Page 95 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2229
    Amazing Member

Better than his first suit although not a fan of the high neckline. (Didn't like it in Superman Returns or Nu52, either)
    Also, the early 2000s are over, can we get away from these suits having weird textures or patterns all over them?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Hallelujah, the cape clasps are gone!

That was my only real issue with the other suit. In any case this is an overall improvement.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Better than his first suit although not a fan of the high neckline. (Didn't like it in Superman Returns or Nu52, either)
    Also, the early 2000s are over, can we get away from these suits having weird textures or patterns all over them?
    No. Even Stargirl, whose suit is otherwise completely comic accurate, has added detailing. It's just how they make them nowadays, they're meant to look realistic, not like they've been printed in CMYK. Honestly, Power Rangers is pretty much the only thing still using flat coloured spandex.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Neckline is too high for you? The rumors made it seem like he had a collar so maybe I was just preparing myself for the worst but as long as his neck is still left exposed I don’t have a problem with it.

I prefer a big honking S, but its a really solid costume.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

https://ew.com/tv/superman-and-lois-...mpression=true
    I find that the new suit is representative of the show," said Hoechlin, who stars alongside Elizabeth Tulloch, in a statement." Just as this suit is unique and set apart from the ones that preceded it, the story we’re telling about Clark/Superman at this point in his life is unique and something we’ve never seen before. I appreciate the opportunity to wear the suit and the responsibility that comes with it."

He continued: "But it’s always interesting when I’m asked how I feel about “my new suit,” because I’ve always felt that the suit doesn’t belong to me; it belongs to everyone that finds some kind of meaning in that suit, in the symbol on the chest. I just happen to be the one wearing it. I come from the world of baseball and a line of coaches that always preached that the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the one on the back. Because when you wear that jersey, it represents not only you, but your entire team, and everyone that has ever worn that jersey that came before you. So when I wear the suit, that’s what it means to me. It represents everything that Superman stands for and has stood for, for almost a century now. And I look forward to carrying on that tradition.”

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First Look at Supes' new costume:

Has a very New 52 look. Minus the stupid collar. Particularly the belt. Not bad. At least the stupid cape clips are gone. Just hope that collar doesn't choke him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First Look at Supes' new costume:

Hoechlin finally has a proper Superman costume .

Hm I can kinda see what you guys mean. But it still looks like a mix of the two imo. Maybe it’s just the lack of high collar throwing me off lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hm I can kinda see what you guys mean. But it still looks like a mix of the two imo. Maybe it’s just the lack of high collar throwing me off lol
    I think we should just look at it as a "modern" Superman suit and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we should just look at it as a "modern" Superman suit and call it a day.
    Definitely is my favorite live action Super suit in terms of looks for sure. I wonder if DC’s new focus on creative synergy will cause him to adopt the look in the comics?

Personally the belt is the biggest improvement. That thick rectangle he's had before bothered me a lot more than the cape clips. zooming in, i can't tell if the center of the belt buckle is yellow or red, could go either way but Leaning towards red (new 52).

That's a huge improvement, for sure! No more cape clasps, and the boots look more traditional. A bit of Rebirth (the dark blue), a bit of Reborn (boots, aspects of the belt), a bit of New52 (belt), and more than a bit of Superman Returns (collar, cape, and possibly colors)

But... the collar bugs me. I hate that T-shirt collar look, and how the cape has to attach because of it. It just looks... cheap.

And these TV people are always going to be too lazy for a spitcurl, aren't they?
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Definitely is my favorite live action Super suit in terms of looks for sure. I wonder if DC’s new focus on creative synergy will cause him to adopt the look in the comics?
    I honestly would've expected it to be the other way around with him sporting the trunks again.

Huge improvement! Still not a fan of the show’s concept. Don’t like Lois and Clark having one teenage son let alone two.