Page 76 of 149 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2229
    Astonishing Member

Anybody know what the average per season episode count is suppose to look like?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Anybody know what the average per season episode count is suppose to look like?
    I imagine itll be similar to Flash and Supergirl,which averages anywhere from 21-24 episodes each season. I doubt it'll be short seasons like Legends of tomorrow.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I think this first season is set at 13 episodes.

Personally, I find the shorter seasons for Legends and Black Lightening work better and you end up with less filler episodes or dragged out storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Personally, I find the shorter seasons for Legends and Black Lightening work better and you end up with less filler episodes or dragged out storylines.
    Not to mention Stargirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Not me.

I usually prefer the filler episodes. That's where they aren't bound the overarching 'meta-plot', and can really cut loose and tell a self contained story. Heck, before 'Heroes' came out and turned everything into a single 20 part storyline... I'd say MOST shows were entirely self-contained 'filler episodes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention Stargirl.
    I haven't seen Stargirl yet. Been meaning to, but never got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Not me.

I usually prefer the filler episodes. That's where they aren't bound the overarching 'meta-plot', and can really cut loose and tell a self contained story. Heck, before 'Heroes' came out and turned everything into a single 20 part storyline... I'd say MOST shows were entirely self-contained 'filler episodes'.
    I've always considered Buffy to be the one show that really kicked off the serialization of these types of shows. I think supposedly Buffy inspired the new Doctor Who as well. And even then they always had a couple of stinker episodes in even the best seasons. But yeah, it's now the norm. And I do agree there's a lot of fun one off episodes in the longer seasons. I think those self contained episodes can be distinguished from the ones that just drag out the storyline to fit the episode order. It just seems that shows like Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow really got bogged down in with dragging the mysteries out over the course of the seasons. The Marvel Netflix shows suffered from that too and they were usually only like 10 or so episodes, so it's not a guarantee of a tighter show.
    Last edited by Yoda; 09-16-2020 at 11:19 AM.

There is some interesting stuff in this panel, but there is also some really cringy one that worries me. I won't be surprised if they show some Clark/Lois/Lana romantic angst and tension, but they kind of hint at it.. If my suspicion is true, it's going to suck big time. Hope I'm wrong, though, because that would be really immature writing.

Of course, I knew there would be teen angst with the kids and Lana's daughter. It's the CW. Just hope it's not Riverdale kind of bad..

What I liked was to hear the family and parenting stuff, and the mix of superheroics and supervillains. If Superman isn't the champion of Earth in this version (Jim Lee mentioned it), I'm going to be so disappointed...

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/dc-...an-lois-panel/
    Last edited by stargazer01; 09-16-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    There is some interesting stuff in this panel, but there is also some really cringy one that worries me. I won't be surprised if they show some Clark/Lois/Lana romantic angst and tension, but they kind of hint at it.. If my suspicion is true, it's going to suck big time. Hope I'm wrong, though, because that would be really immature writing.

Of course, I knew there would be teen angst with the kids and Lana's daughter. It's the CW. Just hope it's not Riverdale kind of bad..

What I liked was to hear the family and parenting stuff, and the mix of superheroics and supervillains. If Superman isn't the champion of Earth in this version (Jim Lee mentioned it), I'm going to be so disappointed...

What did Jim Lee mention?

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    What did Jim Lee mention?
    if you click on the link and read what he said, you'll know.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

What's in the panel that talks about superman being a champion?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Noticed a day or two ago, I think the revised "S" here is almost exactly the same as in Suicide Squad Kills The Justice League - maybe they're gonna be moving across media to that as a standardized look.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What's in the panel that talks about superman being a champion?
    It is likely not the kind of champion you would like, so it is better not to have your hopes high up.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It is likely not the kind of champion you would like, so it is better not to have your hopes high up.
    You do know smallville had fair bits of a champion who does what's right not for vengeance nor glory. Right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You do know smallville had fair bits of a champion who does what's right not for vengeance nor glory. Right?
    When did that happen in Smallville? Have you watched CW's Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    When did that happen in Smallville? Have you watched CW's Supergirl?
    I don't watch supergirl. Because i have largely outgrown cwshows, i believe. These shows including smallville, lois and clark.. etc are not for me. They have a certain demographics. I am not part of that anymore. I find it boring is all. Doom patrol and swampthing are the only shows i watched regularly .

There were many like the jsa episode and booster gold episode. The guy didn't prioritise looking good to set an example. He valued laying low and doing his thing in the first place. With clark it's sometimes feel like it's postering of morality, than an actual one(that's been my problem). I want a guy like captain america in the movies. It's just his symbol became more influential so especially his friends needed support figure. So he decided he needs to come out and do it in the open. Moreover, clark didn't put up his shield to for humanity to follow him. He put his shield out there for humanity to step up and be their own heroes. If they want to. He didn't care for his fans or **** like that.