Page 93 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2229
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, even the comics gave her one in her last Post-Crisis appearance during Grounded, if I remember right.
    You broke the gentleman's agreement of never discussing Grounded. Ten paces, turn and fire, sir.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hesitate to say they did, because I think they had a good take on her, but they killed her off too soon.
    It's possible that Livewire's death was a function of the production move after Season One. There were a number of characters who were introduced in Season One, who only appeared a couple more times (if at all) once the production moved. Calista Flockhart being the prime example. I don't think everyone wanted to commute to Vancouver.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's possible an actor wants out of a role if they don't think they are getting enough call backs for a recurring character. If I'm an actor and I get offered a full time gig, or sit by the phone and hope the show I'm on periodically calls me this week, which one is the better deal? If the Livewire actress wanted out of the role so she could move on, it's possible they killed her character off for that reason. Maxwell Lord never showed up after season one because the actor didn't want to move to Vancouver.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's possible an actor wants out of a role if they don't think they are getting enough call backs for a recurring character. If I'm an actor and I get offered a full time gig, or sit by the phone and hope the show I'm on periodically calls me this week, which one is the better deal? If the Livewire actress wanted out of the role so she could move on, it's possible they killed her character off for that reason. Maxwell Lord never showed up after season one because the actor didn't want to move to Vancouver.
    As did Lucy's actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's possible that Livewire's death was a function of the production move after Season One. There were a number of characters who were introduced in Season One, who only appeared a couple more times (if at all) once the production moved. Calista Flockhart being the prime example. I don't think everyone wanted to commute to Vancouver.
    Where's Riverdale filmed? If that's in Vancouver too then the move from LA wasn't the reason for Livewire's demise.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Where's Riverdale filmed? If that's in Vancouver too then the move from LA wasn't the reason for Livewire's demise.
    Riverdale is in Vancouver. Fair enough. I didn't realize she was also on Riverdale.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I wonder if that Batwoman crossover is still going to happen since it looks like next year's crossover or what they're doing in place of a crossover is going to be Diggle/Green Lantern bouncing between all the shows.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I wonder if that Batwoman crossover is still going to happen since it looks like next year's crossover or what they're doing in place of a crossover is going to be Diggle/Green Lantern bouncing between all the shows.
    I wonder that too. I have a feeling it may happen but differently than they originally planned. Since Kara and Kate were close, I'm sure Supergirl is going to want to know what happened to her friend. If Kate's disappearance is connected to Bruce's, Superman will probably also want to know as apparently he and this universe's Batman were friends too. Possibly something later on their respective seasons. Although, then again Supergirl is in its last season of 20 episodes and they still have unfinished business from last season to resolve,and the Superman series is only 13 episodes this season. Perhaps Kara or Clark or both may show up on Batwoman for a couple episodes instead of a full crossover.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I wonder that too. I have a feeling it may happen but differently than they originally planned. Since Kara and Kate were close, I'm sure Supergirl is going to want to know what happened to her friend. If Kate's disappearance is connected to Bruce's, Superman will probably also want to know as apparently he and this universe's Batman were friends too. Possibly something later on their respective seasons. Although, then again Supergirl is in its last season of 20 episodes and they still have unfinished business from last season to resolve,and the Superman series is only 13 episodes this season. Perhaps Kara or Clark or both may show up on Batwoman for a couple episodes instead of a full crossover.
    That would make the most sense in having Supergirl show up for Batwoman. Maybe we might see some sort of detective work from the new Batwoman with her to find out what was up with Kate?

So the Superman show is only getting 13 this season, is that due to Covid or was that the plan?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    That would make the most sense in having Supergirl show up for Batwoman. Maybe we might see some sort of detective work from the new Batwoman with her to find out what was up with Kate?

So the Superman show is only getting 13 this season, is that due to Covid or was that the plan?
    That was always the plan as far as I know. It's likely more expensive than the other shows and seems to exist primarily because the DCEU Superman is in a holding pattern while Warner execs and Cavill's agent see who blinks first

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That was always the plan as far as I know. It's likely more expensive than the other shows and seems to exist primarily because the DCEU Superman is in a holding pattern while Warner execs and Cavill's agent see who blinks first
    Wonder how long the standoff will continue. A while back I would’ve said WB held all the cards but since they’re going all in on Zack Snyder again, feels like only a matter of time until Cavill gets what he wants.

Thankfully the new focus on the “multiverse” means they likely won’t cancel the show, God knows we needs more Superman material that isn’t just him going evil.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This new Batwoman really makes things more confusing as far as where she fits in the wider Arrowverse.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder how long the standoff will continue. A while back I would’ve said WB held all the cards but since they’re going all in on Zack Snyder again, feels like only a matter of time until Cavill gets what he wants.

Thankfully the new focus on the “multiverse” means they likely won’t cancel the show, God knows we needs more Superman material that isn’t just him going evil.
    My understanding is that the Flash movie is basically Flashpoint. In other words, Warners may call Cavill's bluff and say that either he comes back or they use the "reboot" to replace him. I think the Snyder cut creates more problems than it fixes for Warners because now they have two JL movies out there. And if fans like the "new" one better, that complicates matters going forward. This is why I was against releasing it. No way Snyder fans let this go without insisting the rest of the franchise be built around this one movie most people will never see. And Whedon being an ass doesn't help matters either. Warners is in a bad place with the DCEU right now. Half their stars aren't coming back and no one knows what "counts" going forward. I don't see another Superman movie on the horizon for a while. Giving him a TV show was probably a good idea just to keep him in the public spotlight until someone can sort out this train wreck.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's covid season chances of people seeing snyder movie along with all the other movies being released which includes stuff like wonder woman is high.I don't what they are going to do with snyder's take.But,from the looks of it and the money being poured into the jl.It seems like new management is on board for what snyder has in mind.I only expected them to allow some minor touch ups and release his original vision.But,that seems to be not the case anymore.

Anyways,regardless i am getting an anti-hero or villain version of superman in black adam.Hopefully,they keep the "I have knack for destroying bullies" thing and "chained slave" bit.I am sure Rock will bring his charm and charisma that a superman should have.i am perfectly fine with whatever they decide to do now."truth,justice and the black adam way" hit's all the right spot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's covid season chances of people seeing snyder movie along with all the other movies being released which includes stuff like wonder woman is high.I don't what they are going to do with snyder's take.But,from the looks of it and the money being poured into the jl.It seems like new management is on board for what snyder has in mind.I only expected them to allow some minor touch ups and release his original vision.But,that seems to be not the case anymore.

Anyways,regardless i am getting an anti-hero or villain version of superman in black adam.Hopefully,they keep the "I have knack for destroying bullies" thing and "chained slave" bit.I am sure Rock will bring his charm and charisma that a superman should have.i am perfectly fine with whatever they decide to do now."truth,justice and the black adam way" hit's all the right spot for me.
    I know Dwayne Johnson keeps bringing him up because he wants to fight Superman, but Black Adam is supposed to be Billy's Opposite Number.