Page 87 of 149 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Yes, few things turn me off more from something than it being preachy.

They can tackle basically any theme, as long as they don't let me few they are trying to convince me of what they believe is right.
    But how is that different from what the average superhero already does? Superheroes have always been very overt morality tales going all the way back to the first Superman run.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    The reason why Tyler Hoechlin is made fun of and sneered at for playing Superman is because of what the Supergirl writers did to his character. "Oh Kara, I could never be as strong as you. You are the true champion of earth" lol, somebody pass me a barf bag lol.
    Yeah and it's a petty and dumb reason to hate this version of Superman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah and it's a petty and dumb reason to hate this version of Superman.

But as you can see, they got rid of that crappy costume with the clip on cape lol. I suspect this will be a far better Superman than what we got on Supergirl. This will respect the legacy character and not insult it like Supergirl writers did. And look folks, the ultimate goal here is to get Batman on the CW channel. That will NEVER happen if you disrespect legacy characters and that's what Supergirl did. Also back on the black Lex front, this writer is so woke she's alseep. If you got a black lex, somewhere is a black Superman who will show up at some point. It will be a great groundbreaking situation when it happens. Also when the other Lex meets up with alternate Lex. So many ways, so many possibilities, but this writer in her shortsightedness is trying to ruin it.

But how is that different from what the average superhero already does? Superheroes have always been very overt morality tales going all the way back to the first Superman run.
    A better way to explain, is that as long as it don't feel out of place, I'm ok with it.

If, it looks like I'm watching some educational video is very hard for me not to lose interest.

One thing that is really bad, is when they do an thematic episode, an episode about racism, one about gun violence, etc. Like Arrow gun episode for example, it was kind of crap. When compared with Sons of Anarchy 6x01 for example, it looks worse.

Spectacular Member

A better way to explain, is that as long as it don't feel out of place, I'm ok with it.

If, it looks like I'm watching some educational video is very hard for me not to lose interest.

One thing that is really bad, is when they do an thematic episode, an episode about racism, one about gun violence, etc. Like Arrow gun episode for example, it was kind of crap. When compared with Sons of Anarchy 6x01 for example, it looks worse.
    EXACTLY. Entertain me, don't preach to me.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It is. They should have shown her the door far sooner, if that was her idea of a contribution.
    That depends on what she was hired to do. Lots of shows have consultants whose job it is to make sure minorities are represented. If that was the purpose of her hiring and they basically ignored her suggestions, that's a lot different than her making demands as a writer and being fired for them. We're only getting one side of this story right now. One of the concerns I have with the show is that it has too many main characters. You've got Superman, Lois, their sons, and everyone else in town. It's going to be kind of hard to do B stories with that many people.
    Assassinate Putin!

We're still on this? Look, Superman losing a fight to his cousin under mind control is not even close to the worst thing that has ever happened to the character.
    Yes, some of us Superman fans are still on this because it was that bad. It was much more than just losing a fight to his cousin, it was a constant reminder that Supergirl was so much better, smarter, wiser and awesome than Superman, the greatest and the original action adventure superhero that ever existed. At least he is all that to me and others.

This is why I'm not excited for this show yet. The CW has failed me many times with their shows, but it's Superman (and Lois) and I feel the duty to give them a chance to prove me wrong. Maybe they learned a lesson, but I'm not holding my breath.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Yes, some of us Superman fans are still on this because it was that bad. It was much more than just losing a fight to his cousin, it was a constant reminder that Supergirl was so much better, smarter, wiser and awesome than Superman, the greatest and the original action adventure superhero that ever existed. At least he is all that to me and others.

This is why I'm not excited for this show yet. The CW has failed me many times with their shows, but it's Superman (and Lois) and I feel the duty to give them a chance to prove me wrong. Maybe they learned a lesson, but I'm not holding my breath.
    CW wants to eventually get Batman on CW. That will never happen as long as they disrespect legacy characters like Superman. They got rid of that awful cosplay costume with the clip on cape lol. I think they will do better. Which is why I think this writer got shown the door. She wants to.create the Supergirl version of Superman. And that's not acceptable.

But as you can see, they got rid of that crappy costume with the clip on cape lol. I suspect this will be a far better Superman than what we got on Supergirl.
    You do realize that episode wasn't Superman's only appearance on the show, right?

This will respect the legacy character and not insult it like Supergirl writers did.
    If Superman being humble is your idea of disrespect, I don't know how you became a fan in the first place.

And look folks, the ultimate goal here is to get Batman on the CW channel.
    And you know this how?

That will NEVER happen if you disrespect legacy characters and that's what Supergirl did.

No it didn't. Believe me, we've seen CW shows disrespect characters (Black Canary and Mr Terrific being good examples).

Also back on the black Lex front, this writer is so woke she's alseep. If you got a black lex, somewhere is a black Superman who will show up at some point. It will be a great groundbreaking situation when it happens. Also when the other Lex meets up with alternate Lex. So many ways, so many possibilities, but this writer in her shortsightedness is trying to ruin it.
    Did you actually read her complaints? She was trying to make it so that there were black heroes and black villains on the show. She wasn't trying to stop a black Lex Luthor from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

And if that episode where the only time Superman appeared on the show or the only fight he had in the entire Arrowverse, you'd actually have a point.

CW wants to eventually get Batman on CW.
    Again, what are you basing this on?

And if that episode where the only time Superman appeared on the show or the only fight he had in the entire Arrowverse, you'd actually have a point.
    Honest question, that is any fight he actually won on the Arrowverse? Like he, on his own defeating some bad guy, did it happen?

I don't knwo if I watched everyone of his appearances, but for what I saw on Supergirl and some crossover episodes, I don't remember him winning any fight, I remember him participating in some group fights and not making much of a difference.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 11-10-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

Again, what are you basing this on?
    Published rumors state so.
    Last edited by objectivewatcher2013; 11-10-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Published rumors state so.
    So a big fat load of nothing then.

Honest question, that is any fight he actually won on the Arrowverse? Like he, on his own defeating some bad guy, did it happen?

I don't knwo if I watched everyone of his appearances, but for what I saw on Supergirl and some crossover episodes, I don't remember him winning any fight, I remember him participating in some group fights and not making much of a difference.
    He defeated a mind controlled Superman in Crisis on Infinite Earths and in an episode before the fight with Kara saved her from Metallo.