Page 99 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2229

Are they going to do anything with Steel. Even if they don't want to make him a big headliner DC could do so much more with him
    The J-man

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Are they going to do anything with Steel. Even if they don't want to make him a big headliner DC could do so much more with him
    There are some rumblings of the new team having plans for him, but given that there's been no official words, he's probably going to be in the books but not the biggest player. May change down the line, but he's in that Super family roster picture so that has to count for something. As for the TV show, frankly I've heard nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Well that's on them for not planning according to budget. If you know your show requires $3M in budget (just a random number) for CGI, and you have five shows and a budget of $10M, why would you do five for $2M and make sure none of them look good? Why not develop shows with leads and concepts which require less so that everything is at a higher level of quality?

Steel is a great character and concept but both were burned by a poorly produced movie. Something isn't always better than nothing.
    I mean, just looking at the Arrowverse, they started with Arrow which was pretty low-scale and only gradually started upping things with Flash, then Legends, and then Supergirl.
    There are some rumblings of the new team having plans for him, but given that there's been no official words, he's probably going to be in the books but not the biggest player. May change down the line, but he's in that Super family roster picture so that has to count for something. As for the TV show, frankly I've heard nothing.
    I would say Clark would probably need the Arrowverse traditional Superhero support staff, but he'll probably be busy enough with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...282340353?s=21

In September there’s going to be a Superman event apparently that’s going to set up a big new status quo. Johnson here hints that Steel may get to be featured more soon. Williamson also wrote Steel teaming up with Batwoman in his Batman/Superman run.

As for the TV show, Steel would be the obvious “tech support” guy, we’ll see if he shows up. So far nothing though.

aw okay, well fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...282340353?s=21

In September there’s going to be a Superman event apparently that’s going to set up a big new status quo. Johnson here hints that Steel may get to be featured more soon. Williamson also wrote Steel teaming up with Batwoman in his Batman/Superman run.

As for the TV show, Steel would be the obvious “tech support” guy, we’ll see if he shows up. So far nothing though.
    Nice, I'm looking to get back into DC comics in a big way. I've got to catch up with Superman and Naomi and several other characters. I kind of know what's going on with Batman, but other then that I'm several months behind on DC. Honestly, I don't think I've read too much of Superman since Bendis run started outside from a few Justice League stories.
    The J-man

Mehcad Brooks should've been John Henry Irons instead of Jimmy. Just sayin'...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mehcad Brooks should've been John Henry Irons instead of Jimmy. Just sayin'...
    Or Ronald Troupe...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Or Ronald Troupe...
    Well, if we're going for Ron Troupe man of action take, sure .

Well, if we're going for Ron Troupe man of action take, sure .
    It's less of a stretch than him as Jimmy freakin' Olsen was.

Honestly, I can't think of a single aspect of Brooks's James that bore any resemblance to any prior incarnation of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's less of a stretch than him as Jimmy freakin' Olsen was.

Honestly, I can't think of a single aspect of Brooks's James that bore any resemblance to any prior incarnation of the character.
    That was deliberate.

The fact that they turned him into another Superhero tells me that they should've just cast him as an actual hero in the Superverse instead of trying to make him Jimmy.

They wanted the name recognition, someone who would be connect to Superman and could speak for him. Jimmy Olsen is more well known that John Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    They wanted the name recognition, someone who would be connect to Superman and could speak for him. Jimmy Olsen is more well known that John Henry.
    And, of course, redhead = black actor when casting.

Not that they couldn't have cast a black actor that was a better fit for the type of character Jimmy is, but I don't think that was ever their intention.

And the fact that they gave Wynn a lot of Jimmy's personality made the decision even more perplexing.

I am still holding out hope that they use Crisis shenanigans to reboot Jimmy into something closer to his classic self, particularly after Fraction & Leiber practically gave everyone a masterclass on how awesome that version of Jimmy can be.

I'd love to see Jimmy show up as the crazy uncle to Jon and...uh...Not Jon.

That was deliberate.

The fact that they turned him into another Superhero tells me that they should've just cast him as an actual hero in the Superverse instead of trying to make him Jimmy.
    The superhero in question being another Jim. In the comics, Guardian is usually Jim Harper. As for making him black, the other Guardian could've inspired that casting choice - Mal Duncan. He was a composite.

Think they'll adopt a new Krypto? I don't care how bad the show is, you put a puppy Krypto on and I'm there for an episode at minimum.
    Titans is using Krypto, so that's unlikely.

Besides, isn't Arrowverse Superman supposed to have been active for 20 years already? Seems likely that Krypto if he existed is already dead, unless he has extended longevity compared to normal dogs.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-21-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think that Jimmy's sister is still in the Supergirl show, so I don't know if crisis would be able to be used to reboot that one. But I wouldn't be surprised if Lana being a major part of this show is because Clark's other traditional besties, Bruce and Jimmy are both basically out of the picture. And Lana's kinda next in line if you want Clark to have a friend besides Lois.
    It does kinda suck though, they've really done a great job reinvigorating Jimmy in the comics. But they already wasted him in tv and the movies. Maybe intoduce a Jimmy from another universe?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-22-2020 at 07:59 PM.