Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly would've expected it to be the other way around with him sporting the trunks again.
    You’ve got a much higher opinion of the way WB views comics than I do. I believe it will always be the outside media that bleeds into the comics in the short term. In the long term eventually we will get people who grew up on Morrison, Johns, Busiek, etc taking over Superman and then the comics from the 00s and 10s will play a bigger role in shaping the mass media portrayal.

The vibe I get most out of this rendering is Superman Returns because of the neckline and the size and location of the shield.

It's passable. It looks like Superman, though not my favorite, but it's still better than the prior one so it's progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Huge improvement! Still not a fan of the show’s concept. Don’t like Lois and Clark having one teenage son let alone two.
    Same, still have no interest in the actual show. But a good design is a good design and this is a good costume.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You’ve got a much higher opinion of the way WB views comics than I do. I believe it will always be the outside media that bleeds into the comics in the short term. In the long term eventually we will get people who grew up on Morrison, Johns, Busiek, etc taking over Superman and then the comics from the 00s and 10s will play a bigger role in shaping the mass media portrayal.
    We had the trunks back in Harley Quinn and Man of Tomorrow, but maybe they feel more comfortable with it in animation than they do in live-action.

I mean, I'm a fan of the classics, but I loved the Reborn suit too...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Anything was an improvement over that last suit and it was probably the worst on screen costume since George Reeve's giant man panties.

In the end, the fact that either man were able to pull off both of those terrible outfits is a testament to their ability to project Supermaness.

Batman hasn't wore trunks in live action since Adam West but comics wise he rocked them just as much as Superman has.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Batman hasn't wore trunks in live action since Adam West but comics wise he rocked them just as much as Superman has.
    Right, traditionally outside of some minor synergy they’ve mostly left the comics alone. But that’s not the way they’re planning to do thing anymore apparently. Going forward creative synergy is supposed to be a bigger deal. Maybe that will end up being bs, and I hope it is, but it would make sense with the moves AT&T/WB has been making along with the new leadership at DC.

The design is fine but the neck level needs to be lowered. I know I'm in the minority by liking the Superman returns costume, but even then I felt the neck line was too high.

Right, traditionally outside of some minor synergy they’ve mostly left the comics alone. But that’s not the way they’re planning to do thing anymore apparently. Going forward creative synergy is supposed to be a bigger deal. Maybe that will end up being bs, and I hope it is, but it would make sense with the moves AT&T/WB has been making along with the new leadership at DC.
    Does that mean Clark and Lois are going to have a second kid ?

More costume variants mean more revenue to be generated by more kinds of merch.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Some pics from the set:

The muscle suit aspect of it is really pronounced if the lighting is off. Hopefully they have some good DPs

I think it still looks really great! So Superman .