Page 83 of 149 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2229

I feel the opposite.

I LOVE the filler episodes. The ones where the writers can do something experimental and different without spending half the episode wrapping up a different episodes plot hooks and laying a few more for the next episodes to deal with.

It lets the characters breathe where not EVERY SINGLE THING in their life is focused entirely around the one plot and... stuff happens during that year that has NOTHING to do with mega evil #4.

Also, I hate waiting and waiting for a show only to be done with it in 2 1/2 months. Then waiting another 10 months to see where it goes. I'm very much pro 22+ episodes or they don't even have a right to call it a 'full season' kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I feel the opposite.

I LOVE the filler episodes. The ones where the writers can do something experimental and different without spending half the episode wrapping up a different episodes plot hooks and laying a few more for the next episodes to deal with.

It lets the characters breathe where not EVERY SINGLE THING in their life is focused entirely around the one plot and... stuff happens during that year that has NOTHING to do with mega evil #4.

Also, I hate waiting and waiting for a show only to be done with it in 2 1/2 months. Then waiting another 10 months to see where it goes. I'm very much pro 22+ episodes or they don't even have a right to call it a 'full season' kind of guy.
    Yeah, and the "villain of the week" format is kind of part of the chemistry of Big Two Superheroes in my opinion.

Where the long episode count really stumbles is usually the Big Bads.

To be fair, the Mirror Master stuff in The Flash didn't get a proper ending yet due to three episodes getting held back to season 7 as production wasn't completed before the pandemic. That's why it comes off as not as good as the Bloodwork arc pre-Crisis, no payoff. It's ending will also now be harmed by Elongated Man's sudden write out. Batwoman is hit even worse, as due to the change of lead character, they'll have to abort season 1's arc entirely. It's no surprise the 2021 seasons will be shorter - Legends of Tomorrow has always had shorter seasons, and unlike Flash, Batwoman and Supergirl, it finished it's season as planned. Even then, it's still lost three episodes next season (13, instead of 16) - Stargirl is the only one that didn't lose any episodes (Supergirl's 20 is as long as season 1 and one more than the curtailed season 5, but it's still 2 less than usual).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First (blurry) look at CW's Superman on set:

🧐

Spectacular Member

Much better. This should work.

Astonishing Member

This has me really exited.

looking good, very young justicesque.

Doesn’t look like he has a collar! Sweet looks like the Reborn/Rebirth outfit! Oh and thank Rao the cape clips are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First (blurry) look at CW's Superman on set:

��
    Wow, that looks like a great suit! Especially without those clips!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, that looks like a great suit! Especially without those clips!
    We will have to get a better look,but this so far looks promising.

Apparently it was made by the same people who made Routh's suit for Crisis. If they channel even a sliver of that vibe it'll be great.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doesn’t look like he has a collar! Sweet looks like the Reborn/Rebirth outfit! Oh and thank Rao the cape clips are gone.
    Just for losing the clips this suit is already 10x better.

Spectacular Member

Doesn't look like a bad cosplay outfit.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

While it would've been nice if real shots of Hoechlin in his suit could've been released before this happened, a silhouetted grainy candid where he still looks powerful and iconic is probably as close as there really is to capturing the feeling of 'what if Superman was real'. As in, it's not perfectly composed, the lightning's crap, it's just something somebody took on their cell phone on a moment's notice, nothing Hollywood or glamorous about it in the least...but HOLY ****, LOOK, IT'S SUPERMAN.

As for the more suit-revealing image, it's fine given the colors are clearly washed out in these pictures. Basically the real deal but with the trunks swapped out for the New 52 belt; still hope they come to their senses in the future, but I'm more than happy with this.
    Buh-bye

Kinda shocked they’re dragging their feet on officially revealing the suit, but then again given how much DC’s official promos have sucked maybe that’s not a bad thing lol. Hope they don’t make him do a goofy pose this time.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Just announced, Hoechlin and Tulloch are headlining a panel at 5:30 EST tomorrow on COVID-19 safety for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Maybe it'll just be them as them, but it'd be kinda sweet if the 'official reveal' of the new suit was with Superman and Lois teaching kids about public safety.
    Buh-bye