Page 65 of 149 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

I just want Superman to shine for once in this network... I don't mind his family, but don't turn him into Pa Kent please. :/

Also, I like Warren Christie.. think he's a good actor and very good looking. He might make me watch the Batwoman show when he shows up..
    Last edited by stargazer01; 05-18-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Bruce doing something with Clark in the crossover would seem almost a given at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they do Clark and Bruce off doing something and Batwoman and Lois off on their own as well.
    Yeah that’s the way I hope they’d go about it. Otherwise Clark and Kate are a bit of a mismatch if it’s just the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I generally think Black Lightning handles the balance pretty well. If it's like that I'm ok with it. Regardless it's going to end being ensemble heavy no matter who the supporting cast is. That's just how their formula seems to work.
    Anyway apparently Warren Christie is playing this universe's Bruce Wayne (and also Hush), so it's looking more and more likely we'll see him show up in that Batwoman crossover.
    I'm curious if WB will let them put him in a Batsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious if WB will let them put him in a Batsuit.
    I think that’s where they draw the line
    C9DE6A43-7680-402C-A25B-BD2A95A0E550.jpeg
    31CA51CE-9C8F-4EEE-9B07-21261C1F6741.jpg
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-18-2020 at 06:13 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Looks about right to me. He's older, a lot more going on on his face than Clark's, but he's believable as a contemporary to Clark and forerunner to Kate.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

They aren’t letting him be the “real” Bruce Wayne though. I think they agreed to it only because he is technically Hush/Tommy. He looks like Bruce, in universe, but they are not actually allowed to use him as the real thing. Semantics more or less, but apparently enough to satisfy the lawyers.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

"Generic network TV" with a scarlet super-speedster, a stretching-man, a telepathic gorilla, shape-shifting heroic martians, and super-powered Kryptonians...

The Silver Age was more known for it's crazy and zany ideas then for it's storytelling, compared to the Bronze Age.
    Those things don't mean anything outside of their context.

Syfy channel original movies have all that stuff. So do Asylum films, more creativity too.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think "Bruce lookalike" is as close to Batman as they're likely to let them get. Especially with a new movie in the works.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Those things don't mean anything outside of their context.

Syfy channel original movies have all that stuff. So do Asylum films, more creativity too.
    How do they not mean anything if they are deliberately channeled through a Superhero show exactly like in the comics?

I don't see what it matters that SyFy or Aslyum films do when we're just talking about DC shows here. Are DC comics suddenly unoriginal because they use plot points found in other comics or that get mined in those aforementioned movies?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

How do they not mean anything if they are deliberately channeled through a Superhero show exactly like in the comics?

I don't see what it matters that SyFy or Aslyum films do when we're just talking about DC shows here. Are DC comics suddenly unoriginal because they use plot points found in other comics or that get mined in those aforementioned movies?
    You mentioned how the CW having genre elements and shows makes it different from bland network TV, so I was saying the Asylum has all those trappings too. They're also terrible (though they know they are, and were originally just a scam to get people at a DVD store to buy TRANSMORPHERS instead of TRANSFORMERS).

Just having a guy be stretchy doesn't make it the show interesting. Those elements need to have a context.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    You mentioned how the CW having genre elements and shows makes it different from bland network TV, so I was saying the Asylum has all those trappings too. They're also terrible (though they know they are, and were originally just a scam to get people at a DVD store to buy TRANSMORPHERS instead of TRANSFORMERS).
    I think having Superhero elements conveyed in a Superhero way make them different from normal network TV.
    Just having a guy be stretchy doesn't make it the show interesting. Those elements need to have a context.
    Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man isn't enough context?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm hopeful they go the route shows like GOT went and spread the same budget over fewer episodes to increase the effects. The CW effects actually are better I think than some of the DC Universe shows. Titan's had a ridiculously embarrassing Trigon.
    Is that how it works for a broadcast show that in part depends on ad revenue to fund the show? Wouldn't more episodes bring in more ad money? I could perhaps see why a premium cable channel or streaming service would
    offer a fixed bucket of money and leave it up to the producers on how they want to spread out the money so perhaps they only have enough money to do a good enough 8 or 10 or 13 episodes. Because their just having the
    show will attract people to subscribing to the channel. But with a broadcast show throwing out a pile of money and letting the producers decide how many episodes to make and then the producers just make 13 episode with
    it means the network loses out on the ad revenue they would get from the other 9 episodes. So the inclination would to be to give more money to the producers the more episodes they make and to give them less money if
    they make less episodes. In other words for a broadcast show each episode gets a fixed budget no mater if they make 13 episodes or 22 episodes. If they are given $3 million per episode and make says $5 million in ad revenue
    per episode then if they make 13 episodes they are given $39 million and it is expected $65 million in ad revenue. If they make 22 episodes they are given $66 million and there is an expected $110 million in ad revenue. They can't
    just take that $66 million given for 22 episodes and only make 13 episodes because they would only make the $65 million in ad revenue instead of the $110 million.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Looks like Ruby Rose has stepped down from the role of Batwoman so that crossover may be put on hold.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Looks like Ruby Rose has stepped down from the role of Batwoman so that crossover may be put on hold.
    They’ll have plenty of time to pick her replacement at least.

Extraordinary Member

Which of Superman’s popular and classic villains have not been used in the Arrowverse yet?

Mongul? Who else?