kinda chilled on it. That was just my initial reaction to the news lol. It's not for me but a show featuring Superman as lead character itself will not hurt him overall and will cultivate fans just like Smallville did even though that show also wasn't my thing.

But the lack of movie plans really stinks. And it has to do with WB's own medicority in handling the character. Just throw money at JJ Abrams and let him get it done lol. I don't find the dude a particularly inspired choice or a great director but he's a crowd pleaser for sure.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't forget the "up, up!" at the end there .
    Nuts, forgot about that since it was under the PS; didn't include that since it doesn't work without the pictures.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    But man, it is crazy how much Marvel is lapping DC in other media. DC is getting all these cheap shows when Marvel is getting ready to drop millions of dollars on big budget MCU limited series on Disney+. If it were something of that caliber, I'd be thrilled but again.. CW
    They're probably saving that kind of stuff for HBOMax.

Wake me when Marvel does an animated duology on par with Death/Reign.

Well, the reaction on this forum is about what I expected .

In all seriousness, I think this show will allow Hoechlin's Superman to shine in a way he hasn't in the past now that he doesn't have to be used as a supporting character to Kara. Even the parent deal won't get in the way of the fact that he's the main character in my opinion. And Jon might be at an age where they can't do very much with him unless they time skip to him being a teenager.

I do wonder what they will do with it beyond "Lois and Clark tackle a case/parent issue of the week" since Supergirl has already established several iconic Superman villains (including Lex). Will they be able to differentiate enough from Kara's show? I guess they can re-establish Zod, they haven't done anything with Brainaic yet, and maybe Mongul?

It's a shame they can't reboot Jimmy for this, but I guess we'll finally get to see Arrowverse Perry White? I'm curious what the supporting cast might look like.

I wonder if they'd eventually do a season adapting Death/Reign.
    Lex was established as his nemesis, so it's likely that he'd carry over. They also burned through Manchester Black and the Elite, along with Parasite and Livewire. But that leaves them Brainiac, Zod, Mongul, they could use the Invisible Mafia as well. Doomsday hasn't been touch and Death & Return hasn't been alluded to either. I'd be shocked if they didn't pull that in. Mxy they could reuse and recast as well given his nature in the show. And the version of Parasite they used was an alien so they could always go a more traditional route. Intergang or Cadums could come back into play. They used Henshaw already, but they could rework that as well into a more traditional take if they were to do Reign at some point.

Astonishing Member

Oh hey, this is probably going to be set after Crisis so they can probably alter continuity a bit once the worlds merge. Maybe to the point where they can believably recast people.
    They probably will.

They're probably saving that kind of stuff for HBOMax.

Wake me when Marvel does an animated duology on par with Death/Reign.
    To be fair to DC, I have heard very good things about Doom Patrol which I have yet to see. But this MCU run of SW and Vision, Falcon and WS, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight is going to be a killer. Movie-caliber TV series are the next wave. Agree about the animated movies but those have a much smaller scope than live action counterparts

Astonishing Member

That's depressing.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Great news. Hoechlin is amazing as Clark and I like Tulloch's Lois. It's a shame that the show will probably have an infant Jon instead of Jon as a 10-year-old. I hope it balances the family drama with Superman fighting villains.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Looks like Dispenser of Truth's Morrison style chaos magic rituals finally payed off.

I'm more than game to finally start watching one of these again. Plus, it'll be pretty dope to see Jon get some real media exposure.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So, is this something I should watch Supergirl's TV series in it's entirety, or just the Clark|Superman centered episodes, in order to prepare myself?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crabble View Post
    So, is this something I should watch Supergirl's TV series in it's entirety, or just the Clark|Superman centered episodes, in order to prepare myself?
    After the first half or so of S1, I only watch the Superman episodes and am not lesser for it. You might want to watch the Lex episodes, should Cryer make it into the new show, hopefully he does. With the upcoming crossiver, much of what has come before could be up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    After the first half or so of S1, I only watch the Superman episodes and am not lesser for it. You might want to watch the Lex episodes, should Cryer make it into the new show, hopefully he does. With the upcoming crossiver, much of what has come before could be up in the air.
    Okay, thank you for the suggestions.