Page 68 of 149 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2229
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I've kind of moved past the DCEU at this point. I'm looking forward to WW2 but that's about it. Make more movies, don't make more movies, I don't really care anymore. This new show is the only Superman thing I'm looking forward to these days. It's on every week and it's free. As opposed to a movie maybe every two or three years. If I had my druthers I'd hand the entire DC movie franchise over to Patty Jenkins and let her take it from there.
    Atleast, you have something to look forward to. I don't particularly have anything connected to superman to look forward too. Snyder cut being announced is great and all. It just doesn't coincide with my tastes. I like a hero with some fire and personality. Not that snyder superman doesn't have it. The character just isn't for me.

BvS Superman had a personality and fire? I didn't see it. He was just sad the whole freakin movie.

I also wish I was looking forward to this show, but I'm not. At least I still have animated Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    BvS Superman had a personality and fire? I didn't see it. He was just sad the whole freakin movie.

I also wish I was looking forward to this show, but I'm not. At least I still have animated Superman.
    Did i say that? I am sorry but if you missunderstood. I didn't. I said, i like character that has some fire. Moreover, just because a character is introverted or unsure. Doesn't mean the character is bad. It might be not for you, like it ain't for me. It's acceptable, people have different tastes.The guy was being seen as jesus christ or the anti christ. Ofcourse he would be sad. Finally, "pop" culture perpetuated perception and portrayal that play into that kind of superman doesn't have any fire either. I disagree with it. As long as the character isn't caricaturised for no damn reason i am willing to find something good in it.

I've kind of moved past the DCEU at this point. I'm looking forward to WW2 but that's about it. Make more movies, don't make more movies, I don't really care anymore. This new show is the only Superman thing I'm looking forward to these days. It's on every week and it's free. As opposed to a movie maybe every two or three years. If I had my druthers I'd hand the entire DC movie franchise over to Patty Jenkins and let her take it from there.
    Kind of how I feel. I want a video game more than anything , and I am looking forward to this TV show still. But on the film side I just can’t bring my hopes up. Don’t want more Snyder Superman and I don’t love Cavill in the role the way others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I was (admittedly overly) paranoid on Monday when 'the Snyder Cut is real' word first started coming out that WB's usual scatterbrained priorities would reassert themselves, and they'd somehow be able to cancel Superman & Lois at the eleventh hour since no material resources have been dumped into it yet in service of "no Superman on TV and in a movie at the same time!". Relieved to hear that it's been in the works since November and so if they were gonna do it they'd have long since done it.
    Maybe they are becoming less strict with the 'No TV and movie at the same time'. Apparently Batman is making an appearance in Batwoman. We know Robert Pattinson is suiting up. Flash had a show from the beginning. I am not following the news but Flash movie is in their plans. That is more concrete then Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Maybe they are becoming less strict with the 'No TV and movie at the same time'. Apparently Batman is making an appearance in Batwoman. We know Robert Pattinson is suiting up. Flash had a show from the beginning. I am not following the news but Flash movie is in their plans. That is more concrete then Superman.
    To be specific, somebody posing as Bruce Wayne is appearing on Batwoman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Stargirl is supposedly going to allow the Alan Scott GL to appear at some point but they've not given a specific appearance. But Geoff Johns has hinted that they will all make an appearance at some point. Or they're at least allowed to use him. Despite a GL show in the works.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Stargirl is supposedly going to allow the Alan Scott GL to appear at some point but they've not given a specific appearance. But Geoff Johns has hinted that they will all make an appearance at some point. Or they're at least allowed to use him. Despite a GL show in the works.
    And if they can’t, they could always call him Sentinel instead.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

There's a new interview with Bitsie Tulloch on the We Have Cool Friends podcast with Greg Miller; she starts talking about Superman & Lois around 38 minutes in (though there's a significant interruption shortly after due to technical issues, and sporadic interruptions throughout). Some bits she mentions:

* Though she's only read the first script, she knows the outline of the season.

* Her Lois audition for Elseworlds was playing the scene from Superman II where Lois tricks Clark with the gun into revealing he's Superman; she also brought up an anecdote I've heard before about Kidder's audition tape vs. the other contenders being something she studied as a student.

* Of the actors, she's only met Hoechlin, Garfin, and Elsass.

* She thinks this tends darker than the other Arrowverse shows, comparing the tone and setup to Friday Night Lights.

* Lois being the member of the family without powers is something that'll come up.

* Assuming all goes well, filming is now planned to begin in September/October.

* She was unofficially told upfront when cast as Lois that because of how gunshy WB is with Superman as an IP she'd probably only be in Elseworlds, but that the CW wanted to make a series happen and that fan response to her and Hoechlin in there would probably play a role in the outcome. She didn't hear anything for several months after it aired, then in early 2019 got the call from Berlanti that the show was going to enter development ("I couldn't talk about it forever and it was killing me!"; her and Hoechlin called each other occasionally to mutually freak out since they couldn't talk about it with anyone else until things got rolling).

* She wanted a costume too until she realized how much time it takes the rest of the Arrowverse folks to get in and out of theirs.
    Buh-bye

There's a new interview with Bitsie Tulloch on the We Have Cool Friends podcast with Greg Miller; she starts talking about Superman & Lois around 38 minutes in (though there's a significant interruption shortly after due to technical issues, and sporadic interruptions throughout). Some bits she mentions:

* Her Lois audition for Elseworlds was playing the scene from Superman II where Lois tricks Clark with the gun into revealing he's Superman; she also brought up an anecdote I've heard before about Kidder's audition tape vs. the other contenders being something she studied as a student.

* She thinks this tends darker than the other Arrowverse shows, comparing the tone and setup to Friday Night Lights.

* Lois being the member of the family without powers is something that'll come up.

* She was unofficially told upfront when cast as Lois that because of how gunshy WB is with Superman as an IP she'd probably only be in Elseworlds, but that the CW wanted to make a series happen and that fan response to her and Hoechlin in there would probably play a role in the outcome. She didn't hear anything for several months after it aired, then in early 2019 got the call from Berlanti that the show was going to enter development ("I couldn't talk about it forever and it was killing me!"; her and Hoechlin called each other occasionally to mutually freak out since they couldn't talk about it with anyone else until things got rolling).

* She wanted a costume too until she realized how much time it takes the rest of the Arrowverse folks to get in and out of theirs.
    "Friday Night Lights" is not a comparison I was expecting to see to a Superman show.

That's interesting about them being upfront on WB's handling of the Superman IP and what that could mean for her, and that the CW wanted them to get their own show.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Out of all of the stuff I've heard about, all the actors involved, the actual leaked script, and the got damn multiverse Lex stuff, *THIS* is what has my hype on max out, man!

I. F%#KING. LOVED. Friday Night Lights. And I was absolutely dreading the idea that they'd just try and paste on Supergirl's, Flash's, or even Arrow's tone onto this show.

For those not in the know, FNL is very comparable to This Is Us in terms of tone and subject. God freakin bless, man.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-17-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If filming starts back up in Sept/Oct, then sadly we won’t get a S&L trailer at Fandome. Oh well. Everything else she’s saying sounds fantastic though.

**** to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth that WB doesn’t give a damn about Superman just angers me something fierce.

The most I know about FNL is all the stars who went on to have Superhero roles on both sides of the fence...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If filming starts back up in Sept/Oct, then sadly we won’t get a S&L trailer at Fandome. Oh well. Everything else she’s saying sounds fantastic though.

**** to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth that WB doesn’t give a damn about Superman just angers me something fierce.
    I think it's more that DC keeps their big names on a short leash. They were probably lucky they got to use him at all for anything. This was still when the "you can't use them when there is a movie in the works" rule was in place.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

It was a great interview—-thanks for this summary. I hope you don’t mind if I add a few more things:

She said she takes this very seriously and is very aware how much Lois means to people. She does not take it lightly. But all she can do is her best.

She knows that there have been many iterations of Lois Lane before her and there will be many after her. All she can do (in her words) is do her best in the here and now.

She would drive herself crazy if she started to try and watch Erica Durance or Amy Adams (both of whom she clearly likes very much) and try to mimic what they did. She can only be herself and be true to who she can be as Lois.

She knows she isn’t going to be everyone’s favorite Lois Lane (because that’s not how it works with an 80 year old icon played by lots of different great actresses) but she hopes she might be ::some:: people’s favorite Lois.

She was told that the other women who auditioned with the scene from Superman 2 played it kind of serious and she got the role because she was the one who had more fun with the scene as opposed to playing it straight. (It seemed like she was the only one auditioning who really knew the context of the scene.)

She has a very good relationship with Tyler and they like each other very much. There is obviously deep respect and affection between them which bodes well for their working relationship long term.

She said that although it’s been hard to have the pilot postponed and although they are frustrated, she is extremely aware that so many people are truly suffering with illness, eviction and financial struggle right now and she will not complain about the show being delayed when so many people are truly struggling.

It was a really good interview and she’s a lovely person.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 06-18-2020 at 06:10 PM.