Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I was (admittedly overly) paranoid on Monday when 'the Snyder Cut is real' word first started coming out that WB's usual scatterbrained priorities would reassert themselves, and they'd somehow be able to cancel Superman & Lois at the eleventh hour since no material resources have been dumped into it yet in service of "no Superman on TV and in a movie at the same time!". Relieved to hear that it's been in the works since November and so if they were gonna do it they'd have long since done it.
    I was wondering how you would respond . Personally I think since this SC seems to be meant as an ending to the Snyderverse, with rumors that the Flash movie will retcon out the Snyder films completely, that’s why Superman & Lois gets to go forward. That probably also means that there are no plans with Superman on the film side anytime soon though. Oh well.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was wondering how you would respond . Personally I think since this SC seems to be meant as an ending to the Snyderverse, with rumors that the Flash movie will retcon out the Snyder films completely, that’s why Superman & Lois gets to go forward. That probably also means that there are no plans with Superman on the film side anytime soon though. Oh well.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that henry cavill joined the live stream. So, the character might not be dead in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure about that henry cavill joined the live stream. So, the character might not be dead in the water.
    Cavill will no doubt partake in the Snyder reshoots coming, but after that? I seriously doubt he’ll stick around.

Cavill will no doubt partake in the Snyder reshoots coming, but after that? I seriously doubt he’ll stick around.
    Wb are gonna want to do something with superman. I believe, they are working on something behind the scenes.Otherwise,henry wouldn't be joining the livestream. They just suddenly decide to focus on superman instead of supergirl. Henry keeps mum while the movement was trending.But,now he joins the Snyder's live stream after snyder has successfully screened his cut to wb and at&t. As said, i do believe they were always in the negotiations.This might all turn out with henry saying good bye or It can also lead that man of steel sequel. The later would be better for superman franchise in my opinion. Henry can atleast steer the character if he gets to have some creative control. I do believe henry wants that with superman, now.

One thing that might benefit a future Superman movie happening sooner rather than later is this virus. WB may have hoped to keep the character on the bench until people had more time to forget Snyder’s failures. But right now the movie industry has been hit hard by this. Movie theaters may never fully recover. So it’s not a good time to just sit on potentially popular properties.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    One thing that might benefit a future Superman movie happening sooner rather than later is this virus. WB may have hoped to keep the character on the bench until people had more time to forget Snyder’s failures. But right now the movie industry has been hit hard by this. Movie theaters may never fully recover. So it’s not a good time to just sit on potentially popular properties.
    That seems unlikely.

What i actually see happening is the movie industry rethinking the way they do things. With them exploring new options like releasing on demand and Redbox and just skipping the theater... and KINDA liking it... Theaters threatening not to show certain companies movies at all... Lot of uncertainty going on.

I would be very surprised if they greenlight any more 300M budgets until they're sure they'll get that 1B return... It's a scary world right now to take the kind of risk that they would consider a big budget sfx heavy Superman movie to be.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That seems unlikely.

What i actually see happening is the movie industry rethinking the way they do things. With them exploring new options like releasing on demand and Redbox and just skipping the theater... and KINDA liking it... Theaters threatening not to show certain companies movies at all... Lot of uncertainty going on.

I would be very surprised if they greenlight any more 300M budgets until they're sure they'll get that 1B return... It's a scary world right now to take the kind of risk that they would consider a big budget sfx heavy Superman movie to be.
    The shazam movie was at the lower end, in terms of budget. So, the doing a good superman movie very possible. Superman ain't hulk or thanos. His powerset needing to be that big is very nonsensical.

Aquaman cost a lot less than Man of Steel and it had amazing action sequences and visuals. A Superman movie can be made with less.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Which of Superman’s popular and classic villains have not been used in the Arrowverse yet?

Mongul? Who else?
    A benefit of Crisis I think is that they can use Superman villains used on Supergirl now. Since history has been rewritten any villain can show up now, with a new actor or whatever. I think that's something stated on the Flash, that the villains they put away or defeated are back with "fresh paint jobs"so that would be good for the show, allowing them to use anyone without the restrictions.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Which seems odd to me since they couldn't sit down with him and hash out how to get more Superman movies. Maybe they're on better terms these days or managed to work something out. Why else would he agree to do this? With the virus, everyone is hard up for money these days. Maybe that's what got him back to the table, who knows.
    Assassinate Putin!

Why would Cavill want to help Snyder with his JL cut?? What does he win with it? Just a few months ago he wouldn't support the Snyder Cut on twitter, and he also said BvS was too dark for the Superman character.

The only way I see him been helpful to Snyder is because he got a new deal. He's getting something out of all this mess. I felt he was genuinely pissed at WB and Snyder for the treatment Superman had in BvS and JL.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Why would Cavill want to help Snyder with his JL cut?? What does he win with it? Just a few months ago he wouldn't support the Snyder Cut on twitter, and he also said BvS was too dark for the Superman character.

The only way I see him been helpful to Snyder is because he got a new deal. He's getting something out of all this mess. I felt he was genuinely pissed at WB and Snyder for the treatment Superman had in BvS and JL.
    There is contractual obligation. He might disagree with snyder. But, that doesn’t mean him and snyder are having a tiff or something.It would be totally unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Which seems odd to me since they couldn't sit down with him and hash out how to get more Superman movies. Maybe they're on better terms these days or managed to work something out. Why else would he agree to do this? With the virus, everyone is hard up for money these days. Maybe that's what got him back to the table, who knows.
    Did Warner Bros really want to make new Superman movies though? Pretty sure the initial offer was for him to just cameo in other people’s movies aka the Hulk treatment. I dunno what’s going on anymore, but if Cavill is still involved I pray to God Snyder won’t be.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

Maybe, but while I don’t think he and Snyder saw exactly eye to eye on where to take Superman, I don’t know if the differences between the two were that wide. His favorite Superman story is For Tomorrow after all, and that’s got Zod, darkness, edge, brooding Superman, and big ugly spike monsters for Superman to punch in it. If he got a new deal I just hope Snyder isn’t part of it, I’m not going to watch another Zack Snyder Superman movie ever again. I might check out the Snyder Cut but only after it’s confirmed that they won’t be building off it for their future big films.

Did Warner Bros really want to make new Superman movies though? Pretty sure the initial offer was for him to just cameo in other people’s movies aka the Hulk treatment. I dunno what’s going on anymore, but if Cavill is still involved I pray to God Snyder won’t be.

Maybe, but while I don’t think he and Snyder saw exactly eye to eye on where to take Superman, I don’t know if the differences between the two were that wide. His favorite Superman story is For Tomorrow after all, and that’s got Zod, darkness, edge, brooding Superman, and big ugly spike monsters for Superman to punch in it. If he got a new deal I just hope Snyder isn’t part of it, I’m not going to watch another Zack Snyder Superman movie ever again. I might check out the Snyder Cut but only after it’s confirmed that they won’t be building off it for their future big films.
    I totally understand, I feel the same way. Going back to the Snyder well is a huge mistake, his DC movies failed to truly connect with most people, but I guess we can expect anything from these execs...

Any way, in this interview last year, Henry Cavill mentions how his ideal Superman movie is. It sounds like a mix of different stories. He sure knows fans want a more optimistic and hopeful Superman now. It sounds like a mix of Reeve and his own Superman. I think it's a great compromise and the way to go. Classic and modern.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've kind of moved past the DCEU at this point. I'm looking forward to WW2 but that's about it. Make more movies, don't make more movies, I don't really care anymore. This new show is the only Superman thing I'm looking forward to these days. It's on every week and it's free. As opposed to a movie maybe every two or three years. If I had my druthers I'd hand the entire DC movie franchise over to Patty Jenkins and let her take it from there.
    Assassinate Putin!