Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I saw the show as taking place on another Earth or 15 or so years after their appearances on Supergirl. The former is probably more likely but I could be wrong.
    Considering Lois mentioned "the twins" to Clark at the end of Crisis, I would think they're all on the same earth. No reason to think otherwise until there's a concrete contradiction.

The episode itself was pretty smooth. It's a basic TV pilot but doesn't stumble over itself like the Supergirl one did years ago.

I'm curious if it could keep up the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah they are composite character with Jon getting the personality and Jordan getting the look and the powers. But for all intents purpose Jordan will end up being comic book "Jon". Where I think you are wrong is that Jon is probably never going to get powers and we have to be on death alert for him the entire show because he is character most likely to die heroically imo( not any time soon tho)

As for the show itself it seem pretty solid but fear for this show is what happens when it relaxes a bit that is when you can really judge it but so far so good.
    I don't think they could kill off Jon but I wonder if they feel the twin dynamic is vital to the family unit of the show to keep it without a massive shakeup.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The episode itself was pretty smooth. It's a basic TV pilot but doesn't stumble over itself like the Supergirl one did years ago.
    The extra half hour helped in that regard, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Wow. I gotta say, I am deeply impressed. The Pilot really did everything to keep me invested. Great cast of potentially interesting character, stunning effects, exciting villain, and most importantly, the right tone.
    It's neither too lighthearted, nor too depressive. It has tragic and serious moments, but a lot of optimism and hopefulness too.

These writers really udnerstand the core of Superman. Hope they keep this up!

I suppose Clark is too moral to just go grab some sunken, ancient, treasures and pay off the farm’s mortgage (as well as other folks in town). It would be a neat gag for Lois to suggest it, though.

Oh, and I nominate Dean Cain as a Superman-media alumnus to stop by, as Kyle's father. their characters seem to have a similar outlook.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-24-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Good show. A money suggestion. This is the Midwest, and it is quite possible that someone buried a stash of gold coins or two in the Midwest that were never found. Certainly, there are shipwrecked coins (but these are more traceable). Clark can find some stashes - bury them on the farm and surprise when doing some excavation - come up with them.

Extraordinary Member

I'll be honest, I'm not that impressed with the two actors playing the sons. They seem like your same, usual CW teen actors. Not sure what i was wanting but neither of them seems to be what I would want for the sons of Clark and Lois.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm not that impressed with the two actors playing the sons. They seem like your same, usual CW teen actors.
    Which is about the same acting level that you can find just about anywhere else, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'll be honest, I'm not that impressed with the two actors playing the sons. They seem like your same, usual CW teen actors. Not sure what i was wanting but neither of them seems to be what I would want for the sons of Clark and Lois.
    I can’t really decide how I feel about the twins, yet; Jordan seems to be the more articulate of the two, which makes me wonder if we need to keep a closer eye on Jonathan. What happens if jordan is the one with powers? How will Jonathan feel? Will he step up for his brother as he has till now? Or will he turn on him? I’m kind of liking the show, but I’m also not sure I feel about lois’ father. I’m getting Jacob Kane vibes from him. I’m really liking the music. I’m really wondering why the Kent’s would be trying to run a farm in today’s climate.
    Last edited by protege; 02-24-2021 at 02:09 PM.

I thought they did a pretty good job, actually. Felt believable as teens/brothers.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Good show. A money suggestion. This is the Midwest, and it is quite possible that someone buried a stash of gold coins or two in the Midwest that were never found. Certainly, there are shipwrecked coins (but these are more traceable). Clark can find some stashes - bury them on the farm and surprise when doing some excavation - come up with them.
    I would love it if the Kent’s could find a way to pay for the farm so there’d be at least one less thing for them to obsess over. And, I’m guessing that this alternate world Luthor was born on his version of krypton, sent to earth and raised by the luthors. Not sure how the spaceship fits in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That was by far my favorite moment in the episode.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member

That scene captured something about the character that the late great Christopher Reeve articulated so well in an interview once.

Superman is a God-like character who doesn’t believe himself to be better than us mortals, but believes us mortals can be better. We can do better than our best. That we are stronger than we think we are. He represents the best of us and that will always be Superman to me.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-24-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.