Page 86 of 149 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2229
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If and any Political content doesn't have to be ham-fisted or preached. The last thing i want is a preachy superman show.Also, even the most apolitical person has a leaning and opinions. Even if they aren't trying to, these things sometimes come through.The s meant superman. The shield was a police badge and superman wasn't their best friend to say the least.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-09-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Straight up: This show isn’t going to be the happy wholesome adventures of the Kents as they live on their farm and enjoy a slice of 50s Rockwellian Heaven like how Tomasi’s run sort of was (least before and after Black Dawn). There will be politics, Smallville is kind of dying apparently in this show, which I am still eager to see explored. Lot of small towns are dying except for the ones that have embraced immigration. In Nebraska there’s a lot of Latinos moving in to work at meatpacking plants for example. Exploring stuff like that is the sort of thing I’d love to see Superman tackle and explore (with plenty of supervillain shenanigans and alternate dimension fallout too).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    It's disappointing.
    It is. They should have shown her the door far sooner, if that was her idea of a contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Straight up: This show isn’t going to be the happy wholesome adventures of the Kents as they live on their farm and enjoy a slice of 50s Rockwellian Heaven like how Tomasi’s run sort of was (least before and after Black Dawn). There will be politics, Smallville is kind of dying apparently in this show, which I am still eager to see explored. Lot of small towns are dying except for the ones that have embraced immigration. In Nebraska there’s a lot of Latinos moving in to work at meatpacking plants for example. Exploring stuff like that is the sort of thing I’d love to see Superman tackle and explore (with plenty of supervillain shenanigans and alternate dimension fallout too).
    This makes me wish they had gone forward with that Superman Family cartoon.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It is. They should have shown her the door far sooner, if that was her idea of a contribution.
    This x 1000.

For asking that the woman whose name is half the title of the show is treated with equal importance as the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wish they had gone forward with that Superman Family cartoon.
    The suits wouldn’t even approve a World’s Finest cartoon with BATB Batman & Superman. No one there has good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    It sounds much more likely that she simply asked that Lois Lane be treated as an equal given her name is in the title of the series and that she balked at the blatantly sexist agenda of putting Lois and Lana against each other that has had literally everyone concerned from the minute Lana was announced.

And she was absolutely right to do so because no one has time for that kind of crap in 2020.
    Considering how often CW shows re criticized for love triangles, I don't see why that would be an offense worthy of termination of employment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For asking that the woman whose name is half the title of the show is treated with equal importance as the guy?
    Yeah, well, while Lois is very important, she's not as important as Superman. I'd wager just a bit fewer people want to watch that show mostly for Lois than do for Superman. Beyond that, that isn't the point. She's treating everything as important other than writing good stories. And probably demanding things she didn't have the authority to demand. A writer's job is to write good, entertaining stories. That's it. And that attitude of hers is what ruined Supergirl the show.

Yeah, well, while Lois is very important, she's not as important as Superman.

Her name is in the title of this series and she's the most well known character of the Superman franchise outside of Superman himself.

I'd wager just a bit fewer people want to watch that show mostly for Lois than do for Superman.
    Who said anything about wanting to watch the show mostly for Lois?

Beyond that, that isn't the point. She's treating everything as important other than writing good stories.

Writing good stories and what she was asking for are not mutually exclusive.

And that attitude of hers is what ruined Supergirl the show.
    Really? You think writing female characters to be just as important as the male ones and having heroic black characters along with the villainous ones is what ruined the Supergirl show?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Lois is literally the title character. If she ain't the protagonist, then it's false advertisement.Simple as that.

Spectacular Member

Her name is in the title of this series and she's the most well known character of the Superman franchise outside of Superman himself.

Who said anything about wanting to watch the show mostly for Lois?

Writing good stories and what she was asking for are not mutually exclusive.

Really? You think writing female characters to be just as important as the male ones and having heroic black characters along with the villainous ones is what ruined the Supergirl show?
    Yes. Supergirl season 1 was fantastic. It was fun and enjoyable to watch, especially the Cat Grant character. Then they sent it to CW and they turned it into wokeshow horrorfest. The show was unwatchable. You think if Supergirl was good it wouldn't be ending now? Plus, what that show did to Superman as a character was nothing short of criminal. It was shameful. I'm pretty sure the edict from on high from WB was yes will give you a chance with a Superman show, but it better not be garbage. This writer from the failed Krypton show was about to insure S&L was gonna be a failed show too lol. She had to go. The new suit for Superman is top notch, and it looks like their putting in a real effort to put out a good product. The last thing they need to is turn show into PC garbage. Stargirl, Swamp Thing, Superman & Lois can lead the way on this.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Yes. Supergirl season 1 was fantastic. It was fun and enjoyable to watch, especially the Cat Grant character. Then they sent it to CW and they turned it into wokeshow horrorfest.
    Did you watch the first season at all? The very first episode has Kara fighting a misogynistic villain and arguing with Cat over whether or not calling a woman a girl is demeaning.

The show was unwatchable. You think if Supergirl was good it wouldn't be ending now?
    The issues with the Supergirl show are a lot more complex than you think and an argument could be made that the pandemic plays more of a role than the reception to the show. And there are plenty of good series that lasted a lot shorter than six seasons.

Plus, what that show did to Superman as a character was nothing short of criminal.
    We're still on this? Look, Superman losing a fight to his cousin under mind control is not even close to the worst thing that has ever happened to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If and any Political content doesn't have to be ham-fisted or preached. The last thing i want is a preachy superman show.Also, even the most apolitical person has a leaning and opinions. Even if they aren't trying to, these things sometimes come through.The s meant superman. The shield was a police badge and superman wasn't their best friend to say the least.
    Yes, few things turn me off more from something than it being preachy.

They can tackle basically any theme, as long as they don't let me few they are trying to convince me of what they believe is right.

Spectacular Member

Did you watch the first season at all? The very first episode has Kara fighting a misogynistic villain and arguing with Cat over whether or not calling a woman a girl is demeaning.

The issues with the Supergirl show are a lot more complex than you think and an argument could be made that the pandemic plays more of a role than the reception to the show. And there are plenty of good series that lasted a lot shorter than six seasons.

We're still on this? Look, Superman losing a fight to his cousin under mind control is not even close to the worst thing that has ever happened to the character.
    The reason why Tyler Hoechlin is made fun of and sneered at for playing Superman is because of what the Supergirl writers did to his character. "Oh Kara, I could never be as strong as you. You are the true champion of earth" lol, somebody pass me a barf bag lol.