Page 62 of 149 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Hows this show suppose to work with everyone standing 10 feet away from everyone else? CGI?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

The delayed start of the season until January is more or less banking on things getting to the point where they can resume normal production. As it stands, they are acknowledging that there may be further delays.

That is all if there is not further major production disruption from the coronavirus pandemic next year. While “we take an optimistic view at the moment,” Pedowitz acknowledged the CW also continues to look at acquisitions of English-language scripted series and is in discussions on multiple projects as a contingency, in case Hollywood production does not resume by fall.
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/the-cw-...er-1202934450/

Also a couple of writers have identified themselves on Twitter, one having worked on Krypton.

Jai Jamison

https://twitter.com/Jaijamison/statu...288608256?s=20

and Nadrai Tucker (who wrote for Krypton)

https://twitter.com/NadriaTucker/sta...717971968?s=20

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I liked the way the CW just repurposed shots of various real world cities as the DC counterparts. Star City was Boston, National City was LA. I think Keystone was Chicago maybe?

They've already used Smallville's Smallville here as a joke, so they could just keep that up.
    I wondered what city that was! I figured they couldn't use Vancouver for all of them!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's weird. I would've thought they'd immediately do a Batwoman/Supergirl crossover since they've established that friendship and Kara even has a Batwoman spot in her new headquarters.

If anything I guess this might explicitly confirm the Clark/Bruce friendship.
    I suspect the plan was originally going to be a Batwoman - Supergirl crossover but then Supergirl had the double whammy of Melissa getting pregnant and the virus. Now it looks
    like Supergirl won't be back until April or May and I guess the CW doesn't want to wait that long to do a crossover. So a lot of what Supergirl was going to do in the story, Superman will
    do instead. They basically have the same powers. I don't really think there is any need to have Bruce involved. Superman and Batwoman met in the cross-over and both have a relationship
    with Kara so that might be a good enough friendship for the purposes of the story.

Current speculation is Bruce left after he apparently killed Joker.
    But on Batwoman they said Joker has been gone for 5 years but Batman has only been gone 3 years. So it took 2 more years for Batman to get to be so guilt stricken that he left Gotham?

I don't like the way this show sounds at all. Doesn't sound like a Superman show. It sounds like a soap opera.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about it. The focus seems more on their kids than on Clark and Lois. Don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I suspect the plan was originally going to be a Batwoman - Supergirl crossover but then Supergirl had the double whammy of Melissa getting pregnant and the virus. Now it looks
    like Supergirl won't be back until April or May and I guess the CW doesn't want to wait that long to do a crossover. So a lot of what Supergirl was going to do in the story, Superman will
    do instead. They basically have the same powers. I don't really think there is any need to have Bruce involved. Superman and Batwoman met in the cross-over and both have a relationship
    with Kara so that might be a good enough friendship for the purposes of the story.
    Not much of one. They only really have Bruce and Kara in common, so I expect it to come up even if it's not the focus of the crossover.
    But on Batwoman they said Joker has been gone for 5 years but Batman has only been gone 3 years. So it took 2 more years for Batman to get to be so guilt stricken that he left Gotham?
    Good point...
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I don't like the way this show sounds at all. Doesn't sound like a Superman show. It sounds like a soap opera.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about it. The focus seems more on their kids than on Clark and Lois. Don't like it.
    It can be both .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

It is a soap opera. You better go in expecting it. Otherwise, you will be disappointed. Just an advice, if you are planning to catch it.

I guess I don't really understand what people expect here or want? It's an action drama like all the other shows. This one looks like it's closest analogue is going to be Black Lightening, with the focus on the family dynamics. There's like 3 action scenes in pilot script, two involving Superman and one a fight with the super villian, so I mean, what exactly is the complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I guess I don't really understand what people expect here or want? It's an action drama like all the other shows. This one looks like it's closest analogue is going to be Black Lightening, with the focus on the family dynamics. There's like 3 action scenes in pilot script, two involving Superman and one a fight with the super villian, so I mean, what exactly is the complaint?
    He might be expecting a good stylized action, adventure series. The priority given to quality of action sequences and the portrayal of the conflict with villain is different. Furthermore, focus and way the character's will be treated as well. So i adviced him to go in expecting something with drama. I like my smallville and lois & clark. but if i go into those things expecting something else,i would be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He might be expecting a good stylized action, adventure series. The priority given to quality of action sequences and the portrayal of the conflict with villain is different. Furthermore, focus and way the character's will be treated as well. So i adviced him to go in expecting something with drama. I like my smallville and lois & clark. but if i go into those things expecting something else,i would be disappointed.
    What's an example of a show with that formula. Because I hear this all the time, but I personally don't see much variety between any of the live action comic or scifi shows. I get the production quality complaints, but functionally all these shows follow more or less the same format.

It's a live-action show with a TV budget so I'm not sure how "stylized" it can get. The action will probably be on the level of Supergirl and Flash.

It's a live-action show with a TV budget so I'm not sure how "stylized" it can get. The action will probably be on the level of Supergirl and Flash.
    To a certain extent, I get that complaint. There are production value differences across the different levels of shows. I find it more subtle myself, the action on Titans wasn't that different from what I see on CW.

But as far as the "soap opera" complaint goes they all are essentially dramas. Shows like Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing are more character driven and "soap opera" than a show like Flash in some respects. Titans is the most angsty drama one out there. Even shows like The Mandalorian was basically a family story with one or two action scenes per episode.

If anything the 14 episode season means they can devote more budget to special effects.

I know, but generally these shows aren't known for the stylistic choices. I was just pointing it out. Besides, superman is always portrayed as brick anyhow regardless, even with all the money or even if they don't need the money.He doesn't even have an imitation of a fighting stance.Anyways, i am expecting action to be something like titans level, not daredevil . When it comes to just story, If it's something like doom patrol or swamp thing.then this series is lit for me.if it's smallville, then it's passable.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-15-2020 at 10:30 AM.

I know, but generally these shows aren't known for the stylistic choices. I was just pointing it out. Besides, superman is always portrayed as brick anyhow regardless, even with all the money or even if they don't need the money.He doesn't even have an imitation of a fighting stance.Anyways, i am expecting action to be something like titans level, not daredevil . When it comes to just story, If it's something like doom patrol or swamp thing.then this series is lit for me.if it's smallville, then it's passable.
    Well, Kara's fighting style is dependent on the writing/directing of a single episode, so that's probably true here.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

CW shows ARE soap operas. That's just how the channel rolls. That was true of Smallville and it is true of pretty much all of the Arrow-verse shows. That's the trade off we get for a Superman show. This was my concern when this was announced and I read the leaked script. It's going to be mostly teen drama with some Superman stuff thrown in.
    Assassinate Putin!