Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Well, Natalie's first meeting with the Kent Family went about as well as I expected...with Lois.exe basically shutting down and John Henry having to desperately explain to her why she can't hug her mom. It only gets worse from there.

Nothing good ever happens when a love interest is away at camp for a few months. Sarah is definitely acting weird. Did she cheat on Jordan? Or does she feel like she outgrew him in three months? She's sending mixed signals.

Poor Jon. Even when Jordan is seemingly not on the team anymore, he's still not getting used.

Jon and Candice are now officially dating, and poor Clark felt it was okay to leave two horny teenagers alone while he went off to save a bunch of people as Superman. Superhero parent problems, amirite?

Superman saving that sub was a movie-level feat. Seeing all those people cheering for Superman saving me is something we should've seen more with Cavill, not dramatic visuals of people grabbing onto him as a godlike figure while he looked stonefaced and sad.

Lt. Anderson seems like a Superman fanboy who would ordinarily revel in working with Superman as the new head of the DoD, but unfortunately he wants Dark Knight Returns Superman, not the real Superman who isn't just an arm of the American government and fights all, not just American interests. Anderson is your typical "America first, no matter the cost" kind of character and that immediately clashes with Superman, which is before we find out they've used X-Kryptonite to make their own Superman soldiers and appropriated his symbol and family crest for their own use. I don't see this ending well.

Just subtle confirmations of the different kind of childhoods and experience Lois and Clark had growing up. Clark was a pretty pure, innocent, kid but Lois definitely fooled around, which is why she knows how normal teenagers act.

John Henry was overjoyed to have his daughter back, but now the reality is setting in for them, and for Natalie most especially, that this isn't their world and they don't really have a firm place there. Especially when her mom isn't her mom and all her friends don't even know her.

Kyle may be jealous of his wife spending so much time helping someone else's campaign (and seemingly being the heart and soul of said campaign), but at least he's being a better dad for Sarah. And also the amount of time Sarah has walked in on her parents making out makes me think she probably likely walked in on them having sex, at least once.

Jordan seems to have mastered super-hearing and Heat Vision. I wonder if he's gotten any other powers in the three months?

So the real heart of Lois' issue with Natalie is she didn't feel any kind of maternal feelings upon seeing her and that makes her think she's just like her own mom who abandoned her and Lucy. And Lois finally mentions Lucy for the first time in the entire series, which makes me wonder if she doesn't bring up Lucy because she brings up some childhood trauma or from Lois' failure to help take care of/raise Lucy once their mom left. But Lois still tries to get to know Natalie, not because she's her mother from an alternate universe, but because Lois is a good person.

Feels kind of full-circle that John Henry (and daughter) are now living with the Kents, given Clark wanted that at the end of the 1st season finale.

The visions...when we saw that figure beneath all the rubble, I thought it might be Doomsday sealed away, but the arm looked robotic. I mean, it would be pretty random if it were, like, Metallo but could it be Braniac and he's projecting his thoughts into Clark somehow?

Incredible Member

Thoughts on the episode.

We are back after a bit of a break. It felt like a return after the summer, but with everyone unsure of how they relate to one
    another. Lois and Clark have hit a rough patch. Lana and Kyle can't keep their hands off one another. John Henry Irons is trying
    to steer Natalie in a new world. Then Jon Kent continues to struggle finding his place. Jordan and Sarah aren't firing together either.
    it felt like Sarah was debating whether to dump Jordan, but just didn't have the energy for it when she blows back into town.

The one who took up much of the emotional energy of the episode was Lois. She struggled with the small-town newspaper staffing.
    It hasn't taken long for Lois to realize that what she wants the paper to be, with the reality of producing one in Smallville are two different things.
    Clark has once again checked out of his responsibilities of being a Dad. Is anyone really surprised? Clark has good reasons for feeling that his dayjob
    as Superman has to be front and center. But there are consequences to that, one is that his sons who are good people, but really don't get the
    guidance they need. You handle it Lois really doesn't work. It felt like last season Clark was starting to understand that he just can't be the boys pals,
    that he had to put the time in as a parent. But now Clark has fallen back into old patterns. Expecting Jon to use good judgment while he deals with a crisis
    isn't very realistic. Nor is it I just want to help, because helping really would mean pulling his weight as a partner. This feels like something that will be an
    ongoing issue.

I was never very happy with how buddy-buddy Superman was with the DOD. Their interests and Superman's are always going to diverge. The emergence of a
    Superman squad is not a good move. Clearly, Anderson and Superman are going to butt heads in the stories to come. The special effects on the show had a good feel.
    The filming budget really continues to look quite different from a typical CW show.

A last thought would be on the whole parallel earths bit. It was clever of the show to introduce John and Natalie as refugees of a Snyderverse world where Superman goes bad.
    But then living with that reality is now front and center. Because Lois may feel bad for Natalie, but she wasn't her mother in any real kind of way. But obviously that brings
    up her own issues about her own upbringing.

But the thing about alternate worlds is that you have the similarity, along with the point where they diverge. Fitting into the new world, will mean reconciling yourself to a world
    where the rules of life are quite different. We don't know much about that world where Superman went bad. There may well be other differences as well.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 01-12-2022 at 10:54 AM.

I love how they're debuting Doomsday the same way they did in the comics. It's very menacing.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I love how they're debuting Doomsday the same way they did in the comics. It's very menacing.
    Interesting take on his containment suit, too.

Not sure if it is time for Doomsday yet. Nevertheless, great to have the best show of the Arrowverse back.

Any idea how long it'll be before the show is streaming?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Any idea how long it'll be before the show is streaming?
    Shows streams on the CW site/app about midnight PST the day they air I believe.

As for HBO Max, a bit after the season ends.

As for the episode...

Cliff notes:

-Reports said we were going to get into the mind of the Lanes and see what makes them tick, so we start to see some of that with finding out about Lois' mother and how she told the family to kick rocks. Is she dead or will there be a reckoning episode somewhere down the line in season two...?

-DoD has their own Super people...like that's not going to go wrong in like 3 or 4 episodes. I imagine they will scrap with Superman at some point when him saving people clashes with the DoD plans/goals/agenda

-Jordan is going to get dumped. He is a soft try hard and Sara isn't about that. She probably sees herself as more mature than Jordan. How will that effect Jordan, will he try to be, for lack of a better word, 'harder' and front and be someone he is not to impress her to disastrous results.

-What will come of Natalie at the Kent farm...will she end up getting with one of the Kent boys? Maybe her and Jordan?

-Another run at Doomsday eh, well we shall see how it goes this time around.

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 01-12-2022 at 05:13 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Ultimate Member

If Natalie dated either brother it'd be incest pretty much as genetically they are her half-brothers...

Incredible Member

Family relationships between different worlds aren't quite as intimate.
    It was another Lois that gave birth to Natalie, not the mother of Jon and Jordan.
    You could argue that they are "sort of" cousins.
    But in reality there is no blood relationship.
    It is like the Golden Age Robin and Huntress who dated briefly.
    Dick Grayson was sort of Helena Wayne's brother, but not really, although they felt close to one another.
    But Dick was never adopted, just the "ward" of Bruce Wayne.
    They had no blood relationship, but it still seems off.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    It was another Lois that gave birth to Natalie, not the mother of Jon and Jordan.
    Dick Grayson was sort of Helena Wayne's brother, but not really, although they felt close to one another.
    Naw. Genetically, they'll still be related. That would be a bad move on the writer's part and completely turn me off on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    -Jordan is going to get dumped. He is a soft try hard and Sara isn't about that. She probably sees herself as more mature than Jordan. How will that effect Jordan, will he try to be, for lack of a better word, 'harder' and front and be someone he is not to impress her to disastrous results.
    Yeah, her dad’s comment about her being the alpha was probably the nail in the coffin.

Do we know where the DoD super people came from? I may have missed that. Can’t remember if they are holdovers from last season or what.

Tyler’s suit looks much, much better. The S looks less grubby and the neck shape is much improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Yeah, her dad’s comment about her being the alpha was probably the nail in the coffin.

Do we know where the DoD super people came from? I may have missed that. Can’t remember if they are holdovers from last season or what.

Tyler’s suit looks much, much better. The S looks less grubby and the neck shape is much improved.
    I think they probably used anyone with residual powers from X-Kryptonite, or used the remaining bit of it on their own soldiers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The writer already called them sorta half siblings, in his mind the idea of Nat with either of the boys is equivalent to incest.

Thank you, Kabuto. I binged Season 1 on HBOMax recently, so I wasn't sure about how long it would take to get new episodes after airing. I'm functioning without cable or a smart TV
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Thank you, Kabuto. I binged Season 1 on HBOMax recently, so I wasn't sure about how long it would take to get new episodes after airing. I'm functioning without cable or a smart TV
    No prob bro, I cut the cord myself a while ago, only downside really is getting shows a day later online or the streaming services
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia