Page 85 of 149 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2229
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    We will have to get a better look,but this so far looks promising.

Apparently it was made by the same people who made Routh's suit for Crisis. If they channel even a sliver of that vibe it'll be great.

Brandon Routh's Kingdom Come suit was fantastic. I did enjoy Routh having another go as the Man of Steel years after Superman Returns.

Edited: wrong thread
    Last edited by stargazer01; 11-08-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Okay I'm probably gonna get flamed on this but this suspiciously sounds like the writer wants to turn Superman & Lois into an overt political sjw show like Supergirl. If that's the case, the wtiter needed to go. The reason why Supergirl got poor ratings was because of that kind of garbage, they can miss me with that foolishness.
    The S stands for SJW. Superman has always been an SJW and always will be, that's why he's so fantastic. The first Superman comic, he fought domestic abusers, corrupt politicians, slum landlords. Superman is a refugee immigrant who comes to America and uses his immense power - as both a hero and a journalist - to help the weak. He is the very definition of a social justice warrior and the takes that run from that are the ones that fail the hardest.

Okay I'm probably gonna get flamed on this but this suspiciously sounds like the writer wants to turn Superman & Lois into an overt political sjw show like Supergirl. If that's the case, the wtiter needed to go. The reason why Supergirl got poor ratings was because of that kind of garbage, they can miss me with that foolishness.
    Setting aside it's a Superman show, it's a show set in a deteriorating small midwest American town, dealing with job losses, drugs and drinking, and a major corporation and corporate big wig is moving in to take over for their own nefarious means. Lana's husband is set up as a soft-MAGA type. What about that set up screams "subtlety" or "apolitical" to you exactly?

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    The S stands for SJW. Superman has always been an SJW and always will be, that's why he's so fantastic. The first Superman comic, he fought domestic abusers, corrupt politicians, slum landlords. Superman is a refugee immigrant who comes to America and uses his immense power - as both a hero and a journalist - to help the weak. He is the very definition of a social justice warrior and the takes that run from that are the ones that fail the hardest.
    The S stands for Superman (or it's the Kryptonian insignia for Hope, it depends on the story).
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Spectacular Member

Bottom line, I know the world sucks. That's why I'm watching Arrowverse shows and sports. I want at an hour away from the madness. The last thing I need is another pukefest show like Supergirl. Who are the shippers shipping this week lol. Boring melodrama, with a touch of politics. Let's have Martian Manhunter ban guns at the DEO lol. Will Brainy fall in love lol? Horrible stuff. So if this writer is trying to turn S&L into that, nope, she gotta go.

Lois Children

BANNED

Bottom line, I know the world sucks. That's why I'm watching Arrowverse shows and sports. I want at an hour away from the madness. The last thing I need is another pukefest show like Supergirl. Who are the shippers shipping this week lol. Boring melodrama, with a touch of politics. Let's have Martian Manhunter ban guns at the DEO lol. Will Brainy fall in love lol? Horrible stuff. So if this writer is trying to turn S&L into that, nope, she gotta go.
    m

I would love for you to explain in detail how asking that the only Black people on screen aren’t portrayed as villains and asking that the woman who’s NAME IS IN THE TITLE OF THE SHOW is treated like an equal and not a sexist afterthought is a “pukefest.”

Like please elaborate for us on how treating Black people and women like equals is somehow antithetical to SUPERMAN. Go ahead. Because those seem like pretty simple requests to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    This is a devastatingly bad look in literally every way.
    She has sadly confirmed every concern a lot of of us already had about Todd Helbing from the racism to the sexism. I’m so sad for Tyler and Bitsie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That can easily be fixed if the relevant actors are available. They can just have Guardian, Martian Manhunter (both from Supergirl) or John Diggle (Spartan from Arrow, but he's now apparently Green Lantern and moved to Metropolis) make a guest appearance. All three are superheroes played by black actors.
    As for that, maybe she suggested a girl power episode featuring Lois and Lana, but they balked at the thought of not having much of Superman in the episode?

It sounds much more likely that she simply asked that Lois Lane be treated as an equal given her name is in the title of the series and that she balked at the blatantly sexist agenda of putting Lois and Lana against each other that has had literally everyone concerned from the minute Lana was announced.

And she was absolutely right to do so because no one has time for that kind of crap in 2020.

THe things she is saying are pretty bad, if they true.

I still believe the right thing for us to do, is wait until the show come out and judge on our own. Maybe when we watch it won't have any of the problems she is saying it have, maybe it will have. We don't know, and we should wait.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    It's good to want more substance than say "Superman punches bad guy into the sun and smirks to the camera." I want more than that too. And what the writer is complaining about wanting good representation of women and poc, is a perfectly reasonable and if that is behind why she lost her job, then I have a serious problem with that,.... but on the flip side of this is that execution and not being too heavy handed is important too. Like pretty sure the guy in charge of this show was the showrunner for Flash when they had that terrible bachelor/femenism party episode (besides the drunk Barry bits), which was just cringe. I'd hope the guy's learned to tone that stuff down since then.
    anyway here's some daily planet stuff
    2498EFE3-7986-4405-A431-8F8332AF35B7.jpg
    5089065C-8EEA-4332-ABFE-AA5276748265.jpg
    66D8752D-5ED9-49D5-9F7C-57D6C77B6C73.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    m

I would love for you to explain in detail how asking that the only Black people on screen aren’t portrayed as villains and asking that the woman who’s NAME IS IN THE TITLE OF THE SHOW is treated like an equal and not a sexist afterthought is a “pukefest.”

Like please elaborate for us on how treating Black people and women like equals is somehow antithetical to SUPERMAN. Go ahead. Because those seem like pretty simple requests to me.
    I guess Ron isn't a significant character at all the in show? He's in the pilot and that's it?

Seems the shows still don't have a strong idea what to do with a reporter female lead on a CW show.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    m

For starters, Lois name is in the title. The way the actress is promoting the show on Twitter, I doubt her character is getting short shrift.

2. She's complaining about a black Lex Luthor from another earth. Ever came to consider if there is a black Lex , then somewhere there is a black Superman(Val Zod?) somewhere out there? Come on think. Use your imagination. This show has potential to become the flagship show on CW. Let's see what happens.

Astonishing Member

I do think the complaints are legit but I'm also very much aware how leaning heavily on sjw can work against a show, despite meaning well. A happy middle, if there's such a thing wouldn't be a terrible thing but it would need to be well written regardless. I am going to wait and see for myself, at this stage, hope for the best and trying not to expect the worst. I want this show to be a success, good success on all fronts.