Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

I get the feeling that they're leading Lana's husband towards a villainous path, maybe as Metallo, or this shows version of Cyborg-superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I get the feeling that they're leading Lana's husband towards a villainous path, maybe as Metallo, or this shows version of Cyborg-superman.
    I think Kyle is going to insist they have to move away from Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hey, if Ezra Miller can show up, maybe Idris Elba will show up to put a K bullet in Superman.
    That would be great

Although- Bloodsport has already shown up on Supergirl. He was the bad guy in the Season 3 premier with the cloaked sub.

Personally, I'm fine with not involving other heroes of the CWverse, (although Flash's "appearance" on Black Lightning was appreciated and kinda funny for how quick it was) but for Superman in particular it always takes me out of it a little when Kara isn't even mentioned when they're talking about Kryptonians on earth. Even on Supergirl, they'd find ways of mentioning why Clark wasn't available sometimes, or about Lex's obsession with "Kryptonians" plural. Little things like that just help keep things consistent.
    It's like Kara doesn't even exist. I could see no mentions of any of the other heroes, but Kara is a blood relative.

Astonishing Member

Why didn't Uncle Bad Guy try to recruit her for his evil cause? How come Kara's Phantom Zone relatives didn't say - BTW, evil uncle is hiding and waiting to make his move?

DEO, Legion members - hey, where are you? I know the answer, just asking.

Kara was so excited by Lena having a little bit of Green K and DOD has thousands of Kryptonite bullets, shells, rockets, swords, knifes, chastity belts, twinkies laced with Green K, etc. Alex not get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    DEO, Legion members - hey, where are you? I know the answer, just asking.
    Do you know? - the DEO was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Why didn't Uncle Bad Guy try to recruit her for his evil cause? How come Kara's Phantom Zone relatives didn't say - BTW, evil uncle is hiding and waiting to make his move?
    Probably because he's not actually related at Kara at all. He's only related to Clark through their mother, who wasn't an El.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's like Kara doesn't even exist. I could see no mentions of any of the other heroes, but Kara is a blood relative.
    I would say they want to finish her season first.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I would say they want to finish her season first.
    That makes sense. Considering this show likely takes many years in the future, they likely don't want to tip their hand as to her status quo until it's over.

I absolutely love the family drama in this show because of how real it feels. Clark and Lois arguing is just genuine and you see both sides of their argument. Lois knowing Jon didn't go upstairs and yelling at him without turning around was great. I also liked the family lecture because Clark pointed out that skipping school is disrespectful to the teachers.

I know all the clues are setting up Edge becoming Eradicator, but for a second I thought he was going to become Electro-Blue Superedge.

Personally, I'm fine with not involving other heroes of the CWverse, (although Flash's "appearance" on Black Lightning was appreciated and kinda funny for how quick it was) but for Superman in particular it always takes me out of it a little when Kara isn't even mentioned when they're talking about Kryptonians on earth. Even on Supergirl, they'd find ways of mentioning why Clark wasn't available sometimes, or about Lex's obsession with "Kryptonians" plural. Little things like that just help keep things consistent.
    Given the Lex Luthor fakeout with John Henry Irons, it feels like they want to quietly let Supergirl end without acknowledging the Jon Cryer Luthor and then decide what to use and ignore of Supergirl continuity next season when this is the only Super show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel really bad for the Cushing's. They don't deserve this. And Kyle is so done that he's ready to move and leave it all behind, which might endanger Sarah and Jordan's relationship. I want to see Lana run for mayor and beat that guy though .
    Lana running for major sounds like a good season 2 storyarc.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So last week Clark was able to overcome the possession by Zod, using the Eradicator device. Zod's essences is still....out there? I don't for a moment believe he's gone. They are waiting for later to use him. A Superman show without Zod would be like a Flash show without Zoom or Reverse Flash. Each show needs to do it's take but I am glad to wait on Zod.
    Haven't most Superman shows done without Zod? The only one I can think of that did use him was Smallville. Still, I'd rather see them work Zod in than another take on Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's especially funny considering that in his first appearance on Supergirl, one of the plot threads was Clark and J'onn repairing their relationship by J'onn willingly giving him all of the DEO's Kryptonite to presumably dispose of, because Clark wasn't comfortable with the government having Kryptonite that could be used against him. And I'd love to hear this conversation with Kara, considering her feelings on the subject...
    Yeah, that plot is a little done and tired. And didn't Supergirl mention that Batman has some contingency against Superman? I could be remembering wrong, but it was one of the few Batman references.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    It would be cool to see more villains from the comics that have not got many live action appearances so far. Conduit, Barrage, Baud, Blackrock, red cloud and so on
    I've been waiting to see Conduit adapted for so long, especially since his alter ego has made appearances here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Given the Lex Luthor fakeout with John Henry Irons, it feels like they want to quietly let Supergirl end without acknowledging the Jon Cryer Luthor and then decide what to use and ignore of Supergirl continuity next season when this is the only Super show.
    A Superman version of Crisis, if you will...
    Haven't most Superman shows done without Zod? The only one I can think of that did use him was Smallville. Still, I'd rather see them work Zod in than another take on Darkseid.
    I think other shows have used Zod stand-ins.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

I know it is not about Kal-El/Clark/Superman but more about the House of El so keep that in mind when I say this: Krypton used Zod
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I know it is not about Kal-El/Clark/Superman but more about the House of El so keep that in mind when I say this: Krypton used Zod
    I know Krypton season 3 planned to use Eradicator, so it's cool this show got to do it.

That show also had a surprise half-brother reveal...

Oh yeah, very true! I was just thinking about how on most shows, Superman does encounter a Kryptonian or a remnant of Krypton, but it's not always Zod.

If Morgan Edge merges with the Eradicator, will he become "The Edgicator?" He's come to take you to school!! .... ba-dum bump! (dad jokes just seem appropriate for this show)