Page 37 of 103 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

It was hard focusing on this show after watching ....
    But seeing Steel fight alongside Superman in his armor was awesome, just wished they fix his helmet so it would look closer to the comics.

And give him the chest shield and cape!!!

Mighty Member

The rest of the Arrowverse has lost me, but this show is so good.

These writers get Superman. Hoechlin nails it week after week. Tulloch is an amazing Lois. Even the kids work most of the time. (Well, Jonathan. I'm still not sold on Jordan.) And now that they've pivoted to Steel with the Stranger, the character is finally taking off. I simply love this program.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm surprised they resolved it in one episode, but it was really well done. I appreciate how this episode showed how Clark's family saved him by convincing John to save him rather than kill him. That was all really well done.

It's funny how John just looks like a guy in armor with that helmet, but when it comes off... It's Steel!! A metallic helmet that looks like his face most likely won't happen, so this is the second best. Also, I know that scene wasn't exactly Green Lantern and Steel there, but ... kinda.

The townspeople really took out their pitchforks blaming Kyle. I seem to recall a lot of people embracing Edge. If they continue this storyline, hopefully others will stand up for him or at least admit their own culpability.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yes, Kyle wasn't the only one responsible for Edge, the mayor for one and many of the town folk that voted against Lois at the town meeting. Kyle is just the easy scapegoat settled with the town's own failings and willingness to turn a blind eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep. Edge is the one to throw stones at, not Kyle.
    Generally agreed. Looking forward to seeing John Henry Irons come back as an ally (and hopefully a friend) now that he's realized that (this) Superman isn't like the one that destroyed his world, although for all we know, the same thing --- takeover by the spirit of an evil fellow Kryptonian --- might have happened to that one, too, only he didn't have a family to fight for the way "our" Clark/Kal-El/Superman did. That being said, with Edge/Tal-Ro still being around --- and maybe possessed by the spirit of his father, if those glowing eyes are anything to go by --- it's obviously not gonna be over yet, and if the preview can be trusted, it's definitely going to be interesting to see Clark grapple with what nearly happened to him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I didn't think we were actually going to get Zod, but then it turns out Edge and Emperor Palpatine were planning to implant Zod's consciousness onto Clark the whole time. I'm guessing this is what happened to the Superman of Steel's world as well.

John is looking into this Earth's version of his younger sister. Is she supposed to be Natasha Irons' mother and setting up John's niece?

Well, yeah, no surprise John immediately jumps onto the idea of killing Superman again. Although if the device negates his powers, couldn't they have just captured him trapped him in a Kryptonite cell like they ended up doing with Edge? Were they worried Edge would stop them?

Clark took a gamble that his son would be able to hear him yelling when he's still learning to master super-hearing, but it worked.

Man, it's getting rough for the Cushing's. I really did not expect to feel for Kyle or this family as much as I have. Like, yeah, trusting Edge was a bad idea but they had no way of knowing or what was going to happen. But at least the family is growing closer in-spite of that. And it was nice to see them remember Sophie exists.

All the people thinking this show was completely standalone and not at all tied to the Arrowverse...well, here's John Diggle. Not only that, they mention Lyla, Argus, and Dig even brings up Oliver. He did seem close to Lois considering I don't think they've shared a single scene prior to this but I assume that's just a Post-Crisis thing. Clark probably had more team-ups with Ollie Post-Crisis too. He even mentions his ring in the box problem. I kind of wish he'd stayed to the end, but he made enough of an impact in this episode and now it's off to National City...I do think it would be kind of funny if they save up mentioning Kara for the season finale .

I'm not sure if I did or didn't want anyone to point out the three Johns in the room.

I kept waiting for my John.exe has stopped working moment when Lois told him she was married to Superman and I was not disappointed .

Jon is probably the one who made the most impact on convincing John to turn around on killing Clark when he brought up how they're both great dads and that there's always another way, showing that Jon has Superman's heart despite not having his powers. That was a really good Jon scene.

John Henry finally completes his character arc into becoming the comic Steel by choosing to save Superman instead of kill him, and becoming buddies with him and his family. Now all we need is for him to actually get called Steel...

So what's going to happen to Edge's holodad? Did they go back to that Fortress and take custody of his crystal or destroy it?

I keep forgetting about Leslie Larr, which I guess is how she keeps escaping. Edge always has her in his backpocket.

Was Edge's plan to absorb all the Kryptonian consciousnesses still in the Eradicator? Is he going to become the physical humanoid Eradicator from the comics? Is he just waiting for his cape and super cool shades?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All the people thinking this show was completely standalone and not at all tied to the Arrowverse...well, here's John Diggle. Not only that, they mention Lyla, Argus, and Dig even brings up Oliver. He did seem close to Lois considering I don't think they've shared a single scene prior to this but I assume that's just a Post-Crisis thing. Clark probably had more team-ups with Ollie Post-Crisis too. He even mentions his ring in the box problem. I kind of wish he'd stayed to the end, but he made enough of an impact in this episode and now it's off to National City...I do think it would be kind of funny if they save up mentioning Kara for the season finale .

Was Edge's plan to absorb all the Kryptonian consciousnesses still in the Eradicator? Is he going to become the physical humanoid Eradicator from the comics? Is he just waiting for his cape and super cool shades?
    I don't think they had a scene together, but they were on screen together on the Waverider, shortly before it was destroyed by the antimatter wave.

I'm thinking that Edge either absorbed all of the Kryptonian consciousnesses, or absorbed his father's. It feels in character that his father would force Edge to give up his body so that he could live again at Edge's expense.

As for Steel and his helmet- I don't think we'll ever get a comics-accurate Steel helmet on the show. I just don't think it will translate well into live action. I can see him with a cap and the El coat of arms, though.

I'm glad Zod did not take over as the main villain or something. He is really overused.

This show has Superboy(Jordan), Steel, and Eradicator. It's now possible for them to adapt 'the death of Superman' for season two or three.
    Also was John looking for his sister? Betcha when he finds her its the same actress who played his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    This show has Superboy(Jordan), Steel, and Eradicator. It's now possible for them to adapt 'the death of Superman' for season two or three.
    Also was John looking for his sister? Betcha when he finds her its the same actress who played his daughter.
    So I had the exact same thought regarding DoS lol I figure Edge will absorb all those trapped kryptonians, as another poster suggested. Next season, we'll have Cyborg Superman.

Also something I noticed awhile ago about Jonathon. I thought that he had his father's heart/heroic side but I realized a couple episodes ago that he's actually his mother's son.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    So I had the exact same thought regarding DoS lol I figure Edge will absorb all those trapped kryptonians, as another poster suggested. Next season, we'll have Cyborg Superman.

Also something I noticed awhile ago about Jonathon. I thought that he had his father's heart/heroic side but I realized a couple episodes ago that he's actually his mother's son.
    Jonathan is definitely his mother's son. He has a kind heart like his dad but his self confidence, his complete, unflinching faith and belief in those he loves, his reckless but heroic behaviour and his continuing to question those in authority, not in disrespect but to demand they do the right thing are Lois Lane traits through and through. I don't know how long they'll keep him powerless but I feel the writers' intent is to draw more parallels with Lois than with Clark. While Jordan has exhibited the more extreme nature of Clark's insecurities that Clark was able to iron out as he grew into the man he is today. I believe Jon will eventually get his abilities on the show but for the moment, there's no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I'm glad Zod did not take over as the main villain or something. He is really overused.
    I think this was a creative way of working Zod in without actually using Zod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Either that or she's the mother of Natasha Irons who is played by the same actress as his daughter.

I am ready for a proper Cyborg-Superman after they bungled Henshaw on Supergirl.

I could've done without the Zod reference, but other than that, this show has a way to really make you feel the stakes, both on a global scale and on a personal scale. Diggle made an impact, but it was weird seeing him in this world and mentioning his family and friends. It felt like he stepped in from another Earth.

So we're not quite done with Edge yet, but I wonder what else is left to do? And what will ultimately happen to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Clark fighting off Zod by picturing his family was more effective than any of the numerous Power of Love scenes Barry has been through.
    Somehow it accomplished the same thing with none of the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's funny how John just looks like a guy in armor with that helmet, but when it comes off... It's Steel!! A metallic helmet that looks like his face most likely won't happen, so this is the second best.
    If John continues to operate, I wonder if he will modify the armor to show that he's allied with Superman.

Well, yeah, no surprise John immediately jumps onto the idea of killing Superman again. Although if the device negates his powers, couldn't they have just captured him trapped him in a Kryptonite cell like they ended up doing with Edge? Were they worried Edge would stop them?
    I guess with evil Superman as John's worst fear, he didn't want to take any chances.

Man, it's getting rough for the Cushing's. I really did not expect to feel for Kyle or this family as much as I have. Like, yeah, trusting Edge was a bad idea but they had no way of knowing or what was going to happen. But at least the family is growing closer in-spite of that. And it was nice to see them remember Sophie exists.
    Poor Sophie missing out on the family water fight. I like and sympathize with the family the more I see of them.

Given how big this show is about family and heritage, it wouldn't surprise me if they bring in Cyborg Superman (and ignore what Supergirl did) and more Kryptonian business. I just worry with how good this first season is they could hit a sophomore slump next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I could've done without the Zod reference, but other than that, this show has a way to really make you feel the stakes, both on a global scale and on a personal scale. Diggle made an impact, but it was weird seeing him in this world and mentioning his family and friends. It felt like he stepped in from another Earth.
    SM&L is now officially in the Arrowverse .
    So we're not quite done with Edge yet, but I wonder what else is left to do? And what will ultimately happen to him?
    Become the Eradicator?
    Somehow it accomplished the same thing with none of the cheese.
    And being less forgiving to the actual villain.

Mighty Member

Morgan Edge seems a little "possessed".

Astonishing Member

I truly enjoy the show. I do have a slight problem with rest of the Arrowverse not being involved. Certainly, Kara and J'onn have abilities that would be useful. The Flash has some and Constantine might have a magical take on a runaway Clark. Problem is that the Flash team has become mired in ridiculous new Forces - the Dental Force, the Fatso Force, whatever. Kara's world has zillions of aliens all over the place. What about the Kryptonians in space? Plenty of those folks to fight edge.

Thus, separating the show from all the Arrowverse makes dramatic sense even if it offends continuity. Wish Diggle had gone GL though.