Page 56 of 149 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    They were very adamant about his character being "James". Maybe he has a kid cousin named "Jimmy". Preferably a younger dork type.

Sometimes these shows misname characters. Winn absolutely should have been Jimmy. There's barely a problem with making Toyman his estranged dad since the classic comic take on his dad works.

James could have been Ron Troupe or Jose Delgado or John Henry Irons or even an unusually sympathetic Steve Lombard. Or some Dick Malverne reinvention.
    Ron Troupe would have been a much better idea, as it would give the character a much needed spotlight that he rarely gets in the comics and it would have fit the character they clearly wanted to depict.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Ron Troupe would have been a much better idea, as it would give the character a much needed spotlight that he rarely gets in the comics and it would have fit the character they clearly wanted to depict.
    Brooks was more of a John Henry Irons type. Considering they ended up making Jimmy a vigilante with a grey suit anyways and his sister was a lesbian (like Natasha Irons)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Perhaps, but Jimmy is better known and is more established as a good friend of Clark Kent. And they wanted to shake things up by making Jimmy a black man. Bringing on some little known character that is already black
    wouldn't have gotten the same amount of publicity.
    Plus The Flash had already established that Ron Troupe lived on Earth-1 in the episode "The Man in the Yellow Suit." And they probably didn't want to create an Earth-38 doppelganger of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Brooks was more of a John Henry Irons type. Considering they ended up making Jimmy a vigilante with a grey suit anyways and his sister was a lesbian (like Natasha Irons)...
    Problem with John Henry is he isn't a journalist and doesn't have all that close a connection to Clark Kent. So how would Kara even interact with him?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Perhaps, but Jimmy is better known and is more established as a good friend of Clark Kent. And they wanted to shake things up by making Jimmy a black man. Bringing on some little known character that is already black
    wouldn't have gotten the same amount of publicity.
    Plus The Flash had already established that Ron Troupe lived on Earth-1 in the episode "The Man in the Yellow Suit." And they probably didn't want to create an Earth-38 doppelganger of him.

Problem with John Henry is he isn't a journalist and doesn't have all that close a connection to Clark Kent. So how would Kara even interact with him?
    Maybe John Henry creates tech for her.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

Their gonna have to recast the boys if this gets delayed too long

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Their gonna have to recast the boys if this gets delayed too long
    Pretty sure it will get going in a few more months. The question we need to ask is what will they do if this series lasts 6 or 8 seasons like Flash or Arrow.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My guess is it will come out next year, not this year. Maybe a January release. They've lost too much film time unless they plan to really rush things. Which seems unwise but not unheard of.
    Assassinate Putin!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Pretty sure it will get going in a few more months. The question we need to ask is what will they do if this series lasts 6 or 8 seasons like Flash or Arrow.
    Casting the boys so relatively old from the start, I think they already had moving them from high school during the show in mind. And like Smallville you can have the boys pay "seniors in high school" for a surprisingly long time. But, like I said at the top, I imagine they planned the show being okay with, if not anticipating, the boys being young adults in college at some point. This is in contrast to something like Stranger Things where they cast very young because the point is to squeeze as much time out of them being actual children as possible and then end the show (which they are).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think the Black Lightning show as the easy point of reference given the age of Jeff’s kids in that. Granted that show benefited from having an older guy as BL.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think the Black Lightning show as the easy point of reference given the age of Jeff’s kids in that. Granted that show benefited from having an older guy as BL.
    Isn't Superman about the same age as Black Lightning? (The character, not the actor) And I would guess Lois Lane isn't all that much younger than Cat Grant as both were working at the Daily Planet about the same time.

Isn't Superman about the same age as Black Lightning? (The character, not the actor) And I would guess Lois Lane isn't all that much younger than Cat Grant as both were working at the Daily Planet about the same time.
    Yeah, it’s his kryptonian biology.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Yeah, it’s his kryptonian biology.
    By my rough calculation, Kara was trapped in the Phantom Zone for 24 years. So Clark was 24 when Kara arrived on Earth. The Supergirl show picks up 11 years later. So in season 1 Superman would be
    around 35 years old. Supergirl is now in the 5th season so Clark would now be 40 years old assuming each season of Supergirl represents a year.
    Okay I found out that Jefferson was born September 12, 1974, so Jefferson is 45 years old, 5 years older than Clark. So not a huge difference in age between Clark and Jefferson.

I just noticed that Superman's shield is the first to appear when they show the table and chairs. Nice. Showing some needed respect. Then it's the Bat and the Flash. Anyone noticed?

I liked Barry's expression when Superman talks to him (still can't understand what Clark says), but I'm not sure why Barry seems like a Superman fanboy in this universe. I know Gustin adores Supes, but the Flash first knew Supergirl... You mean he still likes Superman more? why? What has he done in this universe to get such respect?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I just noticed that Superman's shield is the first to appear when they show the table and chairs. Nice. Showing some needed respect. Then it's the Bat and the Flash. Anyone noticed?

I liked Barry's expression when Superman talks to him (still can't understand what Clark says), but I'm not sure why Barry seems like a Superman fanboy in this universe. I know Gustin adores Supes, but the Flash first knew Supergirl... You mean he still likes Superman more? why? What has he done in this universe to get such respect?

He was impressed by Superman even back when the universes were split and they met the first time at the farm, and they have the memories of the combined universe as well as the prior one. So probably all the same things that made all the DEO people treat him with awe when he showed up the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

Prime Clark probably saved the world a bunch of times. That and yeah, Grant Gustin's inner Superman fan was probably leaking out, lol. The real question is why the heck were they all so exited by a table? By their reactions, you'd think Flash had bought them all tickets to Disneyworld.