Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Lex was established as his nemesis, so it's likely that he'd carry over. They also burned through Manchester Black and the Elite, along with Parasite and Livewire. But that leaves them Brainiac, Zod, Mongul, they could use the Invisible Mafia as well. Doomsday hasn't been touch and Death & Return hasn't been alluded to either. I'd be shocked if they didn't pull that in. Mxy they could reuse and recast as well given his nature in the show. And the version of Parasite they used was an alien so they could always go a more traditional route. Intergang or Cadums could come back into play. They used Henshaw already, but they could rework that as well into a more traditional take if they were to do Reign at some point.
    I could honestly see Mxy changing his look for Clark since he probably has completely different intentions with him then he did with Kara.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    To be fair to DC, I have heard very good things about Doom Patrol which I have yet to see. But this MCU run of SW and Vision, Falcon and WS, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight is going to be a killer. Movie-caliber TV series are the next wave. Agree about the animated movies but those have a much smaller scope than live action counterparts
    I think DC is getting there. Krypton for a Cable show looked pretty great and spinoffs for that are rumored for HBOMax.

I was already excited when i heard Clark and Lois were getting a show (even though I havent actually seen a single CW show) but now that I'm hearing it may be based on Rebirth Superman, I am fucking OVERJOYED

Quote Originally Posted by Crabble View Post
    So, is this something I should watch Supergirl's TV series in it's entirety, or just the Clark|Superman centered episodes, in order to prepare myself?
    Episodes 1 and 2 of Supergirl season 2 and the last cross-over, Elseworlds, will probably suffice in setting you up to know this Superman. Episode 22 of Supergirl season 2 just pisses a lot of people off and really doesn't add that much
    to the character so you could probably skip that one. Those are the only Superman appearances I can think of, excluding the shadow figure and boots on a table in season 1 of Supergirl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crabble View Post
    Okay, thank you for the suggestions.
    Sorry, I meant to say I stopped watching SG after only a handful of episodes in S1. Superman actually shows up, face and all in a couple of episodes from S2. Watch the previous and upcoming crossovers for more extensive stuff.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If Cryer's Lex carries over, it will totally be worth it. I think they killed off their universe's version of Zod. IDK about the others. I'd love to see him take on Parasite.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Really feels like some people are just trying to go full doom and gloom, I mean the Flash got a show and he's still showed up in the movies, Batman is showing up in Titans there's that Pennyworth spinoff and Batwoman, but a Batman movie is still happening, point is the show is not a death kneel for the idea of Superman showing up in films.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're probably saving that kind of stuff for HBOMax.

Wake me when Marvel does an animated duology on par with Death/Reign.
    That has pretty nothing to do with what he said but ok.

Astonishing Member

Securing Cryer will definitely work in the show's favour. He won't even need to feature heavily, but having him reprise his Lex for this Superman should be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Episodes 1 and 2 of Supergirl season 2 and the last cross-over, Elseworlds, will probably suffice in setting you up to know this Superman. Episode 22 of Supergirl season 2 just pisses a lot of people off and really doesn't add that much
    to the character so you could probably skip that one. Those are the only Superman appearances I can think of, excluding the shadow figure and boots on a table in season 1 of Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Sorry, I meant to say I stopped watching SG after only a handful of episodes in S1. Superman actually shows up, face and all in a couple of episodes from S2. Watch the previous and upcoming crossovers for more extensive stuff.
    Okay. I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Controversial, sizzling hot take: it is a good thing that there is going to be a consistently good live action Superman thing for the first time since the 1950s.

Feed me your hate.
    LOL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    I'll give you 10 bucks if this ends up better than Smallville.
    Hmmm... define "better". You're probably right, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    At this point I do feel his getting erased entirely would be best for the Superman lore. I really do. It has more problems than Jon but he has become by far the biggest in my mind, especially knowing what's coming. I mean in some months time this guy is going to BE Superman. As part of a long-term initiative. I consider that a threat to the real deal. Now you know, maybe it works out entirely different than what's in my head, and it'll turn out I overreacted. And if it does, all I can say is won't be the first time. I'll have a laugh about it and say I was wrong just as I have so many other times. But until I know for sure, I'm hella nervous and consider it a big problem with Jon at the forefront of the current problems.
    There's no way 5G sticks. It might just end up being a fancy version of the "Beyond" universe eventually (the only way I see it sticking at all), but if we got the trunks back, we're not losing Clark. And even if we do, it won't be for long. I would use Superman's absence from his books during "New Krypton" as exhibit A for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm willing to give this a chance. Without Kara they will have to actually write for him instead of around him. So his portrayal will certainly be better just by default.
    THIS. This is why I'm actually excited. Because with Clark finally being a lead character and not a support character, jobbing him to Kara will have consequences and they won't want to do that. So he'll finally get treated like he should. And if the show is successful, then he'll really take the lead - which would be amazing to see. Just imagine Superman being the new font-and-center head of the CW-verse. Depending on what they do, exactly, this could be the best thing to happen to the character: a nice long-form way to grow support for Superman and his world. And if we're just "crazy" lucky, we might see other Supermen from other universes pop in from time to time.

Just had a thought... while I'd much prefer Brandon be Superman.... him a Jor-El would be interesting, for a short-term plotline.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They should have just called it "Lois & Clark" again (assuming there aren't some TM or contractual issues barring that). But regardless, I'm so there for this. Fully expect there to be some time shenanigans with the impending Crisis that will end up with a slightly older Jon Kent Superboy to come into play relatively quickly.
    From what I remember Clark and Lois went to Argo or whatever to have the baby, and get some leave. Basically code for "he's likely coming back as a 10 or 12 year old." Hell they may even just use the merging of the Earths as a way to explain it comics style.

That child actor is likely gonna be like Stranger Things age. Lucky for shows like this, the turn over rate for filming seems to be fairly short, so they could get in a few seasons before puberty hits.

But seriously, I knew this would happen. It's like the biggest no-brainer in the world. Mix Smalliville and Lois & Clark.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-28-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    From what I remember Clark and Lois went to Argo or whatever to have the baby, and get some leave. Basically code for "he's likely coming back as a 10 or 12 year old." Hell they may even just use the merging of the Earths as a way to explain it comics style.

That child actor is likely gonna be like Stranger Things age. Lucky for shows like this, the turn over rate for filming seems to be fairly short, so they could get in a few seasons before puberty hits.

But seriously, I knew this would happen. It's like the biggest no-brainer in the world. Mix Smalliville and Lois & Clark.
    I was thinking they might merge the characters also.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 10-28-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's my thought. They merge the universes, but bump the timeline around a little bit with the merger to fit everything in together. The Post-Crisis Arrowverse timeline likely will need some massaging for everything to fit together. Arrow is 8 years, Superman's been active for 12 or maybe even 15 or so at this point.

He may have already been cast. Amell posted a photo with the cast and a blacked out spot about Superboy sized.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks like WB gave up on Superman.

This is worst case scenario, tbh.

I wonder if they'll do Arrow style flashbacks to see Clark's origin, how he and Lois fell in love. Lex could be like Slade, see them start as friends but become archenemies. And finally end with Clark finding Kara's escape ship.

Mighty Member

Huzzah! Finally, some good Jon news. Looking forward to it.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers