Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Did The Simpsons ever mention Tracy Ulman?
    I'm hoping that *if* the Simpsons ever do a final episode, it will feature Ullman in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This show has been so much about the two brothers that it makes sense that the main villain would end up being Superman's brother, or at least self-proclaimed, which I guess is a better twist than it just turning out to be Zod even if there's a lot of explaining they'll have to do. I don't think he's actually Clark's biological brother but it'll be interesting to see what happens now. Edge doesn't look like he's sporting the House of El crest, at least.
    He's not Zod. Look at how they teased Capt Luthor - he's going to end up being Bizarro. For a hot minute, I thought they were going to turn Kyle into Metallo.... still could happen....

Btw,(possible spoilers that aren't really for most fans)
    spoilers:
    According to whatever source Google uses, the guy playing John Henry Irons is listed as "Steel" FWIW
    end of spoilers

Exclamation

My friend reviews the latest shocking episode of Superman & Lois -

WARNING MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Another great episode! Must've been scary for Jordan to keep sneeze-freezing himself like that. Hopefully it hasn't hurt his relationship with Sarah too much.

I can see why everyone was mad at Sam, but I can also see why he did what he did. As far as government dudes go...he's one of the nicer, even-handed ones.

Edge is another bait and switch character? I don't recognize the symbol he was wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Did The Simpsons ever mention Tracy Ulman?
    The Simpsons referenced their Tracy Ullman shorts, sure (and Tracy Ullman herself was in the episode where Bart trains the dog), but I was mostly thinking about spin-offs that share the same continuity of their parent show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Smallville not only has become a hotbed for Kryptonite but the populace has absorbed so much of it that it makes them perfect for possession by Kryptonians. It's like the new Meteor Freaks.
    Smallville can't escape its legacy of being a place that attracts the weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Until we see more I can't yet agree to Smallville residents tolerance to X-K for possession = Smallville Meteor Freak of the Week. The writing thus far seems stronger than that on this show.
    This show is smart enough to use meteor freaks in a single plot rather than an excuse for every plot.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I was worried for a second there with Edge.

I thought he was about to hover up into the air and drop a 'Kneel.....' but, crisis averted.
    I had the same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    This isn't exactly a spoiler, but now that we've had Lois throw her dad out of her life, only to let him back in at the end of the episode, I'm almost positive he'll be killed off by the end of the season. Probably saving Clark from the kryptonians when they try to take over earth. I kind of liked him, but his devotion to duty over family made him a tough character to root for.
    Would that be too big a tragedy for this show to go through? Especially since they killed off Martha Kent in the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I can see why everyone was mad at Sam, but I can also see why he did what he did. As far as government dudes go...he's one of the nicer, even-handed ones.
    He seems nicer and more fair than I remember pre-Crisis Sam being, but that Sam was completely separated from Lois, didn't have grandkids, and didn't know Clark was Superman.

The general plot is a kind of recycling from Supergirl Season 3, but I still like it. I don't think Edge is Bizarro, but I wouldn't bet on him being General Zod either.

I also don't think "brother" is to be taken literally here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The general plot is a kind of recycling from Supergirl Season 3, but I still like it. I don't think Edge is Bizarro, but I wouldn't bet on him being General Zod either.

I almost want to say the Kryptonian scientist, but this whole plot doesn't mesh with his character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Could always turn out to be H'El from the New 52 Superman comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Was there any storyline in the comics that introduced Superman having a half brother from Krypton?

So does Clark still have the kryptonite virus, or did it burn itself out? I'd hate for him to go against his brother at half strength.

The scene with Kal and his mother was surprisingly emotional. I thought it was done well. But why would the machine be called "The Eradicator" if it wasn't intended to be destructive? I know they just want to reference the comics, but it doesn't quite make sense that she'd give it that name.

I'm a bit disappointed this is the first time Lana has met Superman. I get not letting her know his secret ID, but I would have preferred if they had run into each other a few times before and had some kind of history ... I dunno, maybe it's just me.

When Superman set off the device, did anyone else think, "Well I guess those people are going to saved just to fall to their doom..." It was a bit odd they didn't even try to have a plan for how to handle Edge after setting it off since as a pure Kryptonian he wouldn't be affected and Clark would be out of commission. They're lucky he left rather than just kill them all right there. (I don't recall seeing their experimental K weapons deployed)

So, why was Leslie not affected by the de-powering? I mean sure, she wasn't standing right next to it, but Kyle didn't either.

So, why was Leslie not affected by the de-powering? I mean sure, she wasn't standing right next to it, but Kyle didn't either.
    Lara said something about time and the willingness of the host being factors. So, aside from simply being the most stable it wouldn't surprise me if she underwent the process long enough ago that it had become permanent.

Astonishing Member

Many people are wondering about the subjekts falling out of the sky, didn't Lara mentioned something about their powers fading even after the Kryptonian consciousnesses were bottle up again? It would be irresponsible and quite awful if Clark just executed his plan without careful consideration of ensuring the Smallville folks' safety after he basically switched of the Kryptonians.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Was there any storyline in the comics that introduced Superman having a half brother from Krypton?
    This is my question as well or did these writers whole cloth that themselves? Not that shows can't do that, it's just there is so much source material to pull from.

Edge says it is his mission to do what he is doing? By whom? Lara contradicts that. Does he have his own crystal, his own "fortress" where some Kryptonian is telling him this, his father perhaps?

I also wondered why Leslie wasn't depowered? Where was she again? Was she out of range and if so that begs why she wasn't by Edge's side in the sky flying up to engage Superman does it not?

Count me in as also doing the head scratch of, what Lana has never met or seen Superman up close? That flies in the face of nearly every Clark as a teen story that there has ever been.

Lana and Sarah are imo going to have to be let in on a few more secrets. The show has moved up to that point with this episode.

Edge has a fall back plan, color me not surprised.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Edge says it is his mission to do what he is doing? By whom? Lara contradicts that. Does he have his own crystal, his own "fortress" where some Kryptonian is telling him this, his father perhaps?
    Yeah, I was thinking during the episode - Kal can talk to him as a brother, but wouldn't it have been more effective for his mother to talk to him?