Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 792
  1. #91
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,039

    Default

    Yeah, not interested in this at all. I haven't watched the Arrowverse for years now, but what little I've seen of their Superman doesn't appeal to me. Not sold on the costume (though I assume if he's headlining his own show that'll get an update), I've never felt the actor looked the part (can't speak for his acting, and that *is* the most important thing), and the premise doesn't grab me either. Dont get me wrong, Superman stories have to be about Clark Kent as much as they're about Superman, but it's gotta be an even split; real life explored through a god's scope and scale, and I don't trust the CW to do that properly.

    I'll keep my eyes on it, watch the trailer when it hits. I mean, it's Superman, so I want it to be good. If things look like they might not be awful I'll give the pilot a shot. But I dont expect to be watching this.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  2. #92
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,211

    Default

    Finally, a modern Superman-related show which actually stars Superman. I'll be sure to catch this one.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  3. #93
    Incredible Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    989

    Default

    so you won't make a sequel but another tv show? Im going to watch out of obligation but why do i feel like its disrespectful
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

  4. #94
    (formerly "Superman") JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so you won't make a sequel but another tv show? Im going to watch out of obligation but why do i feel like its disrespectful
    To be fair, it's a totally separate group from a creative perspective, WB's just signing off on it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

  5. #95
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    I saw some Supergirl fans freaking out in the chance that she gets killed in Crisis and Superman replaces her with his own show.. I wouldn't mind that happening, but I doubt it. Unless Melissa is done with the show. I still think it's overkill to have 2 Superman shows at the same time in the same network.

    Any way, really hope this show doesn't suck and the writers do a good job, but I doubt it. Usually the CW shows are only decent the first season then the quality starts to decline a lot. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Riverdale have been such cases.

  6. #96
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Yeah pretty much. I mean we're living in a timeline where THE JOKER is a symbol of resistance against fascism and Superman is about.... being a working parent or something. We're literally watching this character unravel in real time.
    Man this cracked me up. It really is sad how far DC has distanced Superman from his golden age roots. Especially in a time like this, it would be so fresh and popular with the audience but they just don't get it
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  7. #97
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    I'm going to pull my reaction back a bit and say I'll see where it's going. I'll stick around for the first season and see if it's any good.

    Frankly it just looks like more of the same normalization of the character and his world that has been going on for the last 30 years or so. No one else is doing this to their characters and WB seems determined to make sure at some point Superman is Norman McNormal. I just find it funny people when given characteristics to poach from consistently pull from his Pre-Crisis forte over his Post-Crisis one. No one really wants to be a farmer, or a regular guy, or a Man over the Super, or any of this hokey grounding stuff. They do however want to be able to claim they've presided over one of the longest careers in comics, fought and beat the baddest mofo's around, been to the future, been to the past, and having done much of this stuff before they were 18.

    This normal stuff doesn't help Superman; it helps the people that want to replace him.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

  8. #98
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,839

    Default

    I'm all for it. Since the comics side of things seems hell bent on whatever the hell Bendis is planning, it'll be something of Superman I can actually enjoy.

  9. #99
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    283

    Default

    I'm excited! I love Superman and aside from Christopher Reeve, he's always worked best on TV. I just think it should be called Superman & Lois Lane

  10. #100
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm willing to give this a chance. Without Kara they will have to actually write for him instead of around him. So his portrayal will certainly be better just by default. In terms of what this means for the rest of the Not-Arrow-verse anymore, IDK.
    Arrow may be gone, but as the first show in the continuity the nickname Arrowverse is still fine. Besides, there's still going to be a Green Arrow show.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #101
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    4,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I wonder if they'll do Arrow style flashbacks to see Clark's origin, how he and Lois fell in love. Lex could be like Slade, see them start as friends but become archenemies. And finally end with Clark finding Kara's escape ship.
    "My name is Kal-El..."
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  12. #102
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I wonder if they'll do Arrow style flashbacks to see Clark's origin, how he and Lois fell in love. Lex could be like Slade, see them start as friends but become archenemies. And finally end with Clark finding Kara's escape ship.
    This Superman is very experienced so there's a lot of potential flashback material if they want to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, not interested in this at all. I haven't watched the Arrowverse for years now, but what little I've seen of their Superman doesn't appeal to me. Not sold on the costume (though I assume if he's headlining his own show that'll get an update), I've never felt the actor looked the part (can't speak for his acting, and that *is* the most important thing), and the premise doesn't grab me either. Dont get me wrong, Superman stories have to be about Clark Kent as much as they're about Superman, but it's gotta be an even split; real life explored through a god's scope and scale, and I don't trust the CW to do that properly.
    Oh man, you just reminded me of those stupid cape straps .

  13. #103
    Mighty Member Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    Honestly I think they should've done this on HBO Max, not connected to the Arrowverse. Imagine they make an eight-episode series with a full budget comparable to the MCU Disney+ shows, that's all about rebuilding Superman from the ground up and reconstructing him to what he should be, as opposed to Zack Snyder's take that bastardized him. Then they could build a new shared universe around that, piece by piece, as opposed to rushing in with the cart before the horse, and bombing with Justice League.

    What's weird is that we know DC shows are coming to HBO Max. Not only is Doom Patrol renewed for Max, and it's believed Titans will be as well, but it's also rumored we're getting shows for Adam Strange, Blue Beetle, Green Lantern, Lobo, Metal Men, The Question, and Red Hood, among others. It's great if they all get shows on the premium service... but why not freaking Superman?

  14. #104
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    729

    Default

    With this being the CW I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make Superman's son into Superman's daughter. Jon will now be Josephine or something.

  15. #105
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    The Arrowverse shows don't appeal to me at all, and what little I've seen of this take on Superman appeals to me even less. The long and short of why he seems to be more liked than Cavill's is that he's nicer, smiles more and is in less grim subject matter. He still seems bland and inoffensive, who exists only to prop up someone else.

    And the premise brings the family stuff in, which I'm not a fan of. It's SOMETHING, but I'd prefer a Superman show on a different network/streaming service by another creative team.

    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Frankly it just looks like more of the same normalization of the character and his world that has been going on for the last 30 years or so. No one else is doing this to their characters and WB seems determined to make sure at some point Superman is Norman McNormal. I just find it funny people when given characteristics to poach from consistently pull from his Pre-Crisis forte over his Post-Crisis one. No one really wants to be a farmer, or a regular guy, or a Man over the Super, or any of this hokey grounding stuff. They do however want to be able to claim they've presided over one of the longest careers in comics, fought and beat the baddest mofo's around, been to the future, been to the past, and having done much of this stuff before they were 18.

    This normal stuff doesn't help Superman; it helps the people that want to replace him.
    100% agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •