Page 75 of 149 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2229
    BANNED

I don’t really want to get into the nitty gritty of the panel because there were things I loved (mostly all coming from Tyler and Elizabeth) and things that were extremely cringe and Off putting (mostly coming from Todd Helbing.)

I have little to no faith in Helbing or the current iteration of the CW and I say that as someone who genuinely believes that Smallville was some of the best Superman content we’ve ever had when it was good.

BUT—-and I do want to stress this—-feelings about Todd Helbing aside (I don’t like him and I don’t care for the way he seems to be using Clark as some kind if self-insert, taking him back to Smallville, adding the other kid, the Lana BS —I hate all that)....

but Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch were WONDERFUL on the panel. And I want to give credit where it’s due to them. They were both so well spoken, so charming, so reverent about the myth. Elizabeth Tulloch is honestly an incredible woman. She’s beautiful but also just so smart and an amazing ambassador for Lois and the show. Tyler comes off like such a nice guy. And the two of them together are so clearly such a great team. Their friendship and care for each other is very very clear. So, all reservations about the show aside (and I have a LOT) if the show isn’t good it will not be because of them because they are both so great. Tyler and Elizabeth are the best marketing the show could have. The showrunner should shut up and let them talk more and he should talk less.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao that’s the New 52 S-shield! Damn I guess Jim Lee is making a push for his stuff to get used like Johns did huh?
    Are we going to get those unnecessary gauntlets again?

BANNED

Lmao that’s the New 52 S-shield! Damn I guess Jim Lee is making a push for his stuff to get used like Johns did huh?

Rumors are that they’re radically changing up the suit for merchandising purposes. Every new suit has to look different from previous iterations.
    The power of Publisher and CCO of DC my friend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we going to get those unnecessary gauntlets again?
    For the love of Rao, please no.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Apparently it's the same town as the Smallville TV show. So basically we're getting Smallville with Superman this time.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Apparently it's the same town as the Smallville TV show. So basically we're getting Smallville with Superman this time.
    The irony is palpable .

The irony is palpable .
    It only took 10 years and a new actor lol

It only took 10 years and a new actor lol
    I wonder if we can consider this a spin off!
    Assassinate Putin!

I think them re-using "Somebody Saaaaaave me..." during Elseworlds was prophetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I don’t really want to get into the nitty gritty of the panel because there were things I loved (mostly all coming from Tyler and Elizabeth) and things that were extremely cringe and Off putting (mostly coming from Todd Helbing.)

I have little to no faith in Helbing or the current iteration of the CW and I say that as someone who genuinely believes that Smallville was some of the best Superman content we’ve ever had when it was good.

BUT—-and I do want to stress this—-feelings about Todd Helbing aside (I don’t like him and I don’t care for the way he seems to be using Clark as some kind if self-insert, taking him back to Smallville, adding the other kid, the Lana BS —I hate all that)....

but Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch were WONDERFUL on the panel. And I want to give credit where it’s due to them. They were both so well spoken, so charming, so reverent about the myth. Elizabeth Tulloch is honestly an incredible woman. She’s beautiful but also just so smart and an amazing ambassador for Lois and the show. Tyler comes off like such a nice guy. And the two of them together are so clearly such a great team. Their friendship and care for each other is very very clear. So, all reservations about the show aside (and I have a LOT) if the show isn’t good it will not be because of them because they are both so great. Tyler and Elizabeth are the best marketing the show could have. The showrunner should shut up and let them talk more and he should talk less.
    Helbing can say whatever he wants, but I still believe the only reason Superman have kids and is stranded on Smallville is to differentiate his show frm Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Helbing can say whatever he wants, but I still believe the only reason Superman have kids and is stranded on Smallville is to differentiate his show frm Supergirl.
    I can't recall if this was explicitly confirmed, but it would make sense.

I'm curious how much of Metropolis we'll actually get to see but I doubt Superman is fighting crime in Smallville.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Given the speed that Superman can travel great distances, I don't think we're only going to see him in Smallville. Keeping them in a small town does, however, save money that can then be spent on VFX. I can't imagine the budget on this show is gigantic. Having Lois & Clark move back to Smallville keeps the show focused on a smaller, cheaper level in terms of cast and locations. This also helped the Stargirl show out immeasurably when it came time for the big superhero fights.

I haven't read the leaked pilot script, so presumably there's a good reason for the move, but I think it works well in terms of giving the characters some dramatic meat to chew on, particularly for a city girl like Lois and for the two kids, who have similarly been raised in the city their whole lives.

It all comes down to execution, and I don't think we'll have any idea how good or bad that'll be until we see the first few episodes. The CW shows can be all over the place in terms of quality. Who knows if this show will be able to maintain any consistency.

Looks like they plan on keeping the show set in Smallville for future seasons and that they may have already renewed Superman & Lois for more seasons already: https://www.surrey.ca/sites/default/...20-0198-00.pdf
    to allow for construction of a production set on the Cloverdale Fairgrounds site to be used for movie/tv show filming purposes for a period of three years
    Won’t lie I was hoping they’d go back to Metropolis after the first season, but so be it.

Looks like they plan on keeping the show set in Smallville for future seasons and that they may have already renewed Superman & Lois for more seasons already: https://www.surrey.ca/sites/default/...20-0198-00.pdf

Won’t lie I was hoping they’d go back to Metropolis after the first season, but so be it.
    Vancouver is already standing in for Central City and National City. It doesn't have to stand in for Metropolis too. I don't blame them for wanting to move away from that sort of thing. On Smallville, it was also Metropolis. Plus, I imagine making these shows aren't cheap. And they've got, what, four of them now? Gotta cut corners where they can.
    Assassinate Putin!