Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    With this being the CW I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make Superman's son into Superman's daughter. Jon will now be Josephine or something.
    The premise of the show sounds as boring as a Superman show can possibly be. Jon will definitely still be a boy.
    Last edited by Superbat; 10-28-2019 at 09:19 PM.

I'm willing to give this show a chance once it airs. Hoechlin's Clark|Superman and Tulloch's Lois have only made very few appearances in Supergirl and The Flash, so I'm interested in seeing more sides to them.
    Last edited by Crabble; 10-28-2019 at 08:48 PM.

The Arrowverse shows have gotten pretty insane, I don’t think this Superman show is going to be “grounded” lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Arrowverse shows have gotten pretty insane, I don’t think this Superman show is going to be “grounded” lol.
    I mean, this show will be coming right after they've all fought the Anti-Monitor...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, this show will be coming right after they've all fought the Anti-Monitor...
    Right, Post Crisis means they can easily play around with continuity if they want to. They can give him his villains back for example. And really how much longer will Benoist stick around? I feel like she’s gotta be getting bored with the show.

Even if she doesn’t I really doubt he’s going to be shilling her in his own show lol. He will probably mess up but that’s standard fare for CW shows especially given the utter screw ups Flash and Arrow are.

Still processing ...

Does this mean that SUPERGIRL will end after this season?

Two Superverse TV shows set in the same universe seems redundant ...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Yeah pretty much. I mean we're living in a timeline where THE JOKER is a symbol of resistance against fascism and Superman is about.... being a working parent or something. We're literally watching this character unravel in real time.
    It's superman fandom's own fault that the original guy is seen just as a prototype at best and at worst a strange elseworld tale .i mean, everything major about the character was introduced in those years. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for that. I feel like superman fandom clings to the messiah (knowingly or unknowingly) with out realising the guy is a vigilante. Superman fandom doesn't even think of the character as a vigilante. Heck! Even i didn't.
    Then again clark is good with babies. And they say superdad is out of character.

Man! I love how agile goldenage superman used to be. He was pretty nimble on his feet.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-28-2019 at 09:58 PM.

For their sake, I hope it does alright. I won't be watching it tho. Doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm in shock. So so disappointed with this news. Superman deserves better than to just dump him in this mediocre network that has disrespected him beyond belief. Worst news ever.

If this means we won't have another Superman film in a long time well.. ugh. I don't see how the CW is going to make more Superman fans with this. We are screwed for now it seems. Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman get big screen movies while Superman gets dumped in the CW where is known for bad writing. Wow, no thanks, WB. Way to treat the original superhero. I deserve better.
    I am with you on this. This news is disappointing. Superman deserves more. With the success of Watchmen, WB should step up. Give him an expensive TV show on HBO , we don't even need movies. Batman,Wonder Woman and Aquaman are now prestigious. Superman belongs with them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I'm going to pull my reaction back a bit and say I'll see where it's going. I'll stick around for the first season and see if it's any good.

Frankly it just looks like more of the same normalization of the character and his world that has been going on for the last 30 years or so. No one else is doing this to their characters and WB seems determined to make sure at some point Superman is Norman McNormal.
    I agree (well, except for the "stick around for the first season" part. I am too old for these things, especially since there are more interesting TV shows and movies out there)

What really, REALLY impresses me is how little WB has done with Superman since.... Well, since they bought him. I mean, except for Dini/Timm (which is legitimately good) and MOS (which is a complete failure but at least they were willing to say something new) we have had sanitized, inoffensive versions of the character. Except for TAS (maybe), none of them was able to reach any important creative milestone. Even when they had their audience (Smallville wouldn't have lasted for 10 years if someone hadn't watched it) I really don't think that there is much left of it today. They never even achieved a "cult" status. They were just, I don't know, throwaway shows.

I mean, just look at Batman - Batman TAS, Burton Batman, Nolan Batman, Joker, Brave & The Bold, The Arkham Games - it's a huge part of pop culture and almost all of the incarnations of the character said something new in creative terms. Even people who has never watched a Batman movie can recognize Ledger's scarred face as the Joker. Even outside the US. There's so much about Batman and even more is coming (Matt Reeves' Batman, anyone?) that people are ready to forgive occasional missteps like BatFleck.

I mean, can we ALL agree, just for once, that there is a HUGE gap between between what they have done with Superman and what they have done with Batman in the last 30 years? They don't even seem characters from the same publisher.

It can't be only about the budget. I don't think that Doctor Who (just an example - I have stopped watching it years ago) is on a 100 milion budget, and look how creative and diverse it is.

Nth version of the Superman fanfare, Clark and Superman COMPLETELY IDENTICAL except for a pair of glasses even if everyone is too stupid to realize it, romantic sitcom humor and references to old movies incoming....
    Last edited by Myskin; 10-29-2019 at 01:47 AM.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm kind of bummed so many here are automatically dismissing it before we've even seen one episode.

Do I wish we were getting more Superman on the big screen instead? Yeah of course, but at least this beats just not doing anything in live action with Supes at all,which honestly looked to be the case after they've shelved the movies.

Plus,this means a high probability of more Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor, possibly on a regular basis. I think most of us can agree that's a good thing.

Let's take a breath and wait till we see this thing before automatically trying to kill it with fire,ok?
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-29-2019 at 01:51 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm kind of bummed so many here are automatically dismissing it before we've even seen one episode.

Do I wish we were getting more Superman on the big screen instead? Yeah of course, but at least this beats just not doing anything in live action with Supes at all,which honestly looked to be the case after they've shelved the movies.

Plus,this means a high probability of more Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor, possibly on a regular basis. I think most of us can agree that's a good thing.

Let's take a breath and wait till we see this thing before automatically rejecting it,ok?
    They want something that blows away expectations like batman tas or nolan batman instead of this kind of mediocrity. I understand everyone's frustration. Superman needs it. WB doesn't understand superman and don't how to handle the ip. I am excited to see jon. Am i excited to see this kind of superman? Maybe, as superdad. But as superman, i would have to say no.
    I would have gone for that superfamily animated series,instead.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-29-2019 at 01:56 AM.

This looks like an opportunity to bring in some of the villians that haven't seen the light of day outside of comics to finally get an appearance. My hopes are:

Atlas

Blanque

Cythonna

Dominus

Equus

Faora

Gog

H'el

Imperiex

Jax-Ur

Kryptonite Man

Lyla Lerrol

Mongul

Nimrod the Hunter

Obsession

Professor Hamilton

Quarmer a.k.a. the Sand Superman

Remnant

Superboy-Prime

Titano the Super-Ape

Ultra-Humanite

Vyndktvx

Wraith

Xa-Du

Yuga Khan

Zade

All will get a chance to appear in the show.

Astonishing Member

Let's take a breath and wait till we see this thing before automatically trying to kill it with fire,ok?
    Sorry, but this is CW, Greg Berlanti and a modern DC superhero show in the "Supergirl" vein.
    I think that at this point we all know what to expect. It's not that Berlanti will change into Christopher Nolan all of a sudden.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

It's not about us dismissing it. it's about another CW show that is already dismissible. Is anyone expecting this new Superman show would have the same quality and story telling that we saw with Legion, Daredevil or Watchmen or even Gotham on Fox. CW has always been the place of crap tv shows and crap writing.