Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1388
  1. #1216
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re finally starting to shoot: https://twitter.com/bitsietulloch/st...192852994?s=21
    So it begins .

  2. #1217

    Default

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...c-villain/amp/
    ironically enough I guess Superman is now stealing Supergirl's villains for his show.

  3. #1218
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...c-villain/amp/
    ironically enough I guess Superman is now stealing Supergirl's villains for his show.

    Certainly won’t help assuage the Supergirl fans lol. But since they gave so many classic Superman stories to her I guess they’re digging deep to bring back a bunch of characters we haven’t seen since the Silver Age? If the CW does end up funding a second season of Swmap Thing (unlikely I know) we need to get an adaption of Jungle Line. That’s a great story perfect for a one off episode.

  4. #1219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re finally starting to shoot: https://twitter.com/bitsietulloch/st...192852994?s=21
    Very excited about this show! I think it's going to be something special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  5. #1220
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6,094

    Default

    Series Premiere is scheduled for Feb 23rd 2021 as of right now: https://twitter.com/cwsupermanlois/s...416846849?s=21

  6. #1221
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    I'm desperate for some great Superman content in live action.. and I want to like this show, but only time will tell. I envy those who are excited for this. I hope it's a quality show even though I don't find Tyler to be a great choice for the character. He underwhelms me, but I still will give him the chance to wow me. Maybe in his own show and with better writing I can accept him more.

  7. #1222
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6,094

    Default

    It seems to be confirmed that the first season will only have 13 episodes which is a big plus in my eyes. That should cut down on the typical CW bloat/filler, and free up the budget.

  8. #1223
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It seems to be confirmed that the first season will only have 13 episodes which is a big plus in my eyes. That should cut down on the typical CW bloat/filler, and free up the budget.
    Agreed. I'm also glad Stargirl is keeping its same episode count.

  9. #1224
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed. I'm also glad Stargirl is keeping its same episode count.
    Same here. I don't need any shows with 22-24 episode seasons anymore. No one has managed to pull it off successfully in years. And most certainly not the CW shows.

  10. #1225
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Same here. I don't need any shows with 22-24 episode seasons anymore. No one has managed to pull it off successfully in years. And most certainly not the CW shows.
    I thought Flash did a solid job last season (although some people really didn't care for some of the Mirror Master stuff in the back-half).

  11. #1226
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    7,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Same here. I don't need any shows with 22-24 episode seasons anymore. No one has managed to pull it off successfully in years. And most certainly not the CW shows.
    For me Supergirl was able to pull off the first four seasons of 20+ episodes, but this 5th season just seemed to slog along. I guess cutting the show off at 6 seasons is just as well, though they still get 20 episodes.
    Unlike Arrow that only got 10 for the 8th season.

  12. #1227

    Default

    it's a case by case basis imo. Agents of Shield pulled off several seasons with 20 plus episodes without it feeling unjustified. Meanwhile most of the Netflix Marvel shows had only 13ish episodes, that ended up feeling more stretched out than Shield ever did.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-05-2020 at 09:02 AM.

  13. #1228
    Mighty Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    it's a case by case basis imo. Agents of Shield pulled off several seasons with 20 plus episodes without it feeling unjustified. Meanwhile most of the Netflix Marvel shows had only 13ish episodes, that ended up feeling more stretched out than Shield ever did.
    I didn't watched AoS, but, the reason was probably because the Marvel Netflix show had only one main character and a couple of important side characters while Agents of Shied was an ensemble, so they could do multiple personal storylines.

    And AoS was less grounded, so they could go crazy on the stories, but the Netflix shows were all on the streets of NY and would most of the time show the characters walking and talking in what seemed to be the same streets.

  14. #1229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I didn't watched AoS, but, the reason was probably because the Marvel Netflix show had only one main character and a couple of important side characters while Agents of Shied was an ensemble, so they could do multiple personal storylines.

    And AoS was less grounded, so they could go crazy on the stories, but the Netflix shows were all on the streets of NY and would most of the time show the characters walking and talking in what seemed to be the same streets.
    Good point, that and they also had some of them sorta split the season into 2 mini arcs, as someone mentioned the recent Flash season did the same thing with half the season dealing with Bloodwork and the other Mirror Master, and I thought it worked pretty well.

  15. #1230
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    it's a case by case basis imo. Agents of Shield pulled off several seasons with 20 plus episodes without it feeling unjustified. Meanwhile most of the Netflix Marvel shows had only 13ish episodes, that ended up feeling more stretched out than Shield ever did.
    This was the fatal flaw in all of the Marvel Netflix shows that killed all my interest in them. A handful of great moments stretched out across too many episodes. When Defenders, with an even more truncated season, felt padded, I gave up completely on all of them.

    Agents of SHIELD largely left me indifferent, although the post-Winter Soldier episodes of season one were fantastic, even if the ones that preceded it were dull as dishwater. I think I gave up on that show after they spun-off Mockingbird and Not Hawkeye into their own show that never happened.

    I can't think of a single CW show that I wouldn't cut large swaths of episodes from because they were little more than treading water.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •