Page 84 of 149 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2229

I think the suit look a lot better, and no underwear again! yay

He also looks more muscular.. could be padding?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Nadria Tucker, one of the writer of the show:

"Some personal news: Wednesday I got word that my contract on Superman and Lois won't be extended, my services no longer needed, my outline and draft subpar (obviously I disagree with that last bit lol). This, after months of me flagging #metoo jokes in dialogue 1/3

of me defending the Bechdel test, of me FIGHTING to ensure the only Black faces on screen aren't villains, of me pitching stories for female characters (there's one in the title of the series!) that went ignored.

If I sound bitter, it's because this one stings. 2/3

I've been assured by colleagues that I was great in the room, so I know I'm not nuts. I debated whether to post this but my own mental wellbeing demands that I do. The only way **** changes is to expose it. ❤️💙 /end"

https://twitter.com/NadriaTucker/sta...18215629467649

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"Some personal news: Wednesday I got word that my contract on Superman and Lois won't be extended, my services no longer needed, my outline and draft subpar (obviously I disagree with that last bit lol). This, after months of me flagging #metoo jokes in dialogue 1/3

of me defending the Bechdel test, of me FIGHTING to ensure the only Black faces on screen aren't villains, of me pitching stories for female characters (there's one in the title of the series!) that went ignored.

I've been assured by colleagues that I was great in the room, so I know I'm not nuts. I debated whether to post this but my own mental wellbeing demands that I do. The only way **** changes is to expose it. ❤️�� /end"

...Well, that's concerning .

Astonishing Member

It's disappointing.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've been assured by colleagues that I was great in the room, so I know I'm not nuts. I debated whether to post this but my own mental wellbeing demands that I do. The only way **** changes is to expose it. ❤️�� /end"

Pilot's not even filmed yet and there's already trouble in the writer's room. That's not good.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

This is a devastatingly bad look in literally every way.
    Buh-bye

Well...I was going to come here to comment that the costume looks much improved. And it does. But that latest news is definitely not a good look, not in light of all the stuff that's been revealed on the publishing end and the drama going on over on the movie end.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'll just wait and see.
    This how already have to do some work to win me over because of how the Arrowverse used Superman previously, now they also will have to prove that what this writer is saying isn't true.

Anyway, February we'll find out.

probably is telling the truth, I mean the CW is well known for shoe horning in some political agenda stuff in eyeball rolling inducing ways, so a bad #metoo joke is kinda on brand. Hopefully it's still a fun show but yeah, gotta keep stuff like that in mind while watching.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-07-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Classic CW, they usually try to be progressive but do it in a cringeworthy and clumsy way. Supergirl was the worst example of this. Candice Patton has also made it clear that there’s some racism and other stuff going on behind the scenes that’s unpleasant. Not a great start to be sure.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-07-2020 at 07:13 PM.

If I'm remembering correctly Candace Patton had issues with this showrunner when he was on The Flash. CW shows have had some serious issues with handling women. This is not good. Hopefully this is addressed and not swept under the rug.

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping it gets addressed ASAP, I want the show to be good.

of me FIGHTING to ensure the only Black faces on screen aren't villains,
    That can easily be fixed if the relevant actors are available. They can just have Guardian, Martian Manhunter (both from Supergirl) or John Diggle (Spartan from Arrow, but he's now apparently Green Lantern and moved to Metropolis) make a guest appearance. All three are superheroes played by black actors.
    pitching stories for female characters
    As for that, maybe she suggested a girl power episode featuring Lois and Lana, but they balked at the thought of not having much of Superman in the episode?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

As for that, maybe she suggested a girl power episode featuring Lois and Lana, but they balked at the thought of not having much of Superman in the episode?
    Good point. Personally, I think that sounds awful. I'm not interested in seeing Lois and Lana as buddies or best friends teaming up. I want to see stories about Superman and Lois and their family.

If they want to turn this show into another girl power show, I'm not interested (and I'm female). That show was Supergirl and I mostly hated it because it wasn't done well, imo. The Wonder Woman movie and Aquaman were done right, imo.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 11-08-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

Okay I'm probably gonna get flamed on this but this suspiciously sounds like the writer wants to turn Superman & Lois into an overt political sjw show like Supergirl. If that's the case, the wtiter needed to go. The reason why Supergirl got poor ratings was because of that kind of garbage, they can miss me with that foolishness.