Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Astonishing Member

So they learned utterly nothing from the previous debacle?

Astonishing Member

The only way I see this working is if each Gen gets its own line of books and even then,that might just be a temporary solution.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

So from what I'm understanding from the article, they're doing this again so writers or whomever can catch up on books that might be released late while also doubling as a prequel to 5G?

Will this be related to the next Crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will this be related to the next Crisis?
    The timing and structure seem to fit. If we're talking later in 2020, writers would need a few months to time a skip period accordingly as well as making sure their pre- and post- continuity ducks are not only in a row, but in the proper row.

I wonder if it's before or after the crisis. If after, it could give some interesting stories of the past in this new timeline. If before, I guess multiversal stories

Mighty Member

Maybe something like the Marvel Generations line from a year ago? Having heroes (maybe 5G ones) interacting with their predecessors in a weird time traveling tale?

I'm not going to be pissed until we see the actual format this takes - I didn't hate some of the Convergence tie-ins (even if the event was weird and mostly pointless).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

DC taking some time from the main books to sort themselves out is a good idea in my opinion. I doubt they are going to stop publishing new material entirely so I just hope they can put out some fun books to fill the gap.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Sounds good to me. If the JL editor is the one handling it, then she will obviously have them all tie-in to what is going on with the next Crisis. Last Convergence, Dick Grayson fans got NTT, Nightwing/Oracle, and Earth-2 DickBats/Huntress, and Titans fans got NTT and Titans (with Lian!). That is quite a lot more Dick Grayson or Titans than we are getting currently, so anything like that is going to be great imo. I also don't see how this could be seen as a negative if it's just to give current creators more leeway with their current deadlines.

penetrator of things

apex lex is telos
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

So I'm going to assume that this 2 month break is gonna happen either before this crisis event or after the crisis event.

And if the whole point of doing so is to help with DC comics timeliness b/c of the multiple delays or almost delays ...I'm gonna assume the writer and artist involved is gonna be someone who currently won't have a book (unless they're shown themselves efficient in juggling more than one book).

BANNED

Here is hoping that if this is true that DC gets their timeline straighten up properly.

Yeah... so conclusion in 2021 and softcover TP of the whole arc in 2023. *shrug*

Still waiting on Heroes in Crisis and that tie in book (even if its already spoiled and usually gets referred to as a bad thing).

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Maybe something like the Marvel Generations line from a year ago? Having heroes (maybe 5G ones) interacting with their predecessors in a weird time traveling tale?

I'm not going to be pissed until we see the actual format this takes - I didn't hate some of the Convergence tie-ins (even if the event was weird and mostly pointless).
    That was two years ago. One of them was Jean Grey, remember, whose legacy version turned out to be her younger self (rather than alternate universe) and was removed a year ago in Extermination.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman